Community
Wiki Posts
Search

7.4v to a HiTEC 7955TG

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RJNicholson
Thats odd. I've been told by Hitech that the 7955 IS a part of the High Voltage line it just doesn't have the torque of a 7950.
Hitec's best servo just got better. Based on the powerhouse HS-5955TG servo the HS-7955TG has the added benefit of our G2 second generation programmable digital circuit. This new circuit has twice the resolution of our original circuit while adding programmable overload protection. The HS-7955TG has been designed for the most demanding hobby applications including the largest aircraft and monster trucks. Featuring a titanic 333oz./in. of torque at 6.0 volts, all this power is harnessed by incorporating the industries first Titanium gears for incredible wear resistance and two strong hardened steel gear pins and axial brass bushing in the servo case.

Hitec's strongest servo period, the "Ultra Torque" HS-7950TH is designed to operate on a two cell LiPo Pack. Featuring our high resolution "G2" second generation programmable digital circuit and our indestructible Titanium gears, The HS-7950TH has the performance and durability you've come to expect from a Hitec servo. Other features in the HS-7050TH include a 7.4v optimized coreless motor, integrated heat sink case, and a top case with two hardened steel gear pins supported by axial brass bushing.

Not to argue what works or not. But for the few people that do care, I was on the phone yesterday for a while with Hitec talking about the HV servos....

According to the information I recieved - the 7955 servos are not made or designed to handle the 7.4v. It has a G2 Digital Circuit which as a overload protector which is off by default. I was told that if you opted to turn this feature on, then the servos will not work with 7.4v. I was told that the servos have a voltage spike protector that allows it to handle TEMPORARY volt spikes of upto 9.6. But ist not meant to handle 9.6 constantly.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was able to get the search feature to work and came accrosss a post that stir's the pot again. Look at the third post.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/ask-hite...55-7965-a.html

The way I look at it is the 7955TG can run on 7.4v. But will shorten the lifespan of the servo.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shanty140
I was able to get the search feature to work and came accrosss a post that stir's the pot again. Look at the third post.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/ask-hite...55-7965-a.html

The way I look at it is the 7955TG can run on 7.4v. But will shorten the lifespan of the servo.

HUMMMMM - there seems to be a lot of mixed messages on here about this. I will leave it alone - the specs on the website that he say go to does not list the 7955 in ANY high voltage areas......sorry, but he say one thing but the hitech website say different. a friend of mine just got her 7955 sent back and they would not fix it due to the fact that he ran un- regualted.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

my bet is that the 7955 can withstand the higher voltage. they were making that claim before their high voltage line came out. now that it is out, they're less likely to make that claim since they'd probably rather you spend your $$ on the more expensive servo. i'm guessing the 7955 wasn't designed for the high voltage but is probably robust enough to withstand it.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

they used to have the 7955TG listed for speed and torque using a 7.4V lipo on their website
Old 09-29-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
my bet is that the 7955 can withstand the higher voltage. they were making that claim before their high voltage line came out. now that it is out, they're less likely to make that claim since they'd probably rather you spend your $$ on the more expensive servo. i'm guessing the 7955 wasn't designed for the high voltage but is probably robust enough to withstand it.
Well said and I agree
Old 09-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
HUMMMMM - there seems to be a lot of mixed messages on here about this. I will leave it alone - the specs on the website that he say go to does not list the 7955 in ANY high voltage areas......sorry, but he say one thing but the hitech website say different. a friend of mine just got her 7955 sent back and they would not fix it due to the fact that he ran un- regualted.

I would love to see the receipt claiming NO warranty on the specific servo's he sent in....i just know they wont back down on warranty due to 7955's being ran on lipo....there's WAYY too many hitec reps ALL over the net claiming they are fine for lipo...DESPITE there being no written proof on any package or on the site...the Rep's are more then informed enough to inform us of what's what...and like Billy T. from here on the tech to MikeMayberry , tohm over on RCU they all claim the 7955's are Lipo ready...here's a quote from tohm over on Rcu

ORIGINAL: tohm

We have tested the HS-7955 with 7.4V lipo packs and have not had any adverse problems. Many of our team drivers/pilots have been doing this for some time now. The spec sheets will probably not change, as they were written in 2007, way before we did actual testing with the higher voltages.

At 7.4V, the torque is 387oz/in and the speed is .13sec.

Tony Ohm
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Old 09-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by token
a friend of mine just got her 7955 sent back and they would not fix it due to the fact that he ran un- regualted.
That's highly unlikely... what's her/his name, I'll look up the repair?

7955's while not officially rated at 7.4v should have no issues running 2S unregulated. The 5955 is not as durable at that voltage but seems to hold up fine in most cases.

Mike.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Hitec servos have been very very good to me over the years and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anybody. I have personally been running unregulated lipo power for a while while with no issues even with 5998tg and 5985mg (replacement of the 5945mg)
Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
when there was a hitec forum, the rep stated they will warranty straight lipo to their 7955TG.. and only 7955 and other HV models.

something about the motor being robust enough to handle that much voltage
Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

I am going public with the following statement: I do solemnly swear to never use any servo manufactured by any other company than Hi-Tec. I will always recommend their servos to anyone who has money.I will quit the rc hobby before I would even consider running another servo.I will not jump from the drivers stand without my Cape.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
I am going public with the following statement: I do solemnly swear to never use any servo manufactured by any other company than Hi-Tec. I will always recommend their servos to anyone who has money.I will quit the rc hobby before I would even consider running another servo.I will not jump from the drivers stand without my Cape.
Goofball
Old 09-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

I love my 7955's.

I feed them 8.4 volts and named my steering servo "Buzzy" and my throttle servo "Lactose".
Old 09-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by houston
Goofball

But you gotta love em.

PS Thx for stoping by Mike....Much appreciated.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I love my 7955's.

I feed them 8.4 volts and named my steering servo "Buzzy" and my throttle servo "Lactose".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.