Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CSI PRO CLICKER SERIES SHOCKS

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

When I see Adam drake,Dakota phend mike truhe Casey peck Cody king j.tebo Ty tesseman or any other top driver even just one start using them over the shocks that come with there kit ill believe there's something better about them then what they have on there shocks currently. If your job was to get better results then you would have a set of on your buggy if they made you better, especially at the level guys like Adam drake drive at where they can feel a 2% increase in consistency over an hour long main. I can guarantee you losi has tested these and i would imagine most other manufactures have to so I believe if you don't see these shocks on those guys buggies then they are not better and I'm 99% confident when I say that because 280$ shocks would be nothing to those guys that are serious about the slightest advantage. Look at the some of these top pros putting kyosho shocks on there factory cars that they get paid big bucks to advertise and still they will use the competitions shocks in plain sight. If they were better then they would be on every car by now but they are not. Sorry.

Originally Posted by Maxxed-out
I have been running these shocks since March on my MBX7 and I am very impressed with the shock's consistency. Comparing these to a losi 2.0 shock is laughable. It does take a little time to get the shocks dialed in to your liking as they need to go through a break-in process. The fit and finish of these shocks are far beyond anything that comes in a kit. Once you get the piston lapped in the shock body they become a completely different shock in my opinion.

I rebuilt my shocks a month ago and I have a club race weekend and AMS 4.0 on them without a single drop of oil leaking out. I can't say the same for my Mugen shocks that I run on my truggy. I rebuilt them after every qualifier at AMS because they showed signs of leaking.

The clicker shocks gives consistency throughout long runs and they actually get better once they get some heat in them. These shocks really excel on long runs because you have a shock that doesn't leak and will remain consistent.

Another reason to get the Clickers is the customer support that comes along with them. Eric and Garrett are always willing to take the time to talk through any questions I may have and make recommendations. Try calling Losi, Mugen, or any other manufacturer and see what kind of customer service you get.

Every part of these shocks are made in the USA and every set is hand inspected.

I have a new set of Clickers on my MBX6 ECO that I will be running this weekend so I will be able to provide some feedback on the Ebuggy.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
When I see Adam drake,Dakota phend mike truhe Casey peck Cody king j.tebo Ty tesseman or any other top driver even just one start using them over the shocks that come with there kit ill believe there's something better about them then what they have on there shocks currently. If your job was to get better results then you would have a set of on your buggy if they made you better, especially at the level guys like Adam drake drive at where they can feel a 2% increase in consistency over an hour long main. I can guarantee you losi has tested these and i would imagine most other manufactures have to so I believe if you don't see these shocks on those guys buggies then they are not better and I'm 99% confident when I say that because 280$ shocks would be nothing to those guys that are serious about the slightest advantage. Look at the some of these top pros putting kyosho shocks on there factory cars that they get paid big bucks to advertise and still they will use the competitions shocks in plain sight. If they were better then they would be on every car by now but they are not. Sorry.
You make a lot of assumptions and guarantees on things you know nothing about.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

In my opinion this is an ego thing, a bling option for people who have 280$ to waist. Iv watched videos iv seen them in plain sight and even tho I know they were set up totally wrong I could see they just wernt what they should of been. In my opinion they have a lot more ground to make up before they are on the same level as losi and other companies who spend countless hours with there top drivers testing every week with new set ups that are more then just changing oils. Losi has literally hand fulls of awesome drivers testing stuff around the world on every different terrain coming back with feedback on what they test, they are light years beyond this company in set up alone. Quality on the majority of the top brands are the same if not better then these shocks, ya maybe the 2.0 shocks may be obsolete these days to the new incredible 3.0 shocks but iv never had an issue with a single 2.0 shock that has been taken care of properly. If your a good driver you will replace and rebuild your shocks before they fall apart, I don't mean to start a vurble war here but all I'm saying is these shocks don't have even close to the amount of testing that even agama has and that's the biggest issues so far because no one wants to be drilling holes in blank pistons that cost I think 25$ for a set from this company, 2 the quality is not better then the few top brands they may just be the same, and 3. Your paying WAY WAY more for these shocks and more then likely your going to put them on and spend a month trying to set up right and more over you will probably spend an additional 100$ on all the parts you will need to get to find that set up. Like my original statement it's not worth it.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maxxed-out
You make a lot of assumptions and guarantees on things you know nothing about.
No you make assumptions thinking I don't know what I'm talking about, there's a few people here who actually know who I am beyond my alias.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No you make assumptions thinking I don't know what I'm talking about, there's a few people here who actually know who I am beyond my alias.
Well then, who are you? Nobody should hide behind an Alias unless they are a super secret Government spy....

The shocks are much nicer than anything Losi, Mugen and even Kyosho have on the market today. I know because I have seen them in person and, wait for it, actually held them. No testing however...

I am on the fence for these on my Kyosho cars, not because of cost, but because I am not sure they will make ME that much better than what my Kyosho shocks can do. I do however think they are priced just a scosh to high.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I was one of the suckers that jumped on these shocks right away. I will say that the quality of these shocks far surpasses the quality of my stock MBX7 shocks. I mean everything about about these shocks is spot on Laser etched shock bodies to take the guess work out of preload settings without digital calipers, detent preload adjusters( I believe every quarter turn clicks), DLC coated 4mm shock shafts compared to 3.5mm stock. You can definitely see no corners were cut and no expense spared. Does the performance of the CSI Clicker shocks far surpass the stock units... I cant say. I build my MBX7 back in Febuary and it has yet to see dirt, plus these are already on my car due to all the talk of building the stock units with losi and JQ parts. When I tried the shocks leaked simply trying to set rebound, and using all mugen kit parts the shocks felt extremely restricted and where not smooth at all...I guess time will tell when I finally get to put these on the track for testing.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

When I see Adam drake,Dakota phend mike truhe Casey peck Cody king j.tebo Ty tesseman or any other top driver even just one start using them over the shocks that come with there kit ill believe there's something better about them then what they have on there shocks currently.
Those guys are most likely not allowed to run these shocks because they are paid drivers.

They don't run Tekno conversions in E-buggy for the same reason.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:58 AM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by trimble
I was one of the suckers that jumped on these shocks right away. I will say that the quality of these shocks far surpasses the quality of my stock MBX7 shocks. I mean everything about about these shocks is spot on Laser etched shock bodies to take the guess work out of preload settings without digital calipers, detent preload adjusters( I believe every quarter turn clicks), DLC coated 4mm shock shafts compared to 3.5mm stock. You can definitely see no corners were cut and no expense spared. Does the performance of the CSI Clicker shocks far surpass the stock units... I cant say. I build my MBX7 back in Febuary and it has yet to see dirt, plus these are already on my car due to all the talk of building the stock units with losi and JQ parts. When I tried the shocks leaked simply trying to set rebound, and using all mugen kit parts the shocks felt extremely restricted and where not smooth at all...I guess time will tell when I finally get to put these on the track for testing.
If you need any help, shoot me an email ([email protected])
Old 07-18-2013, 06:16 AM
CRP
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
Those guys are most likely not allowed to run these shocks because they are paid drivers.

They don't run Tekno conversions in E-buggy for the same reason.
Correct. This is a business, and these guys are paid to represent their company's and sell parts. It's the old saying "Win on Sunday, Sale on Monday." The only way you will see a top driver running CSI shocks is if we pay him and provide all his equipment. We knew this before making the decision to manufacture these shocks, but felt there is a market for guys that like top notch products that are Made In The USA and good customer service.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

Has there been any feedback on which shocks fit the Xray XB9?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Eric - You provide great customer service.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by munrath
Eric - You provide great customer service.
The best!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CRP
If you need any help, shoot me an email ([email protected])
Greatly appreciated...
Old 07-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
Then what's your explanation for guys like maifeild running kyosho shocks? Or Jeramy Kortz?
Old 07-19-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Then what's your explanation for guys like maifeild running kyosho shocks? Or Jeramy Kortz?
They do what they have to to win

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.