LIFEPO4 RX 6.4V BATTERY

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
what servos are you using?
JP mate!!!

I have run a 45minute main with no problems, also ran 6 * 10min qualifiers with no problems... I put approx 700mA back in after the main and my servos are Futaba 9350 for throttle and 9351 for steering with a Futaba reciever.

I think the .4V will do any harm, remember a 5cell 6V pack will be over 6V for a period anyway.

I should mention that these batts are light, 70grams I think it weighed in at, I shaved 60grams from my 1600NiMh.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpalessi
yea I heard Wayne had a run away FEMCA, thats why i'm asking.... ?? anyone ??
Wayne had a runaway because the battery wasn't plugged in properly.

Now they have learn't not to let anyone touch there cars unless its his father or wayne himself .

it was unintentional and these things happen under pressure no one is to blame.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

Just an update on the batteries .everyone who ordered and will receive soon please place your battery on charge with lifep04 setting you will notice that it will only probably take only a small amount of MAH but that is normal as the batteries come charged from the factory .

so please dont be alarmed that they only take a slight MAH they are fine as they are already charged .

ok thank you once again for your time

regards Angelo
Old 08-04-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

Just an update on the batteries .everyone who ordered and will receive soon please place your battery on charge with lifep04 setting you will notice that it will only probably take only a small amount of MAH but that is normal as the batteries come charged from the factory .

so please dont be alarmed that they only take a slight MAH they are fine as they are already charged .

regards Angelo
Old 08-04-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

cobraracing: email sent. thanks.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:26 AM
xb8
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Hi Guys

regards Angelo

Guys, I just bought a new Bantam BC6 charger and the instruction manual is not helpful. How do i setup the LiFe charger to charge the LiFep04 battery? Charge it at what mah, voltage and how many C? Do we need to discharge the LiFep04? If yes, how often and at what mah? Do we need to balance charge the LiFep04? Many thanks..to those who replied.

Last edited by xb8; 08-04-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xb8
Guys, I just bought a new Bantam BC6 charger and the instruction manual is not helpful. How do i setup the LiFe charger to charge the LiFep04 battery? Charge it at what mah, voltage and how many C? Do we need to discharge the LiFep04? If yes, how often and at what mah? Do we need to balance charge the LiFep04? Many thanks..to those who replied.

The bantam charger should have an auto setting .But anyway follow this .

choose life on the menu
plug in the balanced lead and the positive and negative lead of the battery and charger
you can charge it at 10amps if the charger can charge that high
c rating at 5C
you can discharge the battery as it has no low voltage cutoff like lipo
discharge at 2-3 amps or lower
you can discharge as many times as you like but i would recommend say every 50 charge cycles is more than enough.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys

we will also have in a weeks time hump packs at about 1300mah for the losi and d8 and what i mean is a smaller pack to make it much easier to fit without slight mods.

also did you guys know the real reason why your lipo's burn your regulators and servo's it's because fully charged lipo's even though they drop off voltage in the first 2 minutes hold a voltage of 8.4volt the nominal voltage is 7.4v but its those two minutes when your servos and receiver are switch on that causes all the damage .

The damaged is caused on the motor not the electronics as servo's can run up to 9volts depending if you are using a mcu or Fr6461 they are the ic's if you want to know.Heat destroys the laminations between the windings of the motor thus causing the motor in time to short and sending back emf to the electronics burning eveything out in the servo .

just some little info for you to understand servos.Also servo's they say have a brushless motor yes that is true but the electronics is a modified brushed system to run the the brushless motor so there isnt a true brushless servo out there yet .Im sure Hobbywing the makers of speed passion and other major esc brands will be the first with a true brushless servo.

regards Angelo
Old 08-06-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xb8
settings for bantam 6 charger

Charge lifep04

press batt type until you reach setting program user settings.
press enter
you will see lipo come up top left corner
press dec button will take you to (life) inc buttom take you to (lilo)
press enter

now you have the lifepo4 setting always in your batt type

you have to do the same sequence again to go back to lipo if you need to charge lipo again .

This will help you understand your charger

In this hidden user settings you have many fuctions go through it and take a look.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Buyying your batteries

I was mondering where I can purchase your batteries in California. What the price would be? Please email me back at [email protected] I emailed you 3 or 4 days ago from an [email protected] account and have not heard back from you other than the email you sent saying it was late then and you would email me later. I need to purchase 2 batteries and would like to buy your stuff but am running out of time.

Thanks
Bill Siler
Old 08-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So are these in the US yet? I guess I would rather have the 1300 hump when it comes as I run the D8 Angelo so please if you can let me know when i can get 1 of these, thank you.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I received my battery today. It fits the Z01-B battery box very well and is a lot lighter than I expected. The battery came completely charged according to my Turnigy charger.

I'll run it tomorrow and report back.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mthird
I received my battery today. It fits the Z01-B battery box very well and is a lot lighter than I expected. The battery came completely charged according to my Turnigy charger.

I'll run it tomorrow and report back.
They do come fully charged as they sit on a test rack for 7 days see which are linear with voltage drop and current drop .ones with spikes are rejected .

Please top them up once you receive them just for a little boost

keep me informed with your test run .

regards Angelo
Old 08-08-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ive picked up a 1400 mah from Josh and Dave. it fits the MBX6 battery tray. but is very snug for my liking, as I do like to put some foam around the battery to prevent wire chaffing etc. is there another stick pack of lower Mahs that will be shorter..its only a few mm . perhaps 3 mm...also are there TX packs available for the sanwa M11 ?

Last edited by tommo; 08-08-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tommo
Ive picked up a 1400 mah from Josh and Dave. it fits the MBX6 battery tray. but is very snug for my liking, as I do like to put some foam around the battery to prevent wire chaffing etc. is there another stick pack of lower Mahs that will be shorter..its only a few mm . perhaps 3 mm...also are there TX packs available for the sanwa M11 ?
Dear Tommo

There is no need for foam or a smaller pack the reason why is there is zero vibration in a snug fit its when a battery can move around that will cause chaffing and static electricity also heat.

In Large scale Airplanes like Jumbo jets yes chaffing is always a factor as there extreme pressure and vibration at any given time .

As you know Dave runs the battery and so does wayne and they have no issues dont forget foam also causes heat and doesnt allow the battery to breath .These batteries are also impact resistant especially that they will not get damaged or explode like lipo .
Also don't forget foam and velcro cause static electricity so can you imagine when your battery moves around in the box with the foam what happens.Batteries and static electricity just dont mix .

Most of our tests have involved hammers and hacksaws so im sure you understand were im coming from.

And Yes we will have tx packs for the futaba and sanwa soon.

regards Angelo

Last edited by COBRARACING; 08-08-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.