Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW D8 Atsushi Hara Edition*

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Yes, I unscrew the front shock ends roughly 2 full turns.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Ok, thanks for all the info. I just built my shocks to short. i just measured my buggy and full droop on the front is 97mm, and 111mm in the rear. I was looking at Haras Pattaya setup and he was running 107mm in the front. I would assume he probably ran the truggy shock ends no?
Old 01-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67
Ok, thanks for all the info. I just built my shocks to short. i just measured my buggy and full droop on the front is 97mm, and 111mm in the rear. I was looking at Haras Pattaya setup and he was running 107mm in the front. I would assume he probably ran the truggy shock ends no?
Also watch where the dogbones meet the outdrive cups running that much droop. They can pop out.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Good reason to get the WCE Shafts.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Smiley"
Good reason to get the WCE Shafts.
I was planning on it.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by braoue67
well I have the c22891 24x30x55mm 1650mah lipo sitting on my bench. It doesn't fit in my battery box. I had bought it for a nitro LM. But since it was said it would fit I figured I would try. No dice, not really sure what your talking about 400. Please post a pic of yours.
Sorry about that, I don't check this site often. Here are some pictures. You have to take your tray out and remove the throttle servo mounting tab. The battery slides right in without any modifications. I'm running them in both the buggy and truggy and both are averaging only 550mah of use after 1 hour of running. Best battery I have run to date. I wish HB made a flat battery cover. I'm not sure what you mean by a nitro LM, but this is for a D8 and D8T.
Attached Thumbnails NEW D8 Atsushi Hara Edition*-100_1427.jpg   NEW D8 Atsushi Hara Edition*-100_1426.jpg  
Old 01-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 400units
Sorry about that, I don't check this site often. Here are some pictures. You have to take your tray out and remove the throttle servo mounting tab. The battery slides right in without any modifications. I'm running them in both the buggy and truggy and both are averaging only 550mah of use after 1 hour of running. Best battery I have run to date. I wish HB made a flat battery cover. I'm not sure what you mean by a nitro LM, but this is for a D8 and D8T.
So once this battery is in place, to remove it requires that you remove the radio tray, then the throttle servo and throttle servo mounting tab?

Is this correct?

Also, from the photos, I do not see you power nor balance plug. I assume they're somewhere outside of the battery box? Did you have to enlarge the opening for the connectors to go through?

Thanks - Jim
Old 01-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Does this battery fit in OK, or do you need to force it in a bit? Have long have you used this battery for? Have you cycled the battery (discharged it, then balance charged it) to see what the battery capacity actually is?

The Robotronic battery loses a lot of it's capacity. I have 4-5 of them, one is 1300mah, the rest are at 1000mah or lower when the label states 1500mah. Some brand new are not 1500mah, their lifespan and Q.C. are lacking.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jesse Robbers
Does this battery fit in OK, or do you need to force it in a bit? Have long have you used this battery for? Have you cycled the battery (discharged it, then balance charged it) to see what the battery capacity actually is?

The Robotronic battery loses a lot of it's capacity. I have 4-5 of them, one is 1300mah, the rest are at 1000mah or lower when the label states 1500mah. Some brand new are not 1500mah, their lifespan and Q.C. are lacking.
I found the same thing with the Robotronic and the Common Sense. I have both and use both knowing that they're not up to the capacity they were advertised as.

Rarely see 30 minute mains where I race, so really not much of an issue to even come close to depleting either of these.

Just FYI. I like my LiPo's.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesse Robbers
The truggy pack fit snug and the buggy pack slid right in. I'm guessing due to the size variations between the two packs. There is no balance plug just one small charge wire that fits through the hole without enlarging the hole. It has a built in balance chip. I just plug it in my lipo charger on "auto" and the charger does the rest. When I first got the batteries they both took around 1600mah to fully charge them. After a full 1 hr race day, they only take between 500-600mah to fully charge. No I have not fully discharged and recharged it to see how much capacity they still have. However, I did have about 2.5 hours of practice last week and it took 1,235mah to recharge the truggy, so I probably can go a full 3 to 3.5 hours on a single charge.

I run the battery wire under the throttle servo and into the receiver tray. I have the battery charge lead, from the power switch, hanging outside the receiver tray so I can charge the car. I don't run a regulator as I run the savox servos and the batteries don't even get half way depleted after a full race day. I charge them in the morning and run the vehicles all day. When I get home they only need 500mah to recharge them.

I don't pretend to be a master at electronics. I just like to keep things simple. These are light, small, fit in without any modifications, and provide a full day of racing without having to recharge. I have only used them for two months now but have no issues with them. I don't get anything out of recommending these to you guys other than letting you know what has worked for me. I also see a lot of guys rushing to charge their stuff in between heats or swap batteries, when that's not necessary any longer. I've been using them for two months, races every weekend and practice about three days a week with zero issues. In my opinion, they are just as strong as when I first got them. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. I think I answered them all.

I will cycle both batteries and post what they took.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The truggy pack fit snug and the buggy pack slid right in.
It should be the same pack for both. Why have 2 different ones?
Old 01-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

he did say there must be size variation between the 2
Old 01-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Ya, my Integy lipo fit in the D8 box. It was a tight fit. But it did go in without cutting anything. Good deal for the price. I like that it has an autobalance chip built in. No balance plug to fight with.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have been using this battery for months now. I can run practice, 2 - 7 minute qualis and 20 minute mains with no problems. Takes in at the most 800 mAh when I charge it back up.
Attached Thumbnails NEW D8 Atsushi Hara Edition*-2011-01-13_15-49-36_896.jpg  
Old 01-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default good size battery for D8

Fellas whats a good size battery (dimension) in MM to use for the D8, dont want to purchase a battery then have to modify my battery box........Or was the Hara designed to run a nimh hump, n maybe the weight is needed from that style battery??? thanks

is 54mmx31x25 good?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.