Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the D8T worth the money??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I just drove a D8 Buggy for the first time yesterday, and let me tell you I was pretty impressed. I normally drive an XRay Truggy, and this D8 handled like it was on rails running an inexpensive GO engine. It was VERY nice.

I would seriously NOT hestitate to purchase a D8 or D8T after driving that Buggy. It was pretty impressive for a $300 kit. I say go for it!
Old 02-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just my 2 cents, in the last year i have had losi, hb, xray, i ran losi, while my nephew ran the others. He loved the hb's both the truck and buggy. he had no issues with the hb's they ran great and held up good. im getting back into racing, trucks only and i will be getting a d8t, i think its the best deal for the money and the performance is good also.

jlo
Old 02-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i just saw a mugen mbx6 NIB on ebay for 360$$$ That is not final bidding price though

and it comes with free shiping
Old 02-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I asked the sane question on the d8t thread just a dew days ago, I did it mainly to confirm what I already knew. That being the d8t is a great truggy! I've ran the d8 buggy for almost 6 months and the few issues I have I send an email and usually get a response right away, if I'm in a rush I pick up my phone and call them. Never once a question as to what I was doing or did I do something wrong it was well let's get that part right out to you. Yes, the arms are somewhat soft plastic but they hold up reasonably well and are cheap to replace. Is it as good as the mugens or xrays out there? In my opinion it's as good as the driver! Plus for the $300 less price tag you cab stock up on enough spares to last you 2 seasons of offroad!
Old 02-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
so if you buy a mugen/xray/losi it's only good for one year????

B.S.
youll find a lot of serious racers buy new rides every season. i replace parts as needed and ill replace the chassis once, after that i buy a new one, starts getting to costly keeping up after 2 chassis
Old 02-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
i just saw a mugen mbx6 NIB on ebay for 360$$$ That is not final bidding price though

and it comes with free shiping

I have an MBX6, brand new with a GO GX-5R in it. Never ran this buggy yet, it's for the next season

So i think i'll spend the $300.00 and get the HB D8T.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Mathiew
I have an MBX6, brand new with a GO GX-5R in it. Never ran this buggy yet, it's for the next season

So i think i'll spend the $300.00 and get the HB D8T.
Great choice! Haha it wont be long till your throwin the mugen out the door and getting the d8 buggy.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

I've never driven the truggy, but have seen a few at my local track and they look great. If it's anything like the buggy, it will hold up fine. The buggy is just as durable as any other buggy out there, and the diffs are bulletproof. There were issues with the driveshafts and rear tower, but they have since been addressed.

Every brand have it's hiccups when they release a new ride. I.E. Losi with servo problems, Mugen w/ hingepin problems, and I believe AE even had a problem with the RC8 when it was released. Problem is, everyone jumped on the D8 bandwagon right away and got pissed when they had problems, and since it's so inexpensive, they call it cheaply made. I love mine and have no plans of switching.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hingepin problems on the mugen??? what are you talking about? Never heard of this.

D8 does sound like a good deal. But i have never had any problems what so ever with my mugen. But it would be cool to get a quality buggy at 300$
Old 02-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Plus if you can get sponsored by HB the parts are very cost effective. I know a guy who runs for HB and shock towers are like $12 his cost.

What a deal for a manufacture that just won the Nitro Challenge in Truggy.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have had my D8T now since it was released. I picked it specifically for the price and could not be happier. I changed the rear springs, about $6.00 and made A mains for the first time and actually tq'd and won the 2nd race with it. In the same series I hadn't made an A with my Losi truggy. Parts are inexpensive and as with any vehicle there are always parts to change if you choose but I can attest to the durability of my D8T as I often find the pipes and plywood! Going to curse me by saying this but so far have broken 1 c hub and a servo saver arm. Rebuilt the cvd's once and thats it, even on the stock orig clutch still. I had a 2.0T new,never drove it, but after reading their thread wasn't ready to spend the $100 or more right out of the box to use it. Don't get me wrong they drive great and it's my goal every race day to keep up or beat them, but when I do it's at less than half the cost! Any deficiency my D8T has is driver not the vehicle.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

get the D8T and put M2C hinge pins on it inner and outer new rear shock tower, rear hub carriers are a must, HB Alunminum servo arm, New clutch with stiffer springs and you can win at any level with the D8T. I let my friend drive mine at Nitro Challenge and he won the Masters class with it his first time driving it. It went the whole week with no issues and went the 45min main and the thing still looks new. My friend is one hell of a driver and could win with any truck, but the D8T was his choice for the weekend.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

well here is what everyone neglected to tell you...

First off the HB D8 and D8T are extremely well designed vehicles! They are perform on all types of surfaces and under all track conditions,

If you take the time to learn the vehicle you will never look back nor regret buying the vehicle. Also the build on both vehicles is flawless, my builds were just as good as my Xray build.

Yes the plastics are somewhat softer, which allows the car to flex more in high bite situation thus giving the buggy/truggy more traction. Also the plastics generally do not break, they will warp but you will not DNF a race due to the quality of the plastics.

Also the buggy is extremely planted and can be driven hard in all situations. The truggy on the other hand is super stable but very very agile. Personally, in my experiences with my MBX6T and my D8T the HB truggy was far superior in all aspects because it was more predictable in the toughest of situations.

These are just some of my thoughts on HB's vehicles. Hope this helps and enjoy whatever kit you choose.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I drove a D8T at MotoRama. It was brand newly built. Probably one of the roughest tracks I'll ever drive on. The only setting I touched all w/end was ride height due to the springs settling in. Granted, I was only good enough for the EMain ...but I did get faster with it each round. To say the least, I'm very pleased and looking forward to outdoor season.

Dreaux- Yes, when the Moo Bug first came out, there were some issues with people snapping front, upper hinge pins. With the re-design, that went away pretty quickly.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I have ran the D8T since its release. I have replaced wheel bearings, bell-crank bearings as one was broke and I rebuilt my driveshafts once. To me, that's just typical of any RC. It's a good truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.