Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Hot Bodies D812

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ordered 2 cvd rebuild kits recently. One rebuild kit came with the normal silver barrel looking things (the thing you screw the grub screw into. The other kit came with a black barrels. I test fit the black barrel in a new front center shaft and it seemed to have slightly more slop. Also it is physically a different part because the hole the grub screw goes in is drilled all the way through. Looking on HB's website through D815 parts it looks like the new rear drive axles have black barrels, but front drive axles use silver barrels. The pictured parts for the whole universal drive shaft set show silver front, black rear. I'm wondering if the new rear shafts have a slightly smaller inner diameter on the end where the barrel goes. I'm not sure if the black ones were packaged erroneously or if that's a new change for the cvd kits. Anyone else notice this?
Old 06-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
This is from their website: "To ask a question in the US, please contact support by email [email protected] or call our service center on (217) 398-0007."

Also if you got your kit from Amain, it wouldn't surprise me if they would go out of their way to help you.
Over 10 days since I wrote them an email about my faulty kit to [email protected] and still no response... I still can't believe how such a big company that I've been loyal to for years can leave their clients hanging like that...

I guess I'm just screwed with this faulty kit featuring:
- Bad Fuel Tank ( Top and botom parts are joined misaligned, can't mount it, leaks through the seam... Useless )
- Bad left caster block ( Top hole drilled crooked making a camber difference between left and right, also because of this the steering block is binding because it rubs on the caster block... Useless )
- Bad Arm Mount (C) ( Mounting holes are drilled offset to the top Messing with the car's antisquat... Again Useless)

All I can say is... Shame on HB/HPI...
Old 06-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Tech Master

Your email might have wound up in their spam filter, or whatever, try again!
Also, once in a while people can make a mistake..
I'm not in HPI but I can help you out with:
-2nd hand fuel tank
-2nd hand casterblock/knuckle
-2nd hand C-mount

Then that'll get you going. Let me know if you take me up on this offer.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

try the phone call... worked for me.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alejoal07
Over 10 days since I wrote them an email about my faulty kit to [email protected] and still no response... I still can't believe how such a big company that I've been loyal to for years can leave their clients hanging like that...

- Bad Fuel Tank ( Top and botom parts are joined misaligned, can't mount it, leaks through the seam... Useless )
- Bad left caster block ( Top hole drilled crooked making a camber difference between left and right, also because of this the steering block is binding because it rubs on the caster block... Useless )
- Bad Arm Mount (C) ( Mounting holes are drilled offset to the top Messing with the car's antisquat... Again Useless)

If you send an email and don't hear a response in 24 hours. Always call! No need to say shame on hpi as they may have never even received your email. Call and they will take care of you
Old 06-10-2015, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

Lets not try to cover this up, HPI's customer service is deplorable. It is almost as bad as their parts availability.

This does not change the fact that they make great RC cars, the cars I choose to use, but it is better understood than found out once you get involved with their products.

I had an issue with my D8T kit that I purchased in February, an outdrive was drilled incorrectly. I notified HPI via email. They responded several weeks later and agreed to send me a replacement. Just last week the replacement part arrived. When it arrived in the mail it took me several minutes to realize why I had gotten that part in the mail.

Fortunately I knew about HPI's weaknesses before I bought in to their products so I had other options in place to keep me racing.

Great kits... but not so good in other areas.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
If you send an email and don't hear a response in 24 hours. Always call! No need to say shame on hpi as they may have never even received your email. Call and they will take care of you
Ok, so I just called in and they are sending me new parts...
No questions asked so yeah... In short... Send them an email with pictures and then call them two days later and you will be set...

The reason why I didn't call sooner is because I'm not located in the US so if this is your case, download the MagicJack App for android or iPhone and you get free calls to the US. Then you can call them and get your problems fixed...

It actually felt like great customer service once I got in touch with them... I take back what I said before...

To me, HB still is and will always be the best Brand Ever!
Old 06-10-2015, 10:03 AM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Ok, so I just called in and they are sending me new parts...
No questions asked so yeah... In short... Send them an email with pictures and then call them two days later and you will be set...

The reason why I didn't call sooner is because I'm not located in the US so if this is your case, download the MagicJack App for android or iPhone and you get free calls to the US. Then you can call them and get your problems fixed...

It actually felt like great customer service once I got in touch with them... I take back what I said before...

To me, HB still is and will always be the best Brand Ever!
Thanks for sharing. All is well now
Old 06-10-2015, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

What are mandatory back up parts beyond a clutch?
Old 06-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
What are mandatory back up parts beyond a clutch?
nothing other than normal maintenance like clutch bearing.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Will the D815 clutch pieces work in the D812? Going to order a backup, and springs as well. The springs are only listed as compatible with the 815.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Socket
Will the D815 clutch pieces work in the D812? Going to order a backup, and springs as well. The springs are only listed as compatible with the 815.
Everything but the clutch bell will work just fine
Old 06-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default D815 brake assembly V2

Invested on this to equip my D812 but didn't fit. The hole on the chassis (D812) had a bigger gap when mounting the V2 center diff mount. Only the Brake pads fits in with a little mod as seen on Ty's vid. Hoping the V2 aluminum servo saver assembly and ackerman I ordered will direct fit without issue as well as the black shock cap to look like D815 in the track not a closer look though.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:05 PM
Tech Rookie

hello, i'm trying to find the right tire for the track I run on with my d812. The track is blown out rough and very sugary dusty. The track is in pretty rough shape. Thanks in advance!
Old 06-23-2015, 06:21 PM
Tech Prophet

On the Rear hub inserts up Front, for the Rear toe having the two dots faced down will give you more rear toe in with it pointed toward the inside ? My is with the two dots faced up and pointed toward the inside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.