Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
NEW D8 Atsushi Hara Edition* >

NEW D8 Atsushi Hara Edition*

NEW D8 Atsushi Hara Edition*

Old 10-25-2010, 12:24 PM
  #1  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Atrackstar101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ca
Posts: 95
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NEW D8 Atsushi Hara Edition*

https://www.hotbodiesonline.com/kit....=68175&lang=EN



Atrackstar101 is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default So cool

That's awesome. Hara is one smart racer.
merdith6 is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 12:48 PM
  #3  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
So*Cal AFDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Moreno Valley
Posts: 1,454
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

sweet the promo vid was shot at one of my home tracks! i feel special now hahaha
So*Cal AFDude is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 01:02 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
koopesv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A main
Posts: 1,265
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

found my ride for 2011
koopesv is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 01:03 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Quad Racer 34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 2,973
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

That is awesome!
Quad Racer 34 is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 01:08 PM
  #6  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

I love it and I am by no means a HB guy. But that car should be in the $400-500 and I love the rear hubs. I wish more companies would offer a racer version like this one. I might have to try one of those...
Frank L is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 01:13 PM
  #7  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

how about a d8t hara edition that is sold in the states


i would buy that !
tc5 man is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 01:15 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (59)
 
blktransam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4,267
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

wow frank saying he "loves" something from HB.....next thing you know pigs will fly
blktransam is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
  #9  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 728
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Looks very nice.
Any idea of the release date yet?
Exciting time coming up with a few big releases in the next few months!
thorns is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 01:35 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (209)
 
hlpressley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,716
Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)
Default

I just switched to HB this year and I must say that I have been more than impressed with the quality of these cars. They do wear faster than some other brands but for the cost of replace the wear parts that is really a non issue. My D8 is by far the easiest 1/8 buggy I have ever driven and I have had them all.

The Hara edition is interesting for sure but I have my doubts that it could be much better than my current D8. Oh well, only one way to find out right? Either way I am excited for HB and hope they continue to produce cars just as they have for the last couple of years. Quality product for a very affordable price wins me over everytime!
hlpressley is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
  #11  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Originally Posted by hlpressley View Post
I just switched to HB this year and I must say that I have been more than impressed with the quality of these cars. They do wear faster than some other brands but for the cost of replace the wear parts that is really a non issue. My D8 is by far the easiest 1/8 buggy I have ever driven and I have had them all.

The Hara edition is interesting for sure but I have my doubts that it could be much better than my current D8. Oh well, only one way to find out right? Either way I am excited for HB and hope they continue to produce cars just as they have for the last couple of years. Quality product for a very affordable price wins me over everytime!


i been wondering this though do the hotbodies buggy/truggy wear just as fast as the losi eights or is it about the same ? and sloppy at same amount of time ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 02:02 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
ScottyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami OK
Posts: 3,149
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i been wondering this though do the hotbodies buggy/truggy wear just as fast as the losi eights or is it about the same ? and sloppy at same amount of time ?
Can't compare directly, as I don't have a Losi, but even sloppy the D8 handles excellent.. Almost like it was designed to handle with the slop..
ScottyM is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 02:02 PM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (209)
 
hlpressley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,716
Trader Rating: 209 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i been wondering this though do the hotbodies buggy/truggy wear just as fast as the losi eights or is it about the same ? and sloppy at same amount of time ?
I actually started racing 1/8 scale with a Losi 8ight that I bought from a friend of mine. I eventually upgraded to the 8ight 2.0, 8ight 2.0-T, as well as an 8ight-E. I have owned probably ten Losi cars for the 8ight family as I had always "heard" they were the best available so I tried to stick with them despite my horrible experiences. From my experience the Losi cars leave a lot to be desired when it comes to durability and overall quality. The only other brand I would consider other than the HB would be Mugen which as all brands has it's own share of issues. Like I have said many times each chassis manufacture does some things very well and they ALL have weak points or areas that need improvement but it just seems to me that the weak points with the HB car are far more tolerable than that of lots of other brands. Not to mention the HB car is much easier to drive IMO.

This is strictly my opinions shared solely for the benefit of the above post based on my experiences with the brand and is not intended to start a brand vs. brand flame war.
hlpressley is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 02:06 PM
  #14  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
wow frank saying he "loves" something from HB.....next thing you know pigs will fly
Hey they finally got it right. And the video was great I'm sure that
Marketing helped too. Believe me it pained me to type that but it is what it is and that car is a racer ride. I never thought the reg hb ever was.
Frank L is offline  
Old 10-25-2010, 02:12 PM
  #15  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Originally Posted by hlpressley View Post
I actually started racing 1/8 scale with a Losi 8ight that I bought from a friend of mine. I eventually upgraded to the 8ight 2.0, 8ight 2.0-T, as well as an 8ight-E. I have owned probably ten Losi cars for the 8ight family as I had always "heard" they were the best available so I tried to stick with them despite my horrible experiences. From my experience the Losi cars leave a lot to be desired when it comes to durability and overall quality. The only other brand I would consider other than the HB would be Mugen which as all brands has it's own share of issues. Like I have said many times each chassis manufacture does some things very well and they ALL have weak points or areas that need improvement but it just seems to me that the weak points with the HB car are far more tolerable than that of lots of other brands. Not to mention the HB car is much easier to drive IMO.

This is strictly my opinions shared solely for the benefit of the above post based on my experiences with the brand and is not intended to start a brand vs. brand flame war.




well the only parts i bent not broke was the hinge pins in the rear hubs on my 1.0 t i have made it easier to drive for sure by the flex chassis etc.

but im getting something diffrent over the winter or spring time not losi like a hb d8t or the new odonnell truggy thats going to come out. and something easier to drive and be real stable.

im not bias on any brand.
tc5 man is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.