Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are different cars made?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Maximo
All the world governments need to do is put tariffs on Chinese products.......sure we wont be getting cheap goods anymore...but it will stop the decimation of our manufacturing sector........ Thi whole global free trade has absolutely killed us North Americans IMHO...... yes we have tons of cheap crappy Chinese products...but wont be long till we have no jobs to be able to afford them......... tariff the snot out of Chinese products is the only answer IMHO..equalize things a little bit ! why give a country like China open doors to our economy ?
bro if the usa did that china would call back its debt and the usa would be back in the stone age .... and bankruped .... china owns part of the usa now .. thats just life and thats the gov's fault for getting in debt plain and simple.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrozilla
china is our largest dept holder. we owe them over $1 trillion. what your proposing is like me telling my boss that i am giving myself a raise. the man with the deepest pockets runs the town.though much more complicated , its not that much different when it comes to global politics.
i was thinking about this the other day actually, when someone brought up stimulus checks and how the idea is for us to spend the money and help the economy but who gains from that more, our economy or china
I am Canadian ! China doesn't own us !

I would rather see China stay a 3rd world country if it means North American remaining 1st world......... nothing against China, but I'll take us over them any day......The way things are going now, it wont be long till North America will not longer be able to afford Chinese products...our economy seems to be collapsing faster then theirs is growing...so it may not be long till we will be forced to start producing again......either way, our politicians really messed up with the global free trade garbage if you ask me...... Tariff the snot out of Chinese products now before its too late is all I have to say ! I could care less if China likes it or not, we are talking the survival of our very culture here........
Old 01-25-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sly6t
bro if the usa did that china would call back its debt and the usa would be back in the stone age .... and bankruped .... china owns part of the usa now .. thats just life and thats the gov's fault for getting in debt plain and simple.

tell them to eat it..if they don't like it tough nuts ! in the end China is going to call that dept anyways..so better to deal with it now IMO>.its not going to get any better unless some serious changes are made.. in 20 years USA will be a slave country to China's booming economy......the tables will turn and the cycle will reverse..... I mean seriously, how else is it going to end ? myself I will be happy to see the end of the Walmart era...
Old 01-25-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

"tell them to eat it"

mate its not that simple ... tell me this ... what would the usa do if the atms stopped spitting out money and the banks had none to give ??? all your savings were gone ???? the country would be a f'ing ROIT!!!!! and people would run a muck and the place would be a war zone ... think about it ...
Old 01-25-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The problem with tariffs. We impose them on them, they do the same to us. The US sells a LOT of construction and manufacturing equipment to China. That business would dissolve overnight.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Max,

If I remember my Economics 101 correctly, in a perfectly free market the price of a commodity (gasoline for our sake of argument) will be determined by supply and demand. But the real world situation is otherwise, petroleum price is controlled by a cartel (OPEC) which is not entirely friendly to America, they control majority of the supply and since we all are hopelessly dependent on it, demand for the product is guaranteed, thus they (OPEC) can manipulate the price and sell it at any price they wanted.

Now, back to the regulations as you mentioned. One might ask why are the current regulations so unfavorable for manufacturers? It doesn't make sense to design, prototype and manufacture a products that earn you little or no money right? From a manufacturer point of view, the cost of doing business in America is way too high (high pays, Unionized work force, stringent environmental laws, etc), and someone mentioned here the shareholders would like to see profit to grow year in year out, so how is that possible when you cost also grow higher and higher (pay increase, aging work force, taxes)? This is where countries such as China, India, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand comes in with their relatively cheaper work force and much business friendlier governments come in. Some of the incentives given by these Governments are so damn good, it will make no business sense not taking up their offers! While the decision to shift manufacturing jobs overseas make good business sense it doesn't make a good social sense. But company got to do what they got to do and present a good report to their shareholders, EARNING MORE MONEY is more important than people losing their jobs!

I don't think any Government in the world intentionally creating obstacles for economic growth unless you are North Korea. Regulations are there to protect and safe guard its citizens' interest. With Regulations, you have a safer and cleaner working environment, job security, good working conditions, minimum wages, regular working hours, etc.

In theory, the Government can reduce or even remove all these Regulations/Protections to make it easier for the manufacturers but are you (as a citizen Joe Regular) willing to sacrifice what you have now? Again, will you willing to sacrifice safer working environment, job security, good working conditions, minimum wages, regular working hours which in turn sacrifice your quality of life, social welfare and all the frills of a developed economy? All those people in the developing countries that I mentioned above are sacrificing all that for progress. Can the Americans do the same? If yes, then the Country will be ok! No pain no gain and there is no free lunch in this world, if you think it is free, somehow, somewhere and someone is paying for it one way or another.

Originally Posted by maxflo777
If I understand correctly that is not what Maximo said, what he said is to put extra taxes on china stuff, so people choose to not buy it and the local manufacturers flourish.

Ganymede, I don't know if Im right, but I have the impression that you are not seeing the root of the problem, for example, if the government, through EPA and trade laws regulates the oil business to death, (like most other business, just ask AE, Losi, Traxxas, etc.), the laws of supply and demand that the free market follows will make sure that there's no cheap gas! this applies to everything else we have to buy, if regulation makes you buy extra stuff when manufacturing a product, or does not let you manufacture it a certain way, or make you pay fees to manufacture it a certain way etc etc etc. prices will go up substantially, its common sense.

Again, whats the deal of going through the hassle of going to college 4 ~ 8 years, being a professional, burn your butt to manufacture a product for no money? when the government finally gets out of the way of the entrepreneur, the country will be ok again.

And anything the feds provides to the people that do not work has to be paid by the people who work so its stealing, that's basically a definition.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

I would rather see China stay a 3rd world country if it means North American remaining 1st world......... nothing against China, but I'll take us over them any day......The way things are going now, it wont be long till North America will not longer be able to afford Chinese products...our economy seems to be collapsing faster then theirs is growing...so it may not be long till we will be forced to start producing again......either way, our politicians really messed up with the global free trade garbage if you ask me...... Tariff the snot out of Chinese products now before its too late is all I have to say ! I could care less if China likes it or not, we are talking the survival of our very culture here........
The Canadian economy is highly dependent on the US, if US fail Canada will be in deep trouble. I am afraid if Canada is involved in a Trade War with China, Canada will be on the losing end.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

If you may, I want to add that whatever the Feds provides that does not work for you and me might work on someone else, with 300 millions populations, there is no single silver bullet for the complex issues that are facing all Americans. I am sure any sane Government will do what is best for the good of the commons rather than the whim and fancy of the few.

To you or me might be stealing, to some it might be god sent...

Originally Posted by maxflo777
And anything the feds provides to the people that do not work has to be paid by the people who work so its stealing, that's basically a definition.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ganymede
The Canadian economy is highly dependent on the US, if US fail Canada will be in deep trouble. I am afraid if Canada is involved in a Trade War with China, Canada will be on the losing end.
Unfortuntely we are all one in the same. We incorporate the same banking system. IMO free trade does poes problems because it lowers the cost of goods at the expense of good paying jobs, which again IMO the latter is better. So what if goods are a little bit more, with your good paying job you and your family will be ok.

High employee wages have nothing to do with the success or failure of small and big businesses alike. Its the cost of money. Its the origins of the US and many other countries national debt. Governments abroad borrow these high priced loans that can almost never be paid back.

Regulations and Safety issues etc are in place to control people. So many thing cost money, bottom line. So i dont think they necessarily care about you, they just dont want to have to give you any money that they borrowed from the reserve on your back. But whatever, the main thing is to try and stick together and work together in unity. Dont let the woes of money divide us.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Prophet

agree and im not canadian
Old 01-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Fiber_Don
Unfortuntely we are all one in the same. We incorporate the same banking system.
Canadian banks are MUCH more regulated than the US....hence why your mortgage and real estate markets are in the shiiter and our are not.

Edit: this thread has gone crazy....haha
Old 01-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyboy
Canadian banks are MUCH more regulated than the US....hence why your mortgage and real estate markets are in the shiiter and our are not.

Edit: this thread has gone crazy....haha
Alittle bit but thats okay, I think I got what I was looking for anyways.
I think Ill go with XRAY for 2011 and maybe a Novarossi system.

I dont think Im going to get myself into the political debate all too much, everyone are entitled to their own oppinions and I just dont like chinese products and I really dont like why companies are moving their production to china. Theyre selfishly killing our own industries just to make an extra buck.

And also btw as a sidenote. Reason why I dont want to run Kyosho is because there is no reasonable way to justify the insane prices they put on their cars.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lilja
Alittle bit but thats okay, I think I got what I was looking for anyways.
I think Ill go with XRAY for 2011 and maybe a Novarossi system.

I dont think Im going to get myself into the political debate all too much, everyone are entitled to their own oppinions and I just dont like chinese products and I really dont like why companies are moving their production to china. Theyre selfishly killing our own industries just to make an extra buck.

And also btw as a sidenote. Reason why I dont want to run Kyosho is because there is no reasonable way to justify the insane prices they put on their cars.
John Smith started the day early,
having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 am.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking,
he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG),
and put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA),
designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and
tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).

After cooking his breakfast in his new
electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA),
he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO),
to see how much he could spend today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN)
to the radio (MADE IN INDIA),
he got in his car (MADE IN JAPAN),
filled it with GAS (from SAUDIA ARABIA)
to continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day
checking his Computer (made in MALAYSIA),
John decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL),
poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE)
and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA),

and then wondered why he can't find
a good paying job in AMERICA.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Thats because he didn't think about selling those products to other Americans or better yet, get into a business that isn't necessarily a hard good. I know plenty of doctors, lawyers, insurance agents, mechanics, waitresses, installers, computer guys, actors, athletes, farmers, etc... who make a good to great living.

It is obvious we need to manufacture things, but we sell things to people outside of the US also such as movies, programs, policies, food, etc.... so technically that isn't relevant.

Personally I have no idea how someone can say it is fine to buy things from Italy or Japan, but not China? If it serves the purpose and the quality is there, who cares?

Ultimately, we need to create things that China wants but cannot duplicate if we want the tide to come back our way.

I just saw that we are selling more GM cars in China than in the US right now. That is a good thing.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
The problem with tariffs. We impose them on them, they do the same to us. The US sells a LOT of construction and manufacturing equipment to China. That business would dissolve overnight.
AND WHAT ARE THE TARRIFF LEVELS ON USA MADE PRODUCTS GOING INTO CHINA????

IT IS F@#KING CRAZY TO THINK THAT THERE ARE EQUAL TRADING TARIFFS, MOST PRODUCTS ARE TAXED ~40 TO 50% GOING IN TO CHINA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.