Ask Aaron Waldron

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Aaaron, have you ever been to Cutting Edge indoor rc in las vegas nevada? if so what setup did you run. and can i have your msn address . if you dont mind lol
Old 12-31-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

HAPPY NEW YEARS FROM JAMES'S
Old 01-01-2007, 03:56 AM
Tech Elite

Bob - You too!

MXRider - I haven't been there yet...although I'll likely be there this year. Check www.losibk2.com or contact Jesse Robbers here on RCTech and he'll probably be able to hook you up with a good indoor setup.

My MSN/Hotmail is [email protected]
Old 01-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sounds good man, youll LOVE the track! and thanx for the help.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

I'll love the track? Will they let me run gas truck? HAHA!

Good luck, let me know if I can help you with anything.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nope, No gas trucks,Or lipos. But the track still rocks.. When you go out there lmk. I might have to come drive.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

I might race electric out there later this year, who knows. I like to break out my "flashlights" every once in a while to remind myself why I'm only competitive in gas racing, haha.

I will try to at least stop by to check it out though, maybe when we're in Vegas for Silver State this year.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sounds good man, Like i said i added you on msn, let me know!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

aaron, losi was suppose to have an electric race at cutting edge this spring. Its a good facility, but has its downside like all others.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:47 AM
Tech Elite

I didn't know that cat was out of the bag yet, haha. I heard they were talking about sometime in the fall or later in the year. If that's the case, I think it sounds like fun...and I'll FINALLY be 21 by then!
Old 01-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Aaron, thanks for the PM about my son's Eight. We couldn't be happier with the car. We've got A LOT of time on it now with zero problems.

As far as the Losi electric race, here is what I know. I heard a long time ago that the race was being planned to be held sometime in April in Las Vegas at Cutting Edge. There are a couple problems, however, that might prevent that.

First, the track is waaayyy too small to have more than about five 1/10th scale cars on it. When I used to race there, we turned 17 and 18 second lap times. And that is with the absolutely horrid dirt that they have there. I guess they are "shopping around" now for new dirt. That's a step in the right direction, for sure.

Second, and this is the deal breaker, is that the maximum occupancy of the track is 38 people! They have a separate pit room that has a maximum occupancy of 14. This is due to the fire marshal of the City of North Las Vegas and it isn't going to change without major structural changes to the building. I think a Losi race that has a cap of 50 entries would be quite a waste for Team Losi. If you took into account the track staff and a few spectators, you would realistically be looking at a race with no more than 40 entries being allowed.

Anyway, that's what I know so far. Don't hold your breath on the race being here in Vegas. As far as the Silver State, I heard it's still on with a new person running it...same dates as always. See you there!

Thanks again for your help!

Chris Boice
Old 01-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

im running a reedy neo-one motor in my race truck right now. i just bought a 4wd buggy to start racing instead of my truck. i want to put the neo-one motor onto my buggy. the motor area is extreemly tight. the can fits, but the wires stick out over the can and that keeps the motor from going all the way in. my soldering iron isnt hot enough to melt the existing solder from the wire tabs. is it safe to cut the wire and resolder them over the existing wolder on the outside of the tab? will this affect the performance of the motor any? i cant afford to loose this motor so i would liek to be positive that it wont be damaged from doign this.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

streetracer - Your post is kinda vague in terms of what you think will actually cause a problem. Your best bet is likely to get a hotter soldering iron that will melt the existing solder, either by buying a new one (a good investment) or borrowing one from a friend or your local hobby shop.

The fewer solder joints, plugs, and less wire will lead to less resistance. I wouldn't generally advise that you cut anything unless you really know what you're doing.

Chris - I don't have anything to do with the electric race. I'm sure that Losi will work things out in order to hold a successful event and I don't think it's fair to pass judgement on anything at least until plans are finalized and an official announcement is made. You're right in thinking that Losi and the track itself will not likely involve themselves in something that will not be successful.

I'm really happy to hear you like the new car. I think that the few problems that racers have encountered in the short time the car has been out will be solved with experience and we will see more and more happy 8IGHT racers in 2007.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Aaron, have you any news of a time frame for the release of the XXX-T CR? I searched Horizon, and threads on here, the grid, and a few others to no avail.
Thanks,
Rod
Old 01-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

I haven't heard anything about a release date. The last I heard about the truck, they were still doing R&D regarding what changes they wanted to make.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.