Search
Like Tree1Likes

NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin_M
Question on the E and Nitro version of the buggy. For those of you that run both nitro and electric can you feel any differences with the 2 cars? Does one out perform the other other than the run time ? I am debating on selling my nitro losi truggy and go just buggy.
We use the E buggy to find a better set up on the nitro. They both handle pretty much the same. On some tracks the E buggy is faster but on other the nitro is faster. It just gets the boy extra wheel time on the buggy and helps us find out what works and doesnt work.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

With your servo and battery being forward it will for sure be loose in the rear on 99% of tracks here in the states. This may not be all of your problem but it's hard to drive and will just plant the front and the rear comes around.

I agree that the stocker setup may not be the best. Try to start middle on everything and go more a long the lines of what was just posted a few post back and then work from there.

AB
Old 01-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default Agama Build

A few pages back a video was posted of the Agama that the young kid got for Christmas. He is a local in my area and he and his dad have really listened well and have put in a lot of time in the last 3-4 months since starting. Luke Sutton is his name and he is 11 years old. I have the chance to work with him and am spending a couple hours a night teaching him to build his own kit. I have always wanted to start with a young kid and help him grow. Luke, John, and I have a goal of top 20-30 at the Alabama Manufacturer Shootout in the Sportsman Buggy class. I posted some pics last night on facebook and many of you guys encouraged him, he was super pumped! Here is a few pics of the start of his Agama A8 build!

Old 01-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

alan, jason, gene, heres a question

what do you guys think about the r4 chassis, i tend to like my buggy on the safer side and nice and planted in the rear. does the longer chassis have a more foward weight bias, does that reduce the rear traction compared to the stocker.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Hobby Pro USA

Originally Posted by ABURTON
A few pages back a video was posted of the Agama that the young kid got for Christmas. He is a local in my area and he and his dad have really listened well and have put in a lot of time in the last 3-4 months since starting. Luke Sutton is his name and he is 11 years old. I have the chance to work with him and am spending a couple hours a night teaching him to build his own kit. I have always wanted to start with a young kid and help him grow. Luke, John, and I have a goal of top 20-30 at the Alabama Manufacturer Shootout in the Sportsman Buggy class. I posted some pics last night on facebook and many of you guys encouraged him, he was super pumped! Here is a few pics of the start of his Agama A8 build!

I built my first car when I was 11 - Tamiya Hornet. I had no help at all and it still ran! lol

You are lucky Luke, try to absorb everything Alan teaches you and you will have a big head start on most young racers.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:59 AM
Hobby Pro USA

Originally Posted by STUBYSLAP31

what do you guys think about the r4 chassis, i tend to like my buggy on the safer side and nice and planted in the rear. does the longer chassis have a more foward weight bias, does that reduce the rear traction compared to the stocker.
The R4 is 4mm longer on the rear. It also moves the engine & center diff a few MM's forward for more steering. It does have much less weight on the rear wheels, but a longer wheel base takes away steering and is more stable.

These 2 things seem to counter each other and makes the R4 have the same traction as stock, but better in the bumps and more stable over all. But that is just my opionion. I have had some locals try the R4 and say it made the car undriveable. But many of those who drove my buggy liked it. It does take a different setup since the weight bias is different. But me, Brandam, and Kort are all using the R4 chassis and like it. Smolnik is still using the stock chassis. It is just something that everyone needs to experiment with to see if they like it.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

In theory it would but setup your not going to notice and I think the positives will out weigh that concern. it should help some on rougher tracks, sweepers, etc. Honestly I tested very little with the stock chassis in the beginning and have always ran the R4.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

I think the R4 chassis is a good all around tunning option for the Agama buggy. The A8 has very good corner speed and steering so going to a longer chassis, which in theory would take some steering away, is not really going to be affected that much. The R4 chassis will make the car safer in that it will allow the car to cover more ground area which will make it more stable. It's really going to help on the rougher tracks and I have not noticed any rear traction loss with it. I have only limited time on the stock chassis and I feel it makes the car more agile and gives the car more steering. Of the two I like the R4 better so that is what I run just about everywhere.

This past weekend at the Warehouse race would have been a good situation for the stock chassis because the track was small and tight but still I had plenty of steering and traction with R4 so I stayed with it.

As Gene said the R4 chasis will give the car more forward weight bias because the rear has been extended which moves everything else forward as weight is concerned. And also as Gene said "It is just something that everyone needs to experiment with to see if they like it."
Old 01-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys,
the cars seem to be getting better and better each race. Team Agama will be very strong this year and with all of us working together, the A8 will just continue to get faster, I'm positive the car is capable of even more : ) I had a great time this past weekend at The Warehouse, Agama and Arrow Engines had an awesome showing at the race. Jason Branham had a great first outing with the new Beta tires and they look to be a big threat in the tire industry. I posted my set-up below, I seem to stay pretty close to this everywhere I go

Warehouse Raceway set-up

Diffs -4000 F, 5000 C, 2000R

Shocks - 1.3x8 hole tapered pistons (in all 4 shocks) (+2mm shock caps)

Shock oil - 40 in front, 35 in rear

Springs - Grey

Long shock ends

Middle hole on front tower and outter hole on arm

Middle hole on rear tower and outter hole on arm

12 degree caster blocks (stock).

+1 hubs in rear and stock in front

Inner hole on front caster block, middle on front tower.

Middle hole on rear upright, middle hole on tower.

Wheelbase: centered

Inserts:
front - 0 front rear, 0 front front
rear - 0 rear front, 0 rear rear

Jconcepts Punisher wing

2.3 front sway bar, 2.4 rear sway bar

battery in rear

Standard chassis

long ackerman plate

Droop:
front - 108mm
rear - 130mm

ride height:
F- 29mm
R- 28 mm

Jconcepts Punisher body

break bias - 40% front, 60% rear

Corey Johnson
Old 01-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

Thought those were the newer shock caps. Set up is close to what we run.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

For those of us burdened with running super long antennas (like Ko Propo), has anyone found a good way to route them?

I gave up having an antenna tube stick up out of the body... between over-rambunctious spotters and the sheer fact wrecking on the lid cracks the tube, I am keeping it inside. I shaped the antenna tube to follow the contour of the front window, which seems to work okay. Sometimes when I'm working, though, I'll end up breaking/cracking/bending it.

Was wondering if Agamanation had any better solutions.
Attached Thumbnails NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY-antenna_tube.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

what RX is it? why cant you pull most of the antenna into the box and then use a short piece of tube? I use airtronics stuff and the antenna wires are pretty short but I still just use about 2 inches of tube and cap it off with the antenna wire just dangling about 15MM's off the top. It fits good under my lid and I have never had any issues with glitches or failures.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

408S and 407S are the ones I use. I tried looping about half the antenna in the box but it seemed like I may have been having servo glitch issues (possibly Rx batt going dead, who knows) that day. Went back to older way and seemed fine. Probably worth a shot to try again; thought there may have been a super slick way people were holding out on.

Airtronics already come with super short antennas to begin with. Pretty jealous.

I saw a guy who ripped his antenna wire right off the Rx board on an older Futuba Spread Spectrum, then proceeded to run a whole race with no glitching. I was impressed.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If it glitches before I wouldn't take a chance again. Not worth it if you have a runaway. What about cutting the tube short under the lid and then bunching up the wire sticking out of the tube and secure it to the tube?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here is my Spektrum antenna tube. I get to run it short. But following the radio tray with a long tube would be best to keep it away from the body during a crash. When I ran Losi I could never keep an antenna tube together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.