Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sabotage??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

One has to wonder if someone didn't just try to make a mountain out of a mole hill with this issue? Maybe it's just me, but there's just something horribly petty about the idea that someone would stoop so low as to sabotage someone's toy car... Any chance that this could just be accidental?
Old 11-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

New update, what was thought to be shavings turned out to be Shark's Teeth.....
Old 11-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by morgoth
Savoya isn't running a fuel filter.
There are pics of his buggy on Neo Buggy with a filter and in past pics like the link posted. Did he just not have one on for the Final? If so, then its suspicious again since he always runs one?

Either way, how did it get passed the filter/clunk in the tank? How was it not seen in the tank?

Again, all speculation for sure and we wil never know! I gaurantee that.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Default Reno Savoya Sabotage???

Small fragments of aluminium were found in Renaud Savoya's fuel tank whilst warming up his engine, these foreign objects around 100 of them we are told cannot have come from the fuel tank. A very unfortunate incident but one that has happened and is known as Sabotage.

has anyone any more info on this??
Old 11-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...-sabotage.html
Old 11-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Small fragments of aluminium were found in Renaud Savoya's fuel tank whilst warming up his engine, these foreign objects around 100 of them we are told cannot have come from the fuel tank. A very unfortunate incident but one that has happened and is known as Sabotage.

has anyone any more info on this??
i was there and i seen it with my own eyes when renos father blew on the fuel line and the metal came out of the fuel line i was shocked .Was even confirmed by RB's rep who is a very trusted source.

If it was sabotage thats the lowest thing anyone can do to anyone.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
There are pics of his buggy on Neo Buggy with a filter and in past pics like the link posted. Did he just not have one on for the Final? If so, then its suspicious again since he always runs one?

Either way, how did it get passed the filter/clunk in the tank? How was it not seen in the tank?

Again, all speculation for sure and we wil never know! I gaurantee that.
It's the first time I've seen reno with a fuel filter on those pics from March 2010. I know he was always running with a filter. I don't know if he ran one at the worlds. I'll check if I can find some pics of his car.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pntmachine
You would have to show me how it taints Cody's achievement since its not confirmed and speculated an hour before the final even ran. Or maybe explain how that engine looks brand new after a 30 minute main.
I dont care to explain anything to you for any reason. I will say that I hope it does not end up tainting the final results but that is the whole point of them bringing it up. This will be determined by the people involved in the event and it is out of your control.

This is what I am going on, I dont see anything about an hour going by or any other info. If there is more info on the subject, I cant find it there.

Quote from Neo-buggy:Small fragments of aluminium were found in Renaud Savoya's fuel tank whilst warming up his engine, these foreign objects around 100 of them we are told cannot have come from the fuel tank. A very unfortunate incident but one that has happened and is known as Sabotage.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Tech Addict

It's the first time I've seen reno with a fuel filter on those pics from March 2010. I know he was always running with a filter. I don't know if he ran one at the worlds. I'll check if I can find some pics of his car.
The pics on Neo from this weekend show it, but if you can find out the inside scoop that would make a difference for me. Either way it's a "Black Eye" for him. Savoya is always strong and it just is a weird situation.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I know where the metal shavings came from.........

J/K
Attached Thumbnails Sabotage??-yummm-.jpg  
Old 11-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI
The pics on Neo from this weekend show it, but if you can find out the inside scoop that would make a difference for me. Either way it's a "Black Eye" for him. Savoya is always strong and it just is a weird situation.
I searched some pics and he was running a filter. At least for the quali's.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Lord

I searched some pics and he was running a filter. At least for the quali's.
What looks like a filter from the outside does not always mean there is actually a filter on the inside.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazysavage
I dont care to explain anything to you for any reason. I will say that I hope it does not end up tainting the final results but that is the whole point of them bringing it up. This will be determined by the people involved in the event and it is out of your control.

This is what I am going on, I dont see anything about an hour going by or any other info. If there is more info on the subject, I cant find it there.

Quote from Neo-buggy:Small fragments of aluminium were found in Renaud Savoya's fuel tank whilst warming up his engine, these foreign objects around 100 of them we are told cannot have come from the fuel tank. A very unfortunate incident but one that has happened and is known as Sabotage.
1. The pics and post on neobuggy were made an hour before the final started.

2. I don't see any way this could taint anything for Cody unless it could be proven he did it, which he didn't.

3. Savoya wasn't really a contender for the win anyway. He was good but not as fast as the top three and dropped out due to servo failure. Mystery metal in the tank has nothing to do with that.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
What looks like a filter from the outside does not always mean there is actually a filter on the inside.
True, it could be that he took out the filter and just used to carry extra fuel.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by crazysavage

You don't owe me an explanation. I was up all night watching this live and this unfolded right after his semifinal run and well over an hour before the final. The only thing I know about it is the same as the people watching it online when the chat on LiveRC went off on it. Hopefully it is not as ugly as it sounds to be. I'm sure more pertinant info will unfold.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.