Worlds DVD - LiveRC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worlds DVD - LiveRC

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

oh boy... This thread is going no nowhere...

I've pre-ordered it, I want it but I understand that making a good DVD takes time so I just relax and wait Don't worry be happy
Old 02-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (98%+)

Originally Posted by boomgagem
First off, I didn't say that, someone else did, and I quoted that without using the feature.

No, I'm quite sure they're not riding beamers from the profits of LiveRC. But they do it for money, while that may be pennies on the dollar compared to other companies, it is still for money. And regardless of how much they make from it is a mute point.

They offer products and services to consumers, and in my opinion, that alone makes them responsible for handling customer needs, good or bad.

The point I'm trying to make man is that if they are too busy to respond to customer emails about a product that is been pre ordered, and over it's deliver date, then they should have someone that can handle those requests. That simple.
it time for me to renew to "Team Terribles", you would be my state rep. not impressed...will not renew with "Team Terribles" its a dvd of a race that you all ready know who wins. it will not change, i have watched the 08 dvd 50 times and maifield still flames...
Old 02-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
When you say Monopoly I can't help but think that they must be rakin in the cash and driving BMW's on the money live RC makes for them. Live RC is the only site we have around here to do this, but they did not start Live RC to be a monopoly, they started it as an added bonus for us the racers. They do Live RC because they love the racing like the rest of us and they try to give us a feel of being there. At some point all the negativity and online flaming is going to make them wonder if it's worth their effort. When that day comes they will go back to the racing they love and we will all get to sit and remember how nice it was when we had Live RC.
bro do you work for or with them? are you on payroll ? how do you know why they do anything ? your not a rep for them, you have no affilation with them. your some toolbox from colarado, AND DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY WOULD END A COMPANY BECAUSE WHAT 20 PEOPLE ON A RCTECH FORUM SAY? ive read some of your posts eleswhere and half the things you type make no sense. you have just shown you have no clue what a monopoly is. how about you turn your brain on before you spread your ignorance throught the internet. your in an argument with 3 people in here over THEIR OPINIONS. im not comming back in here to see your rediculose responce so know it will fall on def ears.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by we go hard
bro do you work for or with them? are you on payroll ? how do you know why they do anything ? your not a rep for them, you have no affilation with them. your some toolbox from colarado, AND DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY WOULD END A COMPANY BECAUSE WHAT 20 PEOPLE ON A RCTECH FORUM SAY? ive read some of your posts eleswhere and half the things you type make no sense. you have just shown you have no clue what a monopoly is. how about you turn your brain on before you spread your ignorance throught the internet. your in an argument with 3 people in here over THEIR OPINIONS. im not comming back in here to see your rediculose responce so know it will fall on def ears.
Whoa turbo, before you call someone stupid you should click on the spell check.

I am not affiliated with Live RC in any way. I do appreciate what they do for us tho, where it seems many people take it for granted. I have been to a few big races and watched these guys work, and have seen what it takes for them to make Live RC happen from race to race.

I do apologize that half of my posts on this website make no sense to you.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hello again,

I know there is obviously some frustration with some people on here, and it has been noted. As I said before, we will work on improving email response times in the future. Please understand though, its not that we don't care. It literally comes down to not having enough hours in the day. While we are working non-stop on the DVD, there are also other races that need to be covered in that time frame, along with 45 hours a week at my day job. In December, there was the Spektrum Off-Road Challenge. Then back-to-back weeks in Columbus, OH for the CRCRC races. Then 8 days with driving out to California with our trailer and covering the Reedy Race. There is a fine line in there where we try to judge if our customers want the DVD a week or two earlier, or if they want the live race coverage of all these other races. I think it would be a unanimous decision that everyone wants to see continued coverage of the races at the sacrifice of a slight delay in the DVD release date or lesser customer service. I know that's not the ideal answer, but the other option is getting everyone an email response within 24 hours, but cutting back the number of races we cover.

During busy times of the year, we receive between 200-300 emails per day relating to various things. While we are at the races, we are working non-stop on the race coverage. I know this isn't a good excuse, but I just want you guys to know where we are coming from. We are not ignoring your emails. We just have not got to them yet. To be fair, all emails are answered in the order that they are received. I am getting caught up right now, but it takes time.

As for hiring another person to handle this... yeah, I would love to. But unlike what many people think, LiveRC does not have that kind of budget. Right now, this is still a losing venture being funded out of pocket. I'm willing to do that because I love racing and going to the races. Each year the hit gets smaller, but its still a big hit. For the worlds, we took a huge chance to fly out 7 people on our crew, pay for hotel rooms, salaries, food, we got all new equipment to bring instant replay and other features to our broadcast, and we beefed up our server farm to over a dozen servers to handle the load so we had no website crashes like in 2008. Additionally, we did have extra crew members here so I could focus solely on emails during the event, and I think everyone can agree that during the worlds, all emails were answered in less than 2 hours. Overall, the broadcast went pretty flawless, but when all was said and done, I could have drove a brand new Kia off a cliff instead.

Again, we apologize for any delays like I said before, and we will always try to find ways to improve on things in the future. However I really don't know what more you guys want me to say. I have pretty thick skin and realize that some of this comes with the territory, but this is getting a little ridiculous and its starting to get more personal. I don't ever come on RCTech; frankly because I don't have time to read through forum posts. In this case, someone told me I should come on here because people were asking what's up, so I did. If you still have additional questions, feel free to email me and I WILL respond, but just give me some time to get to it.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde
Hello again,

I know there is obviously some frustration with some people on here, and it has been noted. As I said before, we will work on improving email response times in the future. Please understand though, its not that we don't care. It literally comes down to not having enough hours in the day. While we are working non-stop on the DVD, there are also other races that need to be covered in that time frame, along with 45 hours a week at my day job. In December, there was the Spektrum Off-Road Challenge. Then back-to-back weeks in Columbus, OH for the CRCRC races. Then 8 days with driving out to California with our trailer and covering the Reedy Race. There is a fine line in there where we try to judge if our customers want the DVD a week or two earlier, or if they want the live race coverage of all these other races. I think it would be a unanimous decision that everyone wants to see continued coverage of the races at the sacrifice of a slight delay in the DVD release date or lesser customer service. I know that's not the ideal answer, but the other option is getting everyone an email response within 24 hours, but cutting back the number of races we cover.

During busy times of the year, we receive between 200-300 emails per day relating to various things. While we are at the races, we are working non-stop on the race coverage. I know this isn't a good excuse, but I just want you guys to know where we are coming from. We are not ignoring your emails. We just have not got to them yet. To be fair, all emails are answered in the order that they are received. I am getting caught up right now, but it takes time.

As for hiring another person to handle this... yeah, I would love to. But unlike what many people think, LiveRC does not have that kind of budget. Right now, this is still a losing venture being funded out of pocket. I'm willing to do that because I love racing and going to the races. Each year the hit gets smaller, but its still a big hit. For the worlds, we took a huge chance to fly out 7 people on our crew, pay for hotel rooms, salaries, food, we got all new equipment to bring instant replay and other features to our broadcast, and we beefed up our server farm to over a dozen servers to handle the load so we had no website crashes like in 2008. Additionally, we did have extra crew members here so I could focus solely on emails during the event, and I think everyone can agree that during the worlds, all emails were answered in less than 2 hours. Overall, the broadcast went pretty flawless, but when all was said and done, I could have drove a brand new Kia off a cliff instead.

Again, we apologize for any delays like I said before, and we will always try to find ways to improve on things in the future. However I really don't know what more you guys want me to say. I have pretty thick skin and realize that some of this comes with the territory, but this is getting a little ridiculous and its starting to get more personal. I don't ever come on RCTech; frankly because I don't have time to read through forum posts. In this case, someone told me I should come on here because people were asking what's up, so I did. If you still have additional questions, feel free to email me and I WILL respond, but just give me some time to get to it.
appreciated.. is it still on to be shipped out end of week????
Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kgombe
appreciated.. is it still on to be shipped out end of week????
Yes. We have the DVD's ready. We are just awaiting the final printed packaging to arrive.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Yes. We have the DVD's ready. We are just awaiting the final printed packaging to arrive.
ok cool.. will we get an email saying it is shipped??? you know like those generated from paypal!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kgombe
ok cool.. will we get an email saying it is shipped??? you know like those generated from paypal!!!
If your shipping address matches what you have in PayPal, yes. If you emailed me with a different address, then it won't come from PayPal. It will take about 2-3 days to get all the pre-orders shipped out. I will post on here once everything is shipped.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

If your shipping address matches what you have in PayPal, yes. If you emailed me with a different address, then it won't come from PayPal. It will take about 2-3 days to get all the pre-orders shipped out. I will post on here once everything is shipped.
ok good... i will look out for email in the next couple of weeks
Old 02-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

P.LOWERY - My involvement with Team Terribles has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, and honestly have no idea what would possess you to even mention that. I sent you a PM so we can continue that conversation elsewhere.

Brandon - Although my posts may seem otherwise, I GREATLY appreciate what you guys do for RC Racing. There really is no words to describe how awesome you guys are. The only reason I posted anything was because I feel people have a right to be upset when they pay for something, don't receive it, and can't get any answers by E-Mail. I know how busy you guys are, and I know it's nearly an impossible task to juggle everything.

I would be more than willing to offer any help I can in customer relations. I wouldn't ask for anything in return. If I can help you in any way, please feel free to PM me.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

I didnt pre order, were can I order one? live rc?
Old 02-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Is this where I can order a BCE chassis?

J/K
Old 02-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rokitman
I didnt pre order, were can I order one? live rc?
You can pre-order for the discounted rate before Friday at:

http://www.liverc.com/store/
Old 02-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

boomgageman> Yeah, I understand where you are coming from, trust me. I know how frustrating it can be not getting a response, and I feel for you guys. But as hard as I try, there is a point where there physically just isn't enough time in a day. Once things get settled in here, I will work on setting up a trouble ticket system where we can hopefully have a couple different people help out in return for some free memberships and stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.