Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8T 2.0 RTR vs Hot Bodies D8T

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyromania
The motor he linked is the Sirio based one. The carbs on my two Orions have never had problems. Set your linkage to pull the carb straight and you should never have problems.
it had nothing to do with the linkage or anything, i had it set up perfect. i have never had a problem with any other carb before.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
the Alpha was the easiest engine i have ever broke-in, just sayin
My buddy broke in an Alpha last night for his 2.0 T. It broke in nice, tuned in easy and rips now. He is a huge fan, he blew a rod in his Rossi 28, went to a B5 (strong but he said it was finicky), now he has the Orange Alpha and is blown away by it.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
it had nothing to do with the linkage or anything, i had it set up perfect. i have never had a problem with any other carb before.
Picco carbs are notoriously bad. They leak a lot at the seams between composite and metal. They're also known for binding even if the linkage is set up correctly. The Sirio based carbs don't have these issues.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Picco carbs are notoriously bad. They leak a lot at the seams between composite and metal. They're also known for binding even if the linkage is set up correctly. The Sirio based carbs don't have these issues.
+1

The Picco based Orions and the Sirio Based Orions are totally different motors with totally different carbs.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Addict

how good is the starter box that comes for free with the D8T?

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=LOSA99062
Old 05-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike881
how good is the starter box that comes for free with the D8T?

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=LOSA99062
Junk
Old 05-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cory Kerber
Junk
damn you!!! Can you elaborate on that? I would like more info on "good vs. bad starter box"
Old 05-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

thats a decent starter box. for free id take it. A good starter box will last a long time and turn a motor over very well. A bad starter box usally either has problems burning up their motors or they just arent very high powered. The ofna blue truggy and ofna crome top are the 2 best starter boxes.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

damn you!!! Can you elaborate on that? I would like more info on "good vs. bad starter box"
Junk compared to the Truggy box.

Here's a thread on how to make it better.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...arter-box.html
Old 05-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

just won another race with my STOCK D8T at the 4th round of the Georgia Championship Series! i also was running a STOCK D8 buggy (a friend of mine let me use it) and the axil snapped BUT it was the first batch of D8s which did have the bad axils and they were the original axils, i should have replaced them but i was being lazy . Hotbodies are the easiest buggy and truggy i have ever driven, HB was up front the whole day, qualifying 1st and second (me) but in truggy the other HB had engine problems and in buggy he went with the wrong setup but still pulled a fourth. BTW losi is dieing here in Georgia, i saw maybe 6 losi truggies and maybe 10-15 losi buggies this weekend and there was over 70 people there. everyone is switching to Mugen and Hotbodies.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

ok guys one last question that nobody has answered yet.

The Losi RTR chassis vs the Hot Bodies D8T chassis.

Which is better, and why do people keep saying I'd want to upgrade the RTR chassis later down the road? Am I going to be dissatisfied with the Losi chassis and happier with the D8T chassis in the long run?
Old 05-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

ok guys one last question that nobody has answered yet.

The Losi RTR chassis vs the Hot Bodies D8T chassis.

Which is better, and why do people keep saying I'd want to upgrade the RTR chassis later down the road? Am I going to be dissatisfied with the Losi chassis and happier with the D8T chassis in the long run?
i have seen the RTR chassis bend pretty easy, saw another one do it this weekend actually. also the RTR chassis doesnt flex as much as the Kit one making it less stable. not the D8T chassis is 4mm thick versus everyone elses 3mm. it will last longer and flexes perfectly. like i said before the D8T handles better than any other truggy i have driven, and i have driven them all minus caster. losi is godd threw rough stuff too but i just cant stand the front in push they have. but i think if anything dont buy a RTR youll spend more in the long run, the servos are junk, the engine isnt the best for racing and the towers are thinner and everything, you upgrade constantly and end up finding out that you could have bought TWO kits for the price of upgrades. the D8T only needs one upgrade, aluminum servo horn for steering and your set. i tried breaking it one weekend just to find the weak points and it wouldnt break no mater how hard i drove it or hit things.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The B5 is a lot more motor for not a lot more money. The nova is decent, but in stock form, it can be a bit underpowered for a truggy. They are also a bear to break in, so that might not be the best thing for a nitro beginner.
About the Novarossi BF:

They are great little engines... but even in MODDED form, they are a LOT underpowered for a truggy. Sorry, just calling it like I see it, from personal experience.

If you can't afford the 2013 pipe, you could settle for a dynamite 053.
That's a decent "midrange" pipe.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmmm. Italy or Taiwan???? Really tough choice huh?
Not sure... I'm not really convinced that FIAT makes good cars... but then again I don't know about Taiwanese cars either. I know there are some better ones made in Korea than FIAT makes...
Old 05-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

i'm feeling the werks b5 and the 2057 pipe. What else do I need guys besides the kit, starter box, servos, oils, engine and pipe? Does the kit come with a clutch and clutch bell...?

what oils are recommended for the D8T for a small 1/8 track?

Last edited by mike881; 05-17-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.