Community
Wiki Posts
Search

O'Donnel VS Werks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default O'Donnel VS Werks?

How Dose the new O'Donnel Engine compare to the new Werks Engine?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

not trying to bash but My buddy that I race with 2-3 times a month got an Odonnel and I run the B5's and He got it new and had it for 2 gallons and got rid of it.... It's ok,, but thats about it. Its was not very reliable, had a lot of bottom end but not that much top end. I drove it quite a few times to check it out. BUt compared to the B5 its not even close, HE actually put his rtr engine back in and it has been way more reliable... Just my experience.........
Old 04-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

b5 all the way...the od motor has not had much success in my area...ive seen a couple of them snap rods and another buddy was always flaming out before he sold it...
Old 04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

B5 all the way my freind runs for od and i was getting 2 minute longer run times than he was and i would out run him the B5 is just a all around better motor.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

I just got my b5 today with the 2057 pipe. I cant wait to try it out. I am running buggy on a pretty tight track. What would be the best setup for the pipe. Should I run the pipe extension that the pipe came with or not. What are the advantages of the extension.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jammin32j
I just got my b5 today with the 2057 pipe. I cant wait to try it out. I am running buggy on a pretty tight track. What would be the best setup for the pipe. Should I run the pipe extension that the pipe came with or not. What are the advantages of the extension.
Running the extension will give more bottom end. It is recommend on a tight track, but also comes down to what you prefer. Test them both and see what you like.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heidmann1
not trying to bash but My buddy that I race with 2-3 times a month got an Odonnel and I run the B5's and He got it new and had it for 2 gallons and got rid of it.... It's ok,, but thats about it. Its was not very reliable, had a lot of bottom end but not that much top end. I drove it quite a few times to check it out. BUt compared to the B5 its not even close, HE actually put his rtr engine back in and it has been way more reliable... Just my experience.........
OK!? Hehe. What pipe and plug was he running, because mine has GOBS of usable power. If you drove it 'quite a few times', it must have been reliable.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mist467
b5 all the way...the od motor has not had much success in my area...ive seen a couple of them snap rods and another buddy was always flaming out before he sold it...
I haven't seen any bust rods, but I can say without a doubt that flame outs come down to plug choice and tuning.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DPowers
B5 all the way my freind runs for od and i was getting 2 minute longer run times than he was and i would out run him the B5 is just a all around better motor.
I was getting 10+ mins at our track up here with (sometimes) more power than I could use. The OD is a hell of an engine. Mine has only gotten better.

Curious; who's your friend that runs for OD?
Old 04-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by popsrocket
How Dose the new O'Donnel Engine compare to the new Werks Engine?
I've had the SS engine now for over a year. She broke-in without one problem and now makes MAD power. Werks makes a pretty good engine, but dollar for dollar, the OD is just beyond.

I may be biased, but a LOT of guys up here are just in love with this engine. Some are even saying they're 'scared' to open it up all the way. After some time with the engine on the track, it's easy to see why. Once this engine comes to life, it's a pure monster.

Myself and a few others have compared it to the OS Speed engine which sells for $500. That's saying a lot.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've seen quite a few Odonnell engines run and I can honestly say I wasn't impressed. It's like it is trying to be a v-spec, but not quite there. For the price it may not be a bad engine, but not compared to the B5(which is cheaper BTW).

I'm going to come right out and say... Yes I own a B5 which hasn't even seen a drop of fuel yet. You can decide if that makes me biased or not. I will also say this. I run nothing but Odonnell fuel, and use their plugs a lot too. So you can see I have nothing against Odonnell. In fact, quite the opposite.

I'm an OS engine die hard. The Werks B5's reputation and price persuaded me to buy one, and I can't wait to see how it will perform(if I ever get the time to break it in).
Old 04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i like my b5
Old 04-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

just got my Odonnell SS. 8 tanks on it, and time to Purrr

Tower Hobbies has em Easy pay at 200. YOU CANNOT BEAT THAT!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sure you can. You can get a B5 for a 199 bucks from a-main or tower and not have to mess around with e-bay! ;-P
Old 04-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
Sure you can. You can get a B5 for a 199 bucks from a-main or tower and not have to mess around with e-bay! ;-P
Easy pay man... You pay 81 bux now you got ur engine. then 30 days later they take another payment, and then 30 more days another payment. How do you beat that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.