Wiki Posts
Search

Where are different cars made?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxflo777
Ganymede, about the things you said! ...wellfair, health care, and the rest of the zillions of dollars that are collected in taxes - presicely this is what I'm talking about, that is the government squeezing the private sector on its throat, government has no business in health care, sorry, but no business, wellfair, to me that simply stealing - you talking lazy? the rest of the entittlements, I mean, there's not enough space to write them in here,
sub prime mortgage crisis, Lehman Brothers, Fannie Mae, AIG its all part of the same, those were "private" entities that had all the liberties the rest of the real privatesector didnt had.
Whether the Feds should pick up the tab on health care or not? That's a great debate by itself there. On the plus side, the poor can afford reasonable healthcare, on the negative side it is subjected to abuse.

On whether the Feds should use people money to bail out private companies for the sake of the Nation? That is also another great debate by itself but as what Mcion has mentioned, the advantages of it might outweigh the disadvantages provided the due diligences are done properly.

And I dont have a gas guzzler, I dont want to pay for the gas, but what if I wanted one? the government or the neighbore or china or Oprah or anyone has absolutely nothing to do with that! I mean what rc car you have? what engine? what radio? now if I have an mp9 with a 4pk and an os speed ($$$) im literally wrong? man, I buy whatever the hell I want to buy and when ever, its not that they owner of the gas guzzler is not paying for the gas and the truck, he is paying for the gas and the truck with his work, if the guy wants to give himself the luxury to drive an 18 wheeler to work well thats his deal not mine.
Absolutely! You buy/use what you want and can afford but mind you there are hidden cost involved here. To maintain, say $4.00 for a gallon of gasoline, you need pump in money to safe guard the stability of a certain region i.e. Middle East. All we see is the pump price of $4.00 a gallon, but the social and other hidden cost are hidden! So, who is paying those hidden cost? Taxpayers via the Feds of course!

In addition, the term "greedy americans" I also have to take it with a grain of salt they really are not that many, how many CEOs can a company have? how many billionares can the whole country have? 20? 40? that's pocket change when you compare it to the amount of money that the whole contry's government handles, and by handles I mean steals and wastes.
I use the terms greedy Americans because people want it all and don't want to pay for it, they package the debts nicely and sell it around the world. One fine day people woke up suddenly and realized they are not in Wonderland anymore! All hell broke loose after that, the rest is today's reality...

So, what does all these got to do with anti-China movement? People are people, it is easier to blame it on others than to realize it is their own faults. While China picked up what others left behind and charging forward, America is still playing the blame game and falling behind...

If this is a buggy race and I am Team China, I will be happy to see Team America bickering among themselves while I pass them for the Nth times!

Last edited by ganymede; 01-24-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

at least my Harley is still made in the good ol USA.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ganymede
On the bottom of the chassis you will find the following words:

Proudly Made in the USA
Financed by CHINA

Lol!
It's when it's on ya pay cheques ya need to worry, lol.

China is having it's day. It will all end and move on to India or Russia next.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by burgerchow
Amen to that!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Are you sure???

Assembled in the USA is different to made in the USA. I'll guarantee there are some Chinese parts on ya beloved machine!!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Flipfly
It's when it's on ya pay cheques ya need to worry, lol.

China is having it's day. It will all end and move on to India or Russia next.
That's inevitable, as Q (Star Trek TNG) said: "All good things must come to an end!".

More importantly, how do you move forward after you reach the end and start a new beginning...
Old 01-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

I think I just said Amen a bit too early...

Harley Davidson products made in China

Harley Davidson Products Made in China & Taiwan

From HD Forum: I guess we all ride a rice burner after all.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Flipfly
Are you sure???

Assembled in the USA is different to made in the USA. I'll guarantee there are some Chinese parts on ya beloved machine!!
I don't care if some of the shiny chrome parts are made in asia, as long as it keeps the price ticket down. I know the engines and frames are all made in Milwaukee . I'm know for a fact that the brembo brakes are probably made in China. Who cares? They're the best brakes available on the market, used by all high end performance bikes and cars as well.
Like I said in my previous posts, as long as the quality control meets the standards of the brand designs, who cares?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

It's all leading to a one world govement system. While I'm not a preacher and never claim to be, the Bible tells us about the end days.
The finacial fall of all nations will bring them together, as they really don't see any way out of the failed economics.
While this could be years away, it is and will come. Once in place, the Anti-Christ will control it all.
So, get right, live right and enjoy life one day at a time.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All the world governments need to do is put tariffs on Chinese products.......sure we wont be getting cheap goods anymore...but it will stop the decimation of our manufacturing sector........ Thi whole global free trade has absolutely killed us North Americans IMHO...... yes we have tons of cheap crappy Chinese products...but wont be long till we have no jobs to be able to afford them......... tariff the snot out of Chinese products is the only answer IMHO..equalize things a little bit ! why give a country like China open doors to our economy ?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm know for a fact that the brembo brakes are probably made in China. Who cares? They're the best brakes available on the market, used by all high end performance bikes and cars as well.
Maybe maybe not. Brembo is an Italian company but has pretty much gone global. They have production facilities in 12 countries, including the US so it's entirely possible that they are made here.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
All the world governments need to do is put tariffs on Chinese products.......sure we wont be getting cheap goods anymore...but it will stop the decimation of our manufacturing sector........ Thi whole global free trade has absolutely killed us North Americans IMHO...... yes we have tons of cheap crappy Chinese products...but wont be long till we have no jobs to be able to afford them......... tariff the snot out of Chinese products is the only answer IMHO..equalize things a little bit ! why give a country like China open doors to our economy ?
china is our largest dept holder. we owe them over $1 trillion. what your proposing is like me telling my boss that i am giving myself a raise. the man with the deepest pockets runs the town.though much more complicated , its not that much different when it comes to global politics.
i was thinking about this the other day actually, when someone brought up stimulus checks and how the idea is for us to spend the money and help the economy but who gains from that more, our economy or china
Old 01-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpas
MIP is in California, how does he make drive shafts that sell for the same price as others made in Asia?
MIP headquarters may be in Cali, but They have never answered my emails about how much it costs to get tools reground.

I just seen they are 15.00 dollars to get them retipped, which is the cost of a new wrench.(thought they used to be 8.00 dollars for retip)

http://www.miponline.com/store/media...2s-Drivers.jpg
Old 01-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It was $8 before. Man $15 sux but they are still the best drivers on the planet.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitrozilla
china is our largest dept holder. we owe them over $1 trillion. what your proposing is like me telling my boss that i am giving myself a raise. the man with the deepest pockets runs the town.though much more complicated , its not that much different when it comes to global politics.
i was thinking about this the other day actually, when someone brought up stimulus checks and how the idea is for us to spend the money and help the economy but who gains from that more, our economy or china
If I understand correctly that is not what Maximo said, what he said is to put extra taxes on china stuff, so people choose to not buy it and the local manufacturers flourish.

Ganymede, I don't know if Im right, but I have the impression that you are not seeing the root of the problem, for example, if the government, through EPA and trade laws regulates the oil business to death, (like most other business, just ask AE, Losi, Traxxas, etc.), the laws of supply and demand that the free market follows will make sure that there's no cheap gas! this applies to everything else we have to buy, if regulation makes you buy extra stuff when manufacturing a product, or does not let you manufacture it a certain way, or make you pay fees to manufacture it a certain way etc etc etc. prices will go up substantially, its common sense.

Again, whats the deal of going through the hassle of going to college 4 ~ 8 years, being a professional, burn your butt to manufacture a product for no money? when the government finally gets out of the way of the entrepreneur, the country will be ok again.

And anything the feds provides to the people that do not work has to be paid by the people who work so its stealing, that's basically a definition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.