Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the D8T worth the money??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is the D8T worth it? Absolutely, and let me shed some reasons why.

First, the kit is about $300 +/- so already you've saved a substantial sum. The money you have saved you can very easily put into spare parts. Losi, Mugen, Xray, they all break...it's not if, it's when. You may say they wont break as often, or wear out as quickly, but the fact is they will still break. What if they don't? Many here have said they've gone many races or even a year without breaking a part. Is that a chance you're willing to take? I am. Because if you are able to go for multiple events without breaking, you're way ahead of the game.
And really, who cares what some "elitist" may think. You cannot deny that the D8 and D8T are winning big events. Even if you try to argue that the pros are using some type of "secret squirrel" upgrades those parts will still make it to us minions soon enough. HB already has some potent upgrades and are proven winners. Plus they cost substantially less than their competition. What else is there to say?
One last thing. The D8 and D8T share a plethora of parts. So if you ever decide to go the buggy and truggy route, there will be even more savings with parts accumulation and cost.

$.02
Old 03-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

All the problems with this buggy are trivial and every brand has had similar problems. But the only real problem I see with this buggy is that it is under priced, which is actually a good thing but people associate less money with inferior quality, which isn't the case here. I've never driven this buggy but I've seen many run by friends at the track and they don't seem to have any disadvantage for driving this over a higher dollar one.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK guys, thank you for all your input. Never think that my post will top 5 pages just after 24 hours

So too much different opinions. I've order it, i'll race it, and i'll make my own opinion.

But, i can easily see that more people like the D8T. And i realy appreciated the guys who don't own one (but ran Losi, Mugen or other one) and give me somes good opinions without only BS it.
Thank you!!!!

For the price, you'are right GSMike, i'll have enough $$$ save for parts if i brake.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhillyDees
That is why every one who has had one around me has sold that HB they said it was just to breakable
I'm done with this.

Have a good time Mathiew and keep us posted !

Last edited by Slimsh8t; 03-02-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Spelling