Ask Aaron Waldron

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Rookie

well the speed increase or should i go for the o.s..15 crv-x?
Old 05-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The speed won't necessarily change with the .12 or the .15. They'll run better and probably longer though. If you want to get more speed get a bigger clutchbell or smaller spur gear or both. Speed is also relative to how you tune them. You can make them scream like a banshee, then get a funny look on your face when the rod pops..
Old 05-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Rookie

hmmm it wouldnt go faster its more of a street rc10gt it has racing tires on it stock tires were garbage..so am not looking at any speed increase or how much faster i can get to 40?
btw u moderator in rc10hobby.com?
Old 05-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Yes, I'm a mod at the gt forums. If you regear it you should get 40 fairly easily. Your low end takeoff will suffer a little but you'll get the speed. Pick up some smaller spur gears and play with the gearing, I think towerhobbies has em down to a 60 tooth. But if you go to small you'll have to make the motor mount holes for the bolts longer with a dremel. Not sure what size it is when you have to do that.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Hahaha...man this place adds up quickly.

I use got2b glued in my hair. It'll stick the comb to your hand no problem. Haven't tried gluing my tires with it, but I haven't tried TL glue in my hair yet. It's Peanut's new favorite hair stuff...haha.

If your idle won't come down, it might be an air leak.

I'm assuming that the camber link question was in reference to the rear: 2-A is a lot more common than 3-B. I'm not 100% sure what the difference is but I think 3-B should feel a little stiffer than 2-A. I never change from the 2 hole in the rear tower and sometimes jump from the A and B holes in the hub.

Now if you're talking about the front, I usually run the B-hole in the hub and may change from the 2 and 3 holes in the front bulkhead.

Keel - Since you don't race gas (EIFF!) the Hot Rod Shootout is in July. Be there!

Slobba and D Mac - Thanks guys! Dad has been working his tail off giving me the best chance to do well...2005 has been my best year yet!

I don't know the conversions between shock oils. I run Losi oil only.

There's a lot of posts and I dunno if I could answer them all without missing anything. If you still need anything answered, post away!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default XXX-4

Hey Aaron! I have another problem.

I finally saved up the money for a better speed controller for my XXX-4. I bought a remanufactured Novak Dually. It looked a lot smaller in the picture, and it didn't occur to me it might not fit in the car.

Now as I see it, I have 3 choices. Return it, and wait another 3 or so months before I can afford one of their better, smaller speed controllers. Cut the back end of the frame of my car off and have the speed controller sticking out (which I really don't think is an option). Or put the speed controller infront of the motor, and put the reciever behind the motor.

The third option is the one I like the best, as it won't cost me any money, and I don't have to destroy the car. My question is, will the speed controller overheat if it is infront of the motor?

Thanks!
Chris
Old 05-11-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
Keel - Since you don't race gas (EIFF!) the Hot Rod Shootout is in July. Be there!
Hah! No joke.. I'm gonna try and make it out to the west coast sometime this summer. Legion ball might get in the way though...That and trying to get into college. We'll see.

Good job at the gas nats too bro!

TK
Old 05-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Congrats on the 5th place on saturday Aaron! i just read the results on neo-buggy.net.........i didnt know you was running a Jammin'?
Old 05-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

HVAC - Having it in front of the motor shouldn't cause any problems. If you're worried about it, you could cut venting holes in the front of the body to get some more airflow.

Tyler (and everyone else) - Thanks for the props!

2005 has been one hell of a year!

SPZA - I've been running the Jammin' car since December or so. I finished 3rd at the RC Pro West Round One, qualified for the Worlds by making the B at the ROAR Nationals in Texas a couple weeks ago, and I'm looking forward to getting even more time with the car.

It works GREAT, it's a great value for what you get out of the box, and the crew behind Jammin' are first-class!

It's been a while since I've done this..A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY SPONSORS in 2005!!!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

Nice, i am really suprised at how good it is doing.

WOW, the worlds? GOOD JOB!!!!!!and good luck!
Old 05-12-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

AW

How often you clean your gas truck, clutch shoes?
Do you scuff up the bell and or shoes?

Wich cluctch do you run?

What plug you recomend for cvr?

Thanks
Dave mac
Old 05-12-2005, 06:32 AM

i was wondering if a cut crank would be long enough to mount on a losi xxx nt clutch setup
Old 05-13-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

streetstock.... You shouldn't have any problem. I've run the same engines in GT's and XXXNt's with no problems at all.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default discharging

I know the basics of battery care. What I want to know is how the sponsored drivers discharge their batteries. What do they do after a race with the left over juice in their batts? Do you guys place on a 20A discharger then battery tray to equalize the cells? All information is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

if i am going to be racing again in a week or less, i didcarge my packs at 30 amps to a cut off of .90 per cell(5.40). then i just put them away till i use them again.

then before the next charge i discarge them to .90 per cell on a novak smart tray and charge at 6 amps.....

i hope this helps....

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.