Search
Like Tree1Likes

NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hangit62
Was wondering if a Tekin T8 truggy motor would fit in Agama buggy using the new hobby pro conversion ????
Works great, RX8 with the 1900kv buggy motor.

Nitro we run 17 or 18 bell stock 45 spur. I haven't yet tried the optional rear gearing.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default E Agama

Got an electric conversion up for sale, pics and posting in the for sale thread after work today....pm's welcomed.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dakilo
Thanks for the reply, I wrote down a few of the setups from here and will give them a try, I have noticed most like those diffs. anything you can tell me about the tandtspeedway track
Randy, I haven't been there myself, so really can't comment on it. But maybe some of these other guys have and can help ya out with info.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Hobby Pro USA

Default FSORS report

Raced Rnd 1 of the FSORS on Sat at Hurricane Raceway. I had tested the Beta V-Max and Cubez in soft and super soft, but have not got to run the others yet.

In practice, I ran the Super Soft Freerides. Normally I run Axman or Gripz in Ultra Flexx when the track is like this - cold, damp, slick/slimy groove early in the morning. Everything else pushes bad and is very loose. The Freeide was very hooked up and pushing but not loose. They would have been better if I had used them only in the rear and used Enforcer's up front like Josh Wheeler always runs - Blades/Axman. Also, AKA drivers use City Block/Ibeams for more steering.

Rnd 1 - I planned on running the Cubez but decided to run the super soft Enforcers because TQ of the sportsman class ran super soft AKA City Blocks and he looked good. The Enforcers were awesome. Tons of traction and steering. The track was damp off the groove and dusty in the line. They felt like a cross between a VP-Pro Axman and Blade as far as handling. I qualified 3rd even with 2 mistakes.

Rnd 2 - I ran the super soft V-Max. The track was still very clod (Temps in the 50's) and very dusty. They worked very good. Easy to drive, good traction and steering. They would be better when the track was warmer and more grooved up. I crashed off the track on the first lap so I had a bad run but the tires performed great and I did the same time as in rnd 1. That put me 6th on the grid for the main event.

A-main - Billy Easton was TQ, followed by Josh Tallmadge with Turbo Trax, Ryan Eckert with AKA's, Ryan Johnson with Hybrids, and JR Mitch also with JCs. Joey Perez and Stuart Shawl were also in the main with UF Axman on their Agamas. The main was run under the lights and the temps dropped into the 40's - freezing for FL weather. I went with super soft Cubez, although Enforcer/Freerides would have been better. My car was dialed the first 10 minutes and I worked my way up to 3rd, not far behind Eckert and Easton. Then, my car started to get loose as the track became dusty and colder/slicker. I was still fast, just a little loose. I carshed and dropped to 4th behind Mitch. In the last 20 minutes, I drove the best I could and caught Mitch and had a great battle for the rest of the main. We swapped the position several times and with 2 min to go, I got past him to take 3rd. Just then, Eckert broke a front arm or shock and I got past him with 1 min to go and held on to 2nd place.

This was the 3rd time in a row at a FL State Series race that I finished 2nd behind Easton, once with Ultra Flexx Turbo Trax, once on soft Cubez, and this time on super soft Cubez.

My Agama buggy was great and with the Beta super soft tires, I had great traction in the cold weather for the first time ever. Ultra Flexx works perfect when the track is warm, but are always loose in cold weather. Super Soft Beta tires will solve that problem for Hobby Pro USA drivers this year.

Last edited by Hobby Pro USA; 01-16-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hangit62
Was wondering if a Tekin T8 truggy motor would fit in Agama buggy using the new hobby pro conversion ????
Yes the truggy can fits. The truggy vs buggy length is about 7mm and with the motor hanging backward there is plenty of room to spare.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

That's good to hear Gene. I can't wait to try the new tires.
Alan Burton how's it going. I see we are running the same car. It's Keimon from Bermuda.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bermyboy
That's good to hear Gene. I can't wait to try the new tires.
Alan Burton how's it going. I see we are running the same car. It's Keimon from Bermuda.
Cheers! hahaha
Old 01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Does anybody have the part number for the long shock ends?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroad dude
AGM1112 - It comes with both.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

where did you put all the leftover parts when you built your kit? The Long shock ends come in the box
Old 01-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rsickles
AGM1112 - It comes with both.
Thanks I just saw that.

Are you guys running the stock radio tray?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks I just saw that.

Are you guys running the stock radio tray?
Yes, thats all that I know of. Run battery in back and RX up front for best results on our tracks.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Yes, thats all that I know of. Run battery in back and RX up front for best results on our tracks.

Hope this helps!
Ok thanks, I was talking about the carbon stuff for the radio tray.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Hobby Pro USA

Ok thanks, I was talking about the carbon stuff for the radio tray.
I use the vp pro carbon trays. It stiffens the chassis and takes weight off the right side.

Old 01-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by ROSCOE
Yes the truggy can fits. The truggy vs buggy length is about 7mm and with the motor hanging backward there is plenty of room to spare.
Thanks a ton !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.