Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NEW D8 Atsushi Hara Edition*

https://www.hotbodiesonline.com/kit....=68175&lang=EN

Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default So cool

That's awesome. Hara is one smart racer.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

sweet the promo vid was shot at one of my home tracks! i feel special now hahaha
Old 10-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

found my ride for 2011
Old 10-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

That is awesome!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I love it and I am by no means a HB guy. But that car should be in the $400-500 and I love the rear hubs. I wish more companies would offer a racer version like this one. I might have to try one of those...
Old 10-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Prophet

how about a d8t hara edition that is sold in the states

i would buy that !
Old 10-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

wow frank saying he "loves" something from HB.....next thing you know pigs will fly
Old 10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks very nice.
Any idea of the release date yet?
Exciting time coming up with a few big releases in the next few months!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

I just switched to HB this year and I must say that I have been more than impressed with the quality of these cars. They do wear faster than some other brands but for the cost of replace the wear parts that is really a non issue. My D8 is by far the easiest 1/8 buggy I have ever driven and I have had them all.

The Hara edition is interesting for sure but I have my doubts that it could be much better than my current D8. Oh well, only one way to find out right? Either way I am excited for HB and hope they continue to produce cars just as they have for the last couple of years. Quality product for a very affordable price wins me over everytime!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by hlpressley View Post
I just switched to HB this year and I must say that I have been more than impressed with the quality of these cars. They do wear faster than some other brands but for the cost of replace the wear parts that is really a non issue. My D8 is by far the easiest 1/8 buggy I have ever driven and I have had them all.

The Hara edition is interesting for sure but I have my doubts that it could be much better than my current D8. Oh well, only one way to find out right? Either way I am excited for HB and hope they continue to produce cars just as they have for the last couple of years. Quality product for a very affordable price wins me over everytime!

i been wondering this though do the hotbodies buggy/truggy wear just as fast as the losi eights or is it about the same ? and sloppy at same amount of time ?
Old 10-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i been wondering this though do the hotbodies buggy/truggy wear just as fast as the losi eights or is it about the same ? and sloppy at same amount of time ?
Can't compare directly, as I don't have a Losi, but even sloppy the D8 handles excellent.. Almost like it was designed to handle with the slop..
Old 10-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
I actually started racing 1/8 scale with a Losi 8ight that I bought from a friend of mine. I eventually upgraded to the 8ight 2.0, 8ight 2.0-T, as well as an 8ight-E. I have owned probably ten Losi cars for the 8ight family as I had always "heard" they were the best available so I tried to stick with them despite my horrible experiences. From my experience the Losi cars leave a lot to be desired when it comes to durability and overall quality. The only other brand I would consider other than the HB would be Mugen which as all brands has it's own share of issues. Like I have said many times each chassis manufacture does some things very well and they ALL have weak points or areas that need improvement but it just seems to me that the weak points with the HB car are far more tolerable than that of lots of other brands. Not to mention the HB car is much easier to drive IMO.

This is strictly my opinions shared solely for the benefit of the above post based on my experiences with the brand and is not intended to start a brand vs. brand flame war.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
wow frank saying he "loves" something from HB.....next thing you know pigs will fly
Hey they finally got it right. And the video was great I'm sure that
Marketing helped too. Believe me it pained me to type that but it is what it is and that car is a racer ride. I never thought the reg hb ever was.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by hlpressley View Post
I actually started racing 1/8 scale with a Losi 8ight that I bought from a friend of mine. I eventually upgraded to the 8ight 2.0, 8ight 2.0-T, as well as an 8ight-E. I have owned probably ten Losi cars for the 8ight family as I had always "heard" they were the best available so I tried to stick with them despite my horrible experiences. From my experience the Losi cars leave a lot to be desired when it comes to durability and overall quality. The only other brand I would consider other than the HB would be Mugen which as all brands has it's own share of issues. Like I have said many times each chassis manufacture does some things very well and they ALL have weak points or areas that need improvement but it just seems to me that the weak points with the HB car are far more tolerable than that of lots of other brands. Not to mention the HB car is much easier to drive IMO.

This is strictly my opinions shared solely for the benefit of the above post based on my experiences with the brand and is not intended to start a brand vs. brand flame war.

well the only parts i bent not broke was the hinge pins in the rear hubs on my 1.0 t i have made it easier to drive for sure by the flex chassis etc.

but im getting something diffrent over the winter or spring time not losi like a hb d8t or the new odonnell truggy thats going to come out. and something easier to drive and be real stable.

im not bias on any brand.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.