Community
Wiki Posts
Search

novarossi poor customer service :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by David Alberico
maybe just busy? I tried sending Jim and email and never heard back this year, so maybe they have a lot going on?
The RC industry as a whole is having trouble with email. Don't know why.

I sent an email to one of the best distributors for nitrobuggy kits " Hey I'm missing this in your kit", address, phone #, email, left. Didn't get a response. Ordered the parts at amain (was in a hurry to get racing and they were cheap)

Sure enough they mailed the requested parts free of charge, arrived same day as the amain parts. Wish they would have replied to my email and said they were in the mail. Would have saved me a couple pesos.

Or I could have been more patient......
Old 10-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So you sent in an engine to be fixed on the 24th, and one week later it is not done so you lose your mind. They probably do not even have the parts in stock to fix it. I hate to say it but sometimes stuff cannot be fixed immediately.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by windellmc
So you sent in an engine to be fixed on the 24th, and one week later it is not done so you lose your mind. They probably do not even have the parts in stock to fix it. I hate to say it but sometimes stuff cannot be fixed immediately.
+1 four weeks for a OS vspec
Old 10-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

if hes busy then hes busy but do not string me along...I have been a very happy rb/novarossi owner check my signiture lol.

but on the "expensive" side of the coin all they had to do was send me a new mill and then they would be getting a thread talking about how top notch they are and would be getting my money for years to come as I would then buy another novarossi when its time...

but I will not SPEND ONE MORE DIME on this engine...already flushed 350.00 down the drain by the time I bought it and next day aired the engine to them...

I run a used car dealership I know customer service goes along ways. all of my cars are sold as is no warranty is every car that I have sold been perfect? well no thats impossible but when/if a customer had a issue I would take care of it and have had many repeat customers just for that reason was it a "warranty" item no.....but I couldnt just leave them high and dry after dropping 2k-10k...
Old 10-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just in case you don't know, OS don't even offer warranty on the high end racing engine. Not Vspec for sure!!!

Read this. Or go to towerhobbies website

****** Because of the expressed racing nature of this engine, ******
****** it is NOT covered by the O.S. 2 Year Warranty ******
****** per page 25 of manual ******

NovaRossi is definitely better in terms of giving warranty for their engine. So, plz don't tell me OS is better in customer service
Old 10-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Jim and Chris are great people to deal with. I know this to be a fact talked to Jim himself they are waiting for product to arive. I am sure your case is part of the stuff they are waiting for. I have had issues with my motor getting to hot and not making the power I expect out of it at the local track I run at and they both have been very patient with me trying to figure my issues out. Be patient I am sure you will be very happy with the outcome.

Bill Siler
Old 10-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

I already told Jim to ship my engine back this morning.

but good luck with your problems hope they can get you going in the right direction.

for me the sour taste is already in my mouth and its hard to get it out.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default X 100 !

Originally Posted by houston
Interesting. Poor attitude with the company you are trying to receive customer service with with is not a good idea guys . Jim is only a distributor for novarossi engines in the usa , he is not obligated to fix or repair any issue with the engines as warranty is supposed to be handled by novarossi italy direct . Anything jim or chris does as warranty here in the us is purely because jim is trying to just help the situation . So please guys , no bad mouthing novarossi , I have had many many engines from novarossi with no issues whatsoever ,
I am only an advocate for novarossi products because I believe in the high quality in production and design that novarossi puts forth

happy motorin',
monty houston
Well put Monty. I would never think of buying an engine anywhere except you!
Old 10-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

I am not bad mouthing Monty in any wasy shape or form!

he was more helpful with this engine then jim/chris have been! I have nothing but good words torwads Monty. he is a great aspect of this hobby and has been nothing but helpful to me.

Ryan
Old 10-02-2009, 03:12 PM
noR
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

I've had great success with Jim and Chris.

Too much loctite, broken crankshaft. Quick and simple resolution.

Of course, I wasn't expecting to get less than a 2 week turn-around on the issue either.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam
I am not bad mouthing Monty in any wasy shape or form!

he was more helpful with this engine then jim/chris have been! I have nothing but good words torwads Monty. he is a great aspect of this hobby and has been nothing but helpful to me.

Ryan
thanks for the kind words ryan and like i said , send me the engine and i will make it work , will personally put it in my cars and get it tuned in also . you could probably just have jim send it to me if you want .

you never know , it might just be getting fixed as we speak , novarossi engines are very high quality and do have great service if approached properly
Old 10-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Monty I appreciate all the help, but I just can not soend any more money on this engine. by the time I get crankcase/backplate, shipping "again" and pay for yourtime I will have 450.00 in this engine LOL just not feasable right now but thanks for the offer...and if novarossi makes right I will have this thread deleted but Jim told me to feel free about posting my experience with novarossi usa which is what really set me off
Old 10-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

I have had several GRP's that failed at 1 gal..... no warranty, even after they inspected and admitted the front seal was defective and they had several just like it..... well guess what GRP gets no more $$$$ from me.I believe in buying products from the company that gives you the best support.I also do not mind paying more for a product that has some type of warranty. I had an O.S. returned for a problem that I admitted was probably my Fault and guess what, they sent a brand new one as "good customer service". Guess what from now on I only buy O.S. and only recommend O.S. I guess they figure good customer service brings repeat business. Now how about Hi-tec... Does anybody out there like Hi-Tec?????? Why????? We are living in a new world where customer service is not really popular.... Lowest price seems to rule. Any one who manufactures anything knows that a dud will get by and when it does ..make it right.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

I know Jim has a great service and so does monty but how much can these guys do to make everyone happy .It is difficult to please everyone .Sometimes it take a long time to get parts from manufacturers as they ask you to order more than what you need .How can jim keep everything in stock from all the engines that nova manufactures it is rediculous.

What can we consider warranty on engines ?I thought once its been taken from the store and run in the warranty is gone right?

What's a factory defect and how can you prove it ?
It is difficult.

we had an engine with had alot of corrosion on the crank and the bearing to the state where we had corrosion flakes go through the engine and very lightly score the crank shaft,piston and sleeve.so is this warranty as the bearing failed from excessive corrosion which was caused 100% from fuel.
so in this situation who is responsable with the warranty ?the bearing company,the fuel company?who knows.

So guys it is difficult to please everyone and please understand

The problem at Novarossi has never been Cesare ,madam,malick or anyone else for the poor service It has always been Federico Barchi has been the problem at Novarossi from the day he was appointed at the company .From the day he was appointed Novarossi has failed in there quest to be the best and to me thats very sad as i believe they are the best and will always be the best .

Last edited by COBRARACING; 04-06-2010 at 04:42 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Hitec?

How did Hitec come up? All you have to do is mail your broken servos back and they send you new ones. Can't ask for more than that.

About the motor. I am sure they will try to make it right for you if you give them the chance. They are great people who always help the racer. However, I can't believe you would expect them to eat the cost and send you a new mill. They could have told you it was on you since you decided to pull the motor apart. But best of luck running something else if that's what you decide. There are other great motors out there but nothing like a Nova.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.