Search

ROAR GIVES SOME PRO DRIVER A WARNING OF SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
Having known both Ryan and Kendall,

I find it hard to believe that they didn't try to correct the situation when it presented itself at the time. As referenced by Kendall's own words that would seem to be the case. I am a bit perplexed by the public notification. Albeit ROAR dod not name any names, still it would seem to have been better off to adress the sitaution differently. I had no idea such a rule was in the rule book so I guess I learned something here. Not that I have anything to worry about, I highly doubt I'll find myself in a sitaution that knowing that rule will save me.
James , if you don't sleep thru your mains you might get there !! LOL !! sorry couldn't help myself !! LOL !!
Old 12-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ryan,

My apologies if I have offended your good self and the other racers concerned. If ROAR gave the order to go ahead with the procession without the official t-shirt and yet still penalize you guys, then ROAR owes you all an explanation.

Again, please accept my apologies.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
Jersey, lol!
there u go, lol. great comparison tho, Newark NJ can be..........quite interesting, lol
Newark gets my vote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Sleeping Through Mains

Naaaa. I've seen him. He's not sleeping. He's busy thinking which engine will be his next purchase and what will be his next seasons paint scheme.

LOL..

Hey buddy.

It's Evil..
Old 12-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking T-Shirt

Kendall Bennett - Great response.

I believe, knowing there is a large event coming up, and knowing people are human, everyone should have to fork over an extra 15 bucks for a t-shirt.

These extra shirts would be brought to the event by the person(s) coordinating the team and what needs to be in place for the team.

Every team member is responsible to bring their shirt, but, in the event, they don't have one, an extra will be there at the racers expense. (Come on, for the amount of money these driver are getting paid, $15.00 dollars extra isn't going to hurt the bank)

If I were racing, Man, I would copied the T-shirt and made myself extras to be able to wear during the entire event. I see it as a 1 to 3 times you might be at this kind of event.

Gees.. If I knew I were going, that would have been on my back when I got off the plane.

If a warning was given in advance, then, as a driver, you were warned and if you don't follow the guidelines, a slap on the wrist is in order.

I still think this is like going to the Olympics. Every country has their own colors and their own scheme. Wear it or don't be in the procession.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
The pink underwear comment that PitPop made is being taken out of context. There was actually one of our guys that was parading around in some pink boxes that matched his paint job at the start of the walk lol so he is just being sarcastic.
that would have been Taylor Peterson , good friend , local racer , mugen driver and he placed 13th
Old 12-08-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Racer 103,

Who might you be? If you know who I am then I probably know you, just don't know the screen name.

Evil,

You are here almost as much as I am.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What I find interesting is if this tshirt thing was so important to ROAR why did none of the drivers for the 1/12 and 1/10 tc worlds in germany this year receive a tshirt for the opening ceremonies?

Also ROAR says they are representing our country by doing this, did they forget Canada is also in ROAR? For the worlds there is usually a Canada picture and USA picture.

The pictures are so bad you cant even tell what it says on he shirts, why not just wear a one color shirt so everyone looks the same and have a usa and roar banner.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
What I find interesting is if this tshirt thing was so important to ROAR why did none of the drivers for the 1/12 and 1/10 tc worlds in germany this year receive a tshirt for the opening ceremonies?

Also ROAR says they are representing our country by doing this, did they forget Canada is also in ROAR? For the worlds there is usually a Canada picture and USA picture.

The pictures are so bad you cant even tell what it says on he shirts, why not just wear a one color shirt so everyone looks the same and have a usa and roar banner.
Finally some sense
Old 12-09-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikey-B
this thread should have closed after this post, nice job ghost....... +100
*takes bow* Thank you Mikey.

Originally Posted by ganymede
As I said, you join ROAR and not ROAR join you. Did ROAR point a gun to ask anyone to join?

If the sponsor feels that it is unfair that their racers have to wear ROAR official t-shirt rather than their sponsor's t-shirt, they can always put up a protest. If all else fails, the sponsors can organize their own World Championship event and no one is barring them to do so.

FYI, just like FIA, ROAR is the governing body and not some sponsor, you pay your membership fee to them and they are not (AFAIK) backing any team financially. If you or any team feels that's unfair, please don't join, as simple as that.
I am not a ROAR member, and since i am not as Fast as Ryan Lutz, i won't ever have to worry about being a Roar member.

With these childish stunts by ROAR outing people for something that should have been handled with a simple phone call or email is ridiculous!

Had the ROAR Officials checked with the Team manager and ROAR Czar at the race they would have known that the drivers were asked to attend the ceremony and disregard the rule book. So now ROAR is in violation of its own rules........ When do we get to hear about the probation of the offending ROAR official to make this equal for everyone involved??

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
Here is my problem with what a few of you are now mentioning. I for one would have Happily sat out of the opening ceremony knowing I didn't get my shirt for whatever reason. (I found out the reason tonight that it was sent to my old address, I thought it was updated but I was wrong so it is my fault that I didn't receive them, (Though I did have a forward on my address)). However with that being said I would have sat out but was told by the ROAR Team Manager that he wanted all of us to walk anyways. In reading his comments he also spoke with the ROAR referee at the event who also parroted those remarks. So when we had people who were put in power for the Worlds event to represent ROAR and they told us they wanted us to walk, how is it fair for it to be turned around and made into a public spectacle?
I can't believe you have even bothered to reply to this drivel. Ryan, anyone that knows you knows that you aren't a Rule breaking Rebel. You are one of the class acts of the sport, i hate to say that apparently ROAR isn't quite up to that standard in this situation. ROAR=Classless and I am saying that as nice as possible!

I do hope someone at ROAR is reading and isn't too proud to take constructive criticism!

Originally Posted by uncle everett
I'm guessing there is more racing without roar than with?

I don't know one track that uses roar insurance.

I've joined them that is correct. I'm just not sure why? To run the Nationals? Easily replaced.
I totally agree, in my other thread about this i mentioned that no track in my area is ROAR as far as i know. Something like 30+ tracks. I guess they need to reinvent themselves to make it more attractive to the local track.

I haven't joined, and won't.

Originally Posted by merdith6
Jut in case something comes up, and always does, ROAR could bring a box of shirts to the race. Problem solved, whew, that was a tough one.
I think the Team USA manager mentioned this, a great solution!

Originally Posted by ganymede
Ryan,

My apologies if I have offended your good self and the other racers concerned. If ROAR gave the order to go ahead with the procession without the official t-shirt and yet still penalize you guys, then ROAR owes you all an explanation.

Again, please accept my apologies.
Your stock is going up! Good man!

WOW , great points! Can somebody at ROAR respond to this??

Oh and can people put their names in Sig blocks, sorry its my pet peeve to know who i am actually talking too. I don't like this whole anonymous stuff
Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

although I'm a little surprised about the public spectacle, I can say that I would not have gone out in the parade without the required shirt... I also would consider it my responsibility to have a shirt... in 2008 we forgot the shirts and had someone drive to our house, get the shirts, and drive to the airport to deliver them to me. Almost missed the flight.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm in South Dakota, so of course I won't be seeing ROAR anytime soon!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by uncle everett
I'm guessing there is more racing without roar than with?

I don't know one track that uses roar insurance.

I've joined them that is correct. I'm just not sure why? To run the Nationals? Easily replaced.
Every manufacturer builds their cars (and many other components) using ROAR rules as their guideline. If you are racing any of these classes, you are utilizing ROAR even though you may not know it. Look at 1/18 electric vehicles - there are no rules and you end up with a free-for-all in terms of dimensions, etc.

I don't remember exactly how it went down but my recollection is that the opening ceremonies were cancelled then later reinstated so nobody (4 drivers) had their shirts with them.

Hell, give me a warning. You think I care! get over it!! You guys make too big a deal about nothing. ROAR should not have done this publicly but the only thing nearly as stupid as what they did is complaining about what they did.

Has anyone ever thought that ROAR is trying to improve the image of the Americans in the eyes of the other blocs? The American ROAR teams have always been the ones without team shirts, and in many cases been disrespectful during opening ceremonies (talking, not paying attention to speakers, etc.). Maybe a good view of ROAR will help preserve a 40 man team for the Words rather than IFMAR backing it down to a more fair and reasonable total.

Last edited by Rick Hohwart; 12-09-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Legend

This whole affair is just a power move from a grumpy Roar Ex-Con ...
Just
another example how Roar does things ...
Old 12-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wolf16731
I'm in South Dakota, so of course I won't be seeing ROAR anytime soon!
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Every manufacturer builds their cars (and many other components) using ROAR rules as their guideline. If you are racing any of these classes, you are utilizing ROAR even though you may not know it. Look at 1/18 electric vehicles - there are no rules and you end up with a free-for-all in terms of dimensions.
Rick I agree with what you are saying and you are right. I don't understand why these sanctioning bodies can't find a PR person that can "think" with logic, grace and wisdom before pulling these type stunts??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.