Wiki Posts
Search

Is the D8T worth the money??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miniracer23
I'm beginning to think some of these ppl are just hate'n cause the D8 performs just as well if not better than their stuff and costs half the price.
+100 , got to find something to make them not feel bad about the budget explosion!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhillyDees
No it is not wort the money. it will not hold a candle stick to a LOSI or a MUGEN don't waste your money
Always a hater!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miniracer23
I'm beginning to think some of these ppl are just hate'n cause the D8 performs just as well if not better than their stuff and costs half the price.
That's what has happened to alot of the losi,mugen driver's at my track1 The D8t ROCKS!!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys, which size of tires should i get for the D8T???
LRP, V3, standard Maxx???
Just see that this truggy came with the wheel but no tires
And at any place i can find the size of the stock wheel.
I would want to order it right now to recieve the tires in same time as my truggy.

Thank you!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mathiew
Hey guys, which size of tires should i get for the D8T???
LRP, V3, standard Maxx???
Just see that this truggy came with the wheel but no tires
And at any place i can find the size of the stock wheel.
I would want to order it right now to recieve the tires in same time as my truggy.

Thank you!
Any of the AKA tires will fit the D8t wheels, as will some others others. Not the VTR;s though. I would suggest a set of AKA City Blocks in Soft as they work well in the majority of track conditions.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by porter
Gotta love the haters!!!!!

Buy what you can afford and be happy. Don't worry what Joe smoe tells you is the best, cause in most cases they're just telling you that cause it's what they run.

I've driven Hot Bodies now for the past year and have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. I even used all the stock plastics on my buggy clear through last season with very little wear and no breakages (Knock on Wood ) I've driven Mugen, Losi, CEN, Caster, Thunder Tiger, I choose the HB cars cause they simply feel the best for my driving style, not because I think they are superior to any other brand (as some are saying about other cars in this thread).

You will be happy with your D8T, and I bet after a few races at your local track, you'll have a few of those people that are making fun of you for buying it at your pit table wanting to take a look.... It happened at my local track, and now there are several D8 and D8T owners in my area.
+1
Old 03-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itsshemp
Any of the AKA tires will fit the D8t wheels, as will some others others. Not the VTR;s though. I would suggest a set of AKA City Blocks in Soft as they work well in the majority of track conditions.
+1
Old 03-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Adept

Is the proline LRP bowtie will fit?
I've always use bowtie on my track and love this tires.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

OK i'll try a set of AKA I-Beam in medium compond, soft will not last long on our track and the track is soft sand, the thread patern look like the bowtie.
Thank you!
Old 03-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

iI ran I beam rear/ city block front for several races with good success. Wear is good even in soft compound with good fwd bite and steering. You are going to love it.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itsshemp
itsshemp the vtr tires do fit the d8t wheels i have 2 sets of caliber mounted up just have to be more carfull as the vtr mount like buggy tires. you just gotta kinda eye them up so you dont have parts of the tire sticking out over the rims at spots. but other wise no problems with any of mine yeat and one set is gonna soon me outa life
Old 03-02-2010, 02:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jbright33
itsshemp the vtr tires do fit the d8t wheels i have 2 sets of caliber mounted up just have to be more carfull as the vtr mount like buggy tires. you just gotta kinda eye them up so you dont have parts of the tire sticking out over the rims at spots. but other wise no problems with any of mine yeat and one set is gonna soon me outa life
Thanks for the info...interesting.. dont the HB wheels have a bead "groove" and the VTR tires have a flat bead like the buggy tires? How do you get past that, when mounting them?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

The Proline VTR has a design all there own. You can only use them with Proline VTR wheels.
Older Proline LPR will work on the D8T's stock wheels.

Not being the AKA fanboy, I use Proline VTR as they are excellent choice in design and less weight.

For this season, I will be running the Hot Bodies tire. The Pink Megabites is probably the most versatile tire I have ever used on the buggy.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

these are proline vtr revolvers mounted on hb wheels they do fit. like i said the bead is diferent but it just sets on top of rim but its a perfect fit.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default HB D8T

Originally Posted by Slimsh8t
That's what has happened to alot of the losi,mugen driver's at my track1 The D8t ROCKS!!
That is why every one who has had one around me has sold that HB they said it was just to breakable

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.