O'Donnel VS Werks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O'Donnel VS Werks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heidmann1
You guys must have forgot to put your air filter's on
ya that was it.. wish i would have thought of that.....
Old 04-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RUNNINONMT
could a b5 and a ss21 owner, racer, team driver please tell us something that seems to be a problem (even if its small one) with their motor just so we can see what the really honest problems with the motors are.it seems like noone has anything remotetly negitive to say about the brand they run for.....
I haven't had an issue with my SS, so I really can't complain. If I HAD to nit-pick, I'd say "Wish it was made in the USA" but at the same time glad it isn't... it'd be thrise the price.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Well I personally Had Steve O call me today. He gave me the Speech On the MRN... And what to do and not to do with it. Now I Have seen the WERKS engine on the same track as Mine. Same amount of tanks and what not. I think it is a Great engine, sounds Nice, Looks nice... But I own a SS .21 and I think it is a Killer Engine. Steve said My HSN will be 5 Hrs Rich, so I do what he said. And My engine is to me Dialed and dont want to touch the needles, but I know it is still rich. I cant even open it WOT on the Straight or Ill be over the wall. I could not believe or imagine any other Company call your cell fone and say hey lets tune that Engine! And also give you a Class on NItro Engines. I want to say This is a Great ENgine, and for the price, I could just use this, get some tune skills and then order another and have the other for a back up. These things Are dialed out the box in my eyes. 14 tanks so far, and still have plenty to go.....

But like I wrote before..... Is it Really what Power Plant is in the Buggy, Or is it who is Behind it?
Old 04-23-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Sounds great that O engine have some one that stand behind his product, BUT I'll give you a invitacion to the B5 engine thread http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ng-engine.html so you can see how customer service is handle and also stand behind his product and tell you from how to brake in the engine, what pipe was test with great results, tunin or solution to your problem what ever might be. Any one that been in the B5 thread will tell you that you always will reach Ron either by e-mail or here, he is here almost every day.

Hey Popsrocket, you wanna know more about this engines? above is the B5 tread, also there is a SS.21 O engine thread, start READ you migh learn a thing or two about this engines, you ain't going to get anything here, just people cliaming what ever.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default In my experience

The ss engine I ran had really bad bearings. the whole engine rattled. Not very happy, the werks engines are not bad, but don't last as long as Novarossi.....
Old 04-24-2010, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jon Moore
I haven't had an issue with my SS, so I really can't complain. If I HAD to nit-pick, I'd say "Wish it was made in the USA" but at the same time glad it isn't... it'd be thrise the price.
Thank you Mr. Jon Moore team driver O'Donnell.
so there you have it everyone the only thing he would like to see change is that it was made in the U.S.A and thats not gonna happen.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

The first one that sends me a sponsorship package is which one I'll run
Old 04-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

We received 3 SS. 21 engines about a month before they became available to the general public. After two gallons we had the HSN o-ring get very loose to the point where the screw would almost turn on its own. All the new engines now come with the newer o-rings so that problem has been taken care of. Out of the three engines one of the carb slides would stick. I took it out which was very easy to do and lightly sanded the corners where the idle screw runs along, problem fixed (This is the buggy engine we now have about 6 gallons on). Talked to Scott Cramer and the slide sticking was the first he had heard. I haven’t heard of any others having this happen either. That’s the only two problems we have had with the SS .21. I took the back plates off a couple weeks ago to check crank-pin and rod play and everything was like new. We haven’t changed anything in these engines other than the HSN o-rings and idle screw o-rings. I’m not saying O’Donnell rules; just that I believe you are getting a strong, quality engine that will do a great job on the track.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

I have tested the Od ss from day dot .I have spoken to steve odonnell on mnay occasions .The man is not only a guru but one of the nicest people you can ever come accross in this industry.

during our testing yes we did find the o rings were faulty but that about it .now they have the new kit and all i can say is wow perfect no dramas.

we have tested with many different pipes and have a had some great results with run time and performance .

I am a true believer that an engine break down is because of the person behind the engine needles nothing more .Another factor is incorrect glow plugs and poor quality fuel nothing else .

From what i have tested the ss is not only the best value for money but one of the best quality and performing engines in the world .It outstrips the novas and many more and at less than half the price .Long lasting engines were lower costing engines dont even get a gallon i seen it at the pre world with my own eyes.guys running in engines everyday .

Kepp up the good work steve .

SOMETHING ALL YOU GUYS KEEP ON FORGETTING YOU CANNOT GET BLOOD OUT OF ROCK SO IF IT HAS NO MORE DONT PUSH IT OR YOU WILL KILL IT .COMMON RULE
Old 04-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Miniracer23
Hmm Hmm(clearing throat). Here's my opinion. I have not ran either engine, I personally run Novarossi(usually). BUT, I have been looking for an affordable back-up engine, and these two have been mentioned. I'm not one to take everyone's word on the internet, so I look to what everyone is using locally. At my local track(Outacontrol Raceway in Central Florida for those who are curious), I've seen many B5's and ZERO O'Donnell engines. Everyone I've talked to about the B5 has had good reviews, plus, it seems to perform well on the track. As for price, on A-main, the O'Donnell is 199.98 and the B5 is 199.99, I think I'll cough up the extra penny for the B5. Just my .02......
Ironically, went to the track this weekend and saw a guy running an O donnell engine. It seemed to run strong and have no issues. Not that I'm gonna run out and buy one yet, but I wasn't discouraged buy what I saw.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
I have tested the Od ss from day dot .I have spoken to steve odonnell on mnay occasions .The man is not only a guru but one of the nicest people you can ever come accross in this industry.

during our testing yes we did find the o rings were faulty but that about it .now they have the new kit and all i can say is wow perfect no dramas.

we have tested with many different pipes and have a had some great results with run time and performance .

I am a true believer that an engine break down is because of the person behind the engine needles nothing more .Another factor is incorrect glow plugs and poor quality fuel nothing else .

From what i have tested the ss is not only the best value for money but one of the best quality and performing engines in the world .It outstrips the novas and many more and at less than half the price .Long lasting engines were lower costing engines dont even get a gallon i seen it at the pre world with my own eyes.guys running in engines everyday .

Kepp up the good work steve .

SOMETHING ALL YOU GUYS KEEP ON FORGETTING YOU CANNOT GET BLOOD OUT OF ROCK SO IF IT HAS NO MORE DONT PUSH IT OR YOU WILL KILL IT .COMMON RULE

Cobra I am right behind you. Spoke to Steve Myself and he gave me MSN Class 101 and all about why and how the engine was made. I have about 20 tanks on my engine. I am 6hrs lean ontop and 2.5hrs lean on bottom. Still rich and runs like a champ. I know my run time isnt great but I know this is a beast of an engine. I cant even hit full throttle down our straight. Thats how much power this has. And better yet, my temps dont ever get over 170. I know they need to be hotter, but I think that this Mill is Excellent. I may try the B5 just to see the difference. Or have my buddy get one and then race each other on the track. Thats my 2 cents.