Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Hey Aaron, thanks for the U-shaft and body info. I knew you were the guy to talk to! Just wanted to say I appreciate all you pros who help out us average hacks. Keep up the great work!

Chuck
Old 07-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

No problem dude! I remember what it's like to be a buckie..I still ask a TON of questions (and poor Adam recieves the bulk of them). I remember all of the help I got from the big names when I started racing, and now I'm doing my best to pass it on to the next generation of racers. It's kinda like that movie Pay It Forward.

We're racing toy cars for bowling trophies..it's all about having fun. If I can take a couple minutes out of my day to find a part number or answer a question to help someone else have fun in this hobby, then so be it!

As far as other pros being helpful..just look for any of the big guys wearing a Losi t-shirt, whether they're local or coming to your track from out of town. Losi prides themselves in having one of the most approachable and helpful race teams out there, and winning is second priority only to helping those who need it.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

WO WO WO....cmon now, how many times do I have to say it....theyre not toys! Theyre high preformance racing machines....and besides, the trophies make my garage look pretty! Thank godness! Im coming back on the 24th.....much longer without my car and I just might explode! Im writing down my qeustions so when I get back to my car and computer in the states, Ill have a bunch ready for you. Talk to you in a few days!

-peace!
Old 07-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Haha I'll be waiting!

They ARE toy cars..and the day they're not longer fun to race is the day I quit.

The trophies can be pretty but they're clunky and hard to store. Years and years of racing, and they're starting to pile up more than old MX trophies!
Old 07-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Exclamation help help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello i race a buggy and it raer end is real lose i need help i'am runing 20/20oil and hard spring in the raer and soft in the front give me any help you can
Old 07-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default I concur

"We're racing toy cars for bowling trophies"
HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHHA
Thats funny; true.
Aaron did you pick that up from someone...
or did you coin it?
Old 07-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Which reminds me. I want to bowl my RC10gt ten frames before I go back to my LOSI!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

nitro kid - Try new rear tires, which will usually solve the problem. You can try moving the top of the shock out one hole, and move your battery back.

notch - I heard that a loooong time ago. We all started this as a hobby, and some people lose sight of that..everyone needs to be dragged back down to ground level every once in a while.

Going back to Losi? Good choice!
Old 07-21-2004, 07:36 AM
jsp
Tech Regular

Who is Aaron Waldron? Is that Wad's son?
Old 07-21-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Eerun,
Guud loock et zee IFMER Vurlds en Sveeden den!

'nooffff seeed,
MX4
Old 07-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Default XXX-T Diff

Hi, i have slight side to side movement in my diff on my MFE. Ive rebuilt the diff part by part from the manual and am still getting the movement. Is there something im forgetting? is this common?
Old 07-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

jsp - hahaha...what's up dude?! They'll let anyone post here these days!

MX4 - Thanks! It's gonna be a blast..I can't wait.

NVisible - Anything more than a slight movement isn't normal. Did you use all of the belleville washers inside the diff? The only time I have heard of this slop is when all of these washers are not used. Also, are you sure you're using the correct outdrives? If you have the new GenII outdrives, it won't fit correctly.

Is the slop coming from the bearings, or is the diff moving back and forth between the bearings? If the movement is very slight, you should be able to shim the diff as to get rid of the slop. Let me know!
Old 07-22-2004, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default foam

Aaron,

question about 2WD mod: why is it necessary to stuff red 7204's with one full or 3/4 of a rear foam?

Though I've only tested this briefly, it seems to me as if it makes the tire way too firm. So you lose grip, and on bumpy tracks, the tire won't absorb the bumps very well. I should probably mention that I do not run on blue-groove or groomed tracks. Only dusty, choppy stuff.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default Lungsford carb adabter

AW

is their any way you know of to remove one of these adapters once installed.

Thanks
Dave M
Old 07-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Aaron, yea the slop is the diff moving side to side through the bearings. they are the correct outdrives as well. Maybe ill take it apart again, maybe i dropped a shim and didnt notice. thanks for the info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.