Worlds DVD - LiveRC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worlds DVD - LiveRC

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

I don't have an issue with a little waiting....

i think people expecting their posts in here to be answered immediately have to realize that unfortunately the world doesnt revolve around rctech!!

i have emailed eric directly on 2 occaisions and he responded back both times within in 24hrs, not bad for a 2 man crew!

will be good to see these new hoodies and shirts

Mike
Old 02-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow, you people are really annoying. If you're that upset, the best thing you can do is not purchase the product. And stop complaining so much. This situation perfectly expresses the fact that, people in this hobby sometimes forget that it is still(and probably/hopefully will remain as such) a niche market and, as such, products will not be propagated and released with the same lightning speed that you've come to expect from useless fad items that we're surrounded by in our daily lives such as iPods and Apple products in general, fashion, cosmetics, etc. etc.

RC Racing products very often rely on peoples' passion for the product, in contrast to the fad item where the people making it are often alienated from their product, or acting out of sheer avariciousness. I hate to destroy your dreams, but the LiveRC guys are probably not rolling in benjamins, and more than likely rely on a job outside of this industry or multiple jobs within.

/rant
Old 02-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by we go hard
not impressed. it was the same b/s w 08. its obviouse that the company is growing,so should staff. as of now you have monopoly, your the home depot, but soon lowes is gonna come knockin an then i bet those emails get answered.

I guess it's a good thing I don't own Live R/C, your account would be deleted and your IP would be blocked!!! Get over it or find another site for your live race coverage.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

WOW.....i have question for all of you that are so understanding... if your account was to expire the day before the worlds... woudl you think live rc would give you a pass for being so loyal for the past 4 years...

dont think so hard... the answer is NO....

now i do understand things take time.... but i guarantee you if people waited to buy the DVD when it is released and not pre-ordered .. they would not purchase it again... after waiting this long... they did a good thing by offering a pre-order and people jumped on it.... then give the respect to those people that jumped on it.. i have emails that say it was to be shipped out the end of december... then no later than January 20th... then no later than this week end which i think is Feb. 11th...

the fact is you want the customer to pay on time right... then deliver or give a little update to pre-order customers... im sure there is a little data base of those orders.. then just send out a mass email to those guys/gals... then guess what all this would not be happening...

not bashing just being as calm as i can be and saying it as i see it... let the bash begin...

Chris your comment was just dumb but it is funny... ...

I will continue to be and Live RC supporter and probably buy the DVD everytime it comes out.. but all people want is a little courtesy.. and they are allowed to voice their thoughts on a situation... so let it be...

it is what it is...

Last edited by kgombe; 02-08-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kgombe
WOW.....i have question for all of you that are so understanding... if your account was to expire the day before the worlds... woudl you think live rc would give you a pass for being so loyal for the past 4 years...

dont think so hard... the answer is NO....

now i do understand things take time.... but i guarantee you if people waited to buy the DVD when it is released and not pre-ordered .. they would not purchase it again... after waiting this long... they did a good thing by offering a pre-order and people jumped on it.... then give the respect to those people that jumped on it.. i have emails that say it was to be shipped out the end of december... then no later than January 20th... then no later than this week end which i think is Feb. 11th...

the fact is you want the customer to pay on time right... then deliver or give a little update to pre-order customers... im sure there is a little data base of those orders.. then just send out a mass email to those guys/gals... then guess what all this would not be happening...

not bashing just being as calm as i can be and saying it as i see it... let the bash begin...

Chris your comment was just dumb but it is funny... ...

I will continue to be and Live RC supporter and probably buy the DVD everytime it comes out.. but all people want is a little courtesy.. and they are allowed to voice their thoughts on a situation... so let it be...

it is what it is...

Dumb or not it's true, the guy has a REAL job like you and I. He provides this live RC for us to be able to watch races all over the world in his extra time because he also loves this hobby like us. He does not run live RC to get rich, and if that's what you think then maybe you need to start your own live scoring site and write your own scoring software to be used by tracks all over the country!!!!

As for the account expiring... That is all automated on the website, if your account date was set to expire over the weekend of the worlds then you should have renewed it IMO.. .Pretty easy.

Like I said, this site is a luxury to us, if it was my site and I saw you people bad mouthing me you would never have an account on my site again. You can stick to reading the results on the news sites 2-5 days after it's over!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Semple
Wow, you people are really annoying. If you're that upset, the best thing you can do is not purchase the product. And stop complaining so much. This situation perfectly expresses the fact that, people in this hobby sometimes forget that it is still(and probably/hopefully will remain as such) a niche market and, as such, products will not be propagated and released with the same lightning speed that you've come to expect from useless fad items that we're surrounded by in our daily lives such as iPods and Apple products in general, fashion, cosmetics, etc. etc.

RC Racing products very often rely on peoples' passion for the product, in contrast to the fad item where the people making it are often alienated from their product, or acting out of sheer avariciousness. I hate to destroy your dreams, but the LiveRC guys are probably not rolling in benjamins, and more than likely rely on a job outside of this industry or multiple jobs within.

/rant
I think you are missing the point, like not even close to realizing it.

I honestly don't think it's the fact of not getting the DVD on time, it's the fact of NO communication whatsoever.

And whether or not the LiveRC guys are "rolling in the benjamins" or not, the bottom line is they offer a product to the public. If being a 2 man show, and super duper busy all the time is always going to be the excuse, then don't offer product to people, what is so complicated about that?

I understand they're busy, as I think everyone here does. If you're that busy to keep the people that PAID you for a DVD informed. Then hire someone SPECIFICALLY for that purpose. I'm more than sure there is someone on RCTech that would jump at the chance to be a part of the LiveRC crew, possibly just in exchange for a free membership
Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
Like I said, this site is a luxury to us, if it was my site and I saw you people bad mouthing me you would never have an account on my site again. You can stick to reading the results on the news sites 2-5 days after it's over!!!
This is why you would probably fail at running any kind of retail/service business. When you are in the retail business, you HAVE to deal with customers. Good and bad. And that type of attitude will eventually drive you out of business.

Again, I think the LiveRC guys do a great job, and completely understand they're busy dudes. That is why i suggest hiring someone for customer relations, because that is the most important thing for a company that sells products or services
Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Dumb or not it's true, the guy has a REAL job like you and I. He provides this live RC for us to be able to watch races all over the world in his extra time because he also loves this hobby like us. He does not run live RC to get rich, and if that's what you think then maybe you need to start your own live scoring site and write your own scoring software to be used by tracks all over the country!!!!

As for the account expiring... That is all automated on the website, if your account date was set to expire over the weekend of the worlds then you should have renewed it IMO.. .Pretty easy.

just like i think its pretty easy to send out an email to PAID customers of the delay or the issues you have going on .. what you think???... if they can setup an automated function to disable your account... then they can send out a bulk email to paying customers... you just proving my point... and its funny how you only choose to respond to certain part of the post and not really see what i'm saying.. COURTESY is not issue... not the delivery time....

seems to be pretty one sided don't you think..

just so you know i have always been a loyal customer and paid my stuff on-time.... so i expect the same respect.... my point just for reference ( as it never happened to me) but you made my point or so clear.. i appreciate it...
Old 02-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

What do you really want from them man? Is crying about it making you feel better? Do you think it's going to make your DVD come sooner?? I too pre paid for a worlds DVD.. Do I have it yet?? No... is the R/C universe going to collapse on it's self because the DVD has not arrived??

I understand you feel you could have received better communication on the issue, but is bad mouthing someone and their company on the internet going to fix things? Nobody is perfect and if you think you are why don't you start up a site of your own for live race coverage and show us all how it's done??
Old 02-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess it's a good thing I don't own Live R/C, your account would be deleted and your IP would be blocked!!! Get over it or find another site for your live race coverage.
+1

i pre-ordered my copy before the worlds was over and as much as i really want to see the dvd in my mail box I understand that these guys are doing us a favor and are they are not espn,or Fox sports there not even kyosho for that matter. from what i understand they are just a couple of guys who love the sport and have the knowhow to make liverc happen.
If i was going to take a guess they only do pre-orders b/c they probably would not be able to do it any other way. They probably cant afford to produce x amount of copies without knowing there going to sell.Again this is a guess but they might even need the pre-order money just to fund the dvd production.
Regardless i would rather have them around and have to be patient then to not have the opportunity to pre-order a dvd that i will have to wait for.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

What do you really want from them man? Is crying about it making you feel better? Do you think it's going to make your DVD come sooner?? I too pre paid for a worlds DVD.. Do I have it yet?? No... is the R/C universe going to collapse on it's self because the DVD has not arrived??

I understand you feel you could have received better communication on the issue, but is bad mouthing someone and their company on the internet going to fix things? Nobody is perfect and if you think you are why don't you start up a site of your own for live race coverage and show us all how it's done??
where did i bad mouth them....

what i want... is proper communication...

they use the internet/forums to get there business out... so if people use that same form to voice their opinions... there is nothing wrong with that...

all your questions are unrealistic reasoning and really missing the point... its all about communication ... and it seems like you only respond to what you want to in someones post...

but i would really want you to show me where i bad mouth Live rc in my posts
Old 02-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I could be wrong, but it looks like Brandon updated everyone on this thread yesterday, here's a link if you need it. Fortunately the world doesn't revolve around RCTech (though some may beg to differ) - so the fact that he came in here and posted an update should say a lot. Seems to me that some are still missing that...

He could always shut down the operation, and we could go back to the days of magazine "coverage" - a 1.5 page article with 4 pictures and top-3 results, 42 months after the fact, wedged between 10 page reviews of the Savage 4.6 and monster truck top-speed tests.

OR, we could count our blessings that some dude from Wisconsin spends his spare time providing a live window for anyone, anywhere, to view the racing side of our little hobby/sport, real time.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

I understand you feel you could have received better communication on the issue, but is bad mouthing someone and their company on the internet going to fix things?
Yes, did you miss a few pages back where we finally got a response?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

chris i can see that your a very understanding person and obviously a advocate for liverc. but its apartent that you have no idea how to run a business.if you owned something and you went around banning customers that had issue with you you would make no money.and what they do isnt free. your responces to people in here are are just plain corny & ignorant, and honestly your just looking for a E fight. so now that ive said my piece show everybody in here how whitty you are with a smart a## responce with how your right. im not going to get involved in a forum argument, i simply wrote 2 sentances and you felt it nessissary to quote me. everyone is entitled to an opinion. obviously we have oposing views.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
That makes no sense..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.