Wiki Posts
Search

Fioroni Duel Action Pistons

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marco cianfrone
Are you using the 16mm for the XB9 shocks?
A friend of mine is running the pistons in his buggy and he let me take the car for a spin. The shocks work so well with the pistons. I sure wish someone had them in stock.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

after going through this thread again, there are several questions but not alot of feedback about oil viscosities before and afters. to be honest, i think it might be more helpfull if some people could state what oils they were running before the fioroni's and what oils they are running with the fioroni's at present.

i personally did not see a huge difference but maybe that is because im doing something wrong. On my Mugen mbx6R i run 450/400 with the stock pistons so i tried the Fioronis with 400/350. they did not make the car any better imo. unless someone here states that i should try going even further down on oil i dont know. we have large jumps at most of our tracks and even on a bench test the car slaps the table harder than it does when using stock mugen pistons. maybe it is a placebo efffect? i have been running stock mugen pistons for the past 4 race meets now and i can honestly say the fioronis did not make me faster...unless like i say - maybe im using them wrong?

this is why i feel there should be more info on people's setup on this thread since most people run in different temps, different altitudes, different track conditions and we need averages rather than banal claims of 5-10Wt less.

1: WHAT CAR DO YOU RUN THESE IN?
2: WHAT WAS YOUR OIL SETUP WITH STOCK PISTONS?
3: WHAT IS YOUR NEW OIL SETUP WITH FIORONI PISTONS?

this way anyone who has issues or questions can go through the posts and determine an avarage decrease in viscosity(or increase for that matter)for themselves...because imho just claiming going lighter 5-10Wt doesnt say sh...t

pleas guys, thanks
Old 06-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
after going through this thread again, there are several questions but not alot of feedback about oil viscosities before and afters. to be honest, i think it might be more helpfull if some people could state what oils they were running before the fioroni's and what oils they are running with the fioroni's at present.

i personally did not see a huge difference but maybe that is because im doing something wrong. On my Mugen mbx6R i run 450/400 with the stock pistons so i tried the Fioronis with 400/350. they did not make the car any better imo. unless someone here states that i should try going even further down on oil i dont know. we have large jumps at most of our tracks and even on a bench test the car slaps the table harder than it does when using stock mugen pistons. maybe it is a placebo efffect? i have been running stock mugen pistons for the past 4 race meets now and i can honestly say the fioronis did not make me faster...unless like i say - maybe im using them wrong?

this is why i feel there should be more info on people's setup on this thread since most people run in different temps, different altitudes, different track conditions and we need averages rather than banal claims of 5-10Wt less.

this way anyone who has issues or questions can go through the posts and determine an avarage decrease in viscosity(or increase for that matter)for themselves...because imho just claiming going lighter 5-10Wt doesnt say sh...t

pleas guys, thanks
Great idea.

WI
xb9 buggy
stock xb9 pistons I was running 50frt 45rear 60 degree temps
fioroni I went to 42.5frt 37.5rear.

I don't notice to much of a difference. Honestly when you push down on the rear of the buggy it takes FOREVER to set back into "position".

Again, maybe I'm doing something wrong?! I'd also like some feedback by people using these...
Old 06-15-2012, 02:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have the pistons to the same spec as the Fioroni pistons in my 808 11 and went from 45wt f&r to 40wt f&r, obvoiusly not sure if mine work any different to the fioroni but are pretty much exact spec. If find them awesome on a track that is on the smoother side and with high traction, feels really planted after jumps, doesnt get as unsettled on rhythm sections, can be alot more agressive with my driving and get on power much earlier but if its rutted/bumpy i really struggled with the dual action pistons, bacically too stiff, seems to get too much pack, drop down in oil weight to about 35wt helped but in my opinion there not suited to rough bumpy track. The Fioroni pistons/ mine have 1.4mm holes x6, I opend 3 of them out to 1.5mm which did give me a bit better feel.
My pistions are definately noticable on the bench and drop test, much firmer and much less chassis slap than my std pistons I used and very obvious on the track. Sofar since using the new pistons my lap times have dropped 3sec.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

First question I would ask is are you guys running the pistons in the correct orientation: the large holes facing up towards cap, small holes down? Reason I ask is because someone mentioned it taking forever for the buggy to rise back up after compression. If these pistons are run with the small holes facing up then, the rebound will be slower. I personally tried several different shock setups (including different band pistons). What I ended up with was M2C racing 1.3 tapered hole pistons for the hot bodies D8 w/ blue-greys all around, 40wt. Frt and 35wt. Rr Losi fluids. This felt great, I just rebuilt the shocks using the fioroni pistons 37.5 frt and 32.5 rr and they feel awesome. Although I have not tried them on the track yet, on the bench they're the best they have felt.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I run the mbx6r I have the 1mm hubs front 2 mm rear hubs.

35 losi
30 losi

I also, run the new springs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 06-15-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

i personally did not see a huge difference but maybe that is because im doing something wrong. On my Mugen mbx6R i run 450/400 with the stock pistons so i tried the Fioronis with 400/350. they did not make the car any better imo. unless someone here states that i should try going even further down on oil i dont know. we have large jumps at most of our tracks and even on a bench test the car slaps the table harder than it does when using stock mugen pistons. maybe it is a placebo efffect? i have been running stock mugen pistons for the past 4 race meets now and i can honestly say the fioronis did not make me faster...unless like i say - maybe im using them wrong?1

_
pleas guys, thanks

see
Attached Thumbnails Fioroni Duel Action Pistons-sc20120615-094257-1046617786.png   Fioroni Duel Action Pistons-sc20120615-094316-653205195.png   Fioroni Duel Action Pistons-sc20120615-0944011439134300.png   Fioroni Duel Action Pistons-sc20120615-0946411220324084.png   Fioroni Duel Action Pistons-sc20120615-094651-843626897.png  

Old 06-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Wat is that app? is it free?
Old 06-15-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

pleas guys, thanks
Hey bud, i'm running 450/400 front-rear with the Fiorinis on my 6R USA Spec. Before was 400/350 front-rear. One thing I did notice was some chassis slap when landing in the flat areas instead of backsiding a jump, the next step is to change from the stock bladders and neutral rebound to the Serpent honeycomb bladders and full rebound and see how that goes. If that doesn't give me the damping action i'm looking for ill go back to the stock bladders and 500/450 front-rear on the oils.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by av4625
Wat is that app? is it free?

http://calcrc.com/
Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

cool app that, pitty its not for iOS too. Keep it up guys..if we can get 2 or 3 pages of proper feedback this thread will become way more valuable than it is at present
Old 06-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Also I use HOTBODIES shock bladders. I forgot about that.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slider30250
to the Serpent honeycomb bladders and full rebound and see how that goes.
Re: the Serpent honeycombed bladders.

What are the honeycombs supposed to do? I have a set of these that I got for free but have no idea of the theory behind them.

Can you explain?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TX_Punisher
Re: the Serpent honeycombed bladders.

What are the honeycombs supposed to do? I have a set of these that I got for free but have no idea of the theory behind them.

Can you explain?

Thanks
I use them due to the fact they are pretty stiff. I honestly don't see wearing out a set of them ever. I can setup the shocks with rebound where the stock bladders are too thin to handle it. The Mugen bladders will collapse if you try to setup the shocks with rebound.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just listed a set of these 16mm pistons in the for sale section:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-16mm-4-a.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.