Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

is it just me or can we not see the pics anymore
Old 06-29-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah i can't see them anymore
Old 06-29-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I think he blew up photobucket! Someone needs to help this guy post host his pics.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
I think he blew up photobucket! Someone needs to help this guy post host his pics.

he maxed out his allowable amount of MB's on his acct.....he's gotta upgrade Or Make a new acct And or delete some of his old stuff to get the Old pics back up and running.>>>GET on it Tigre...i was out racing this weekend and haven't seen shit in the last 2 page's.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Default need to see the pictures

I just found this thread, and I am sick that I can not see any of the pictures.

Please see what you can do to re-host them.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Dont panic people...Apparently my AWESUMNESS exceeded their bandwidth. Just upgraded to a pro account which has unlimited bandwidth...
Old 06-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

cool I was but now I'm
Old 06-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cary
cool I was but now I'm
How are liking your RC8B? How does it handle compared to the RC8? I'm gonna get another RC8 or RC8B for my racer and relagate my current buggy to my practice car. I keep breakin shitz during the mains and I know it's from wear and tear from weekly practicing at the track
Old 06-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

man I'm loving it it is a whole different car than my rc8 I was in
the same boat braking parts and all have three race days on it now
and no problems as of now we will see the harder you push it the faster it goes you will like it when you get one
Old 06-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

This is the laminate for the countertops. I got it from Home Depot.

It's called Satin Silver and looks like brushed aluminum except it's more pimp cause it has "Satin" in the name. A 5x12 sheet and 4x8 sheet ran me $224

I like the 5x12 sized sheets cause I can rip it in half and cover 80% of my counterspace with just one sheet with a minimum of seams

With a sheet this long, you need to mark out your measurements about every 3ft to make sure that your line is straight

Here I'am about make the cut. For those who don't know, when you cut laminate, you need to turn it over and cut on the backside and tape over the portion that you're going to cut to prevent chipping.

Here is the sheet for the left counter. SInce I'm covering the edges with metal trim, I'm not worry about the exactness of the cut.

Now I'm about to make the cut for the right counter

Looks good. I'm going to have to mark off the 45 degree angles and then re-cut

Ah much much better

Now comes the tricky part. I'm going to have to remove the front counter, draw out the shape on the 4x8 sheet and then cut it out

Looks good

The left counter is 14ft which left me about 2ft short. I'm going to cut the 2ft out of what's left of the 4x8 sheet

With the laminate cut and laying flat. I can't turn my attention to the encasement. Before I can install the front counter, I need to cut a hole in the bottom of the encasement to route the power cords for the AC and TV.

Due to the weird angle and the possiblity of hitting a electrical wire, I'm using a drill to "drill out" the hole using multiple drill holes

I found the grey cover in Home Depot by accident. I have no idea what the hell it's actually used for...

I hung my buggy and truggy to make sure I have enough clearance for the TV. I mark the holes for the bracket and hang the TV to check for fit

BOOYAH BEEOTCHES!!!

I'm making the holes for the flatscreen bracket

TV is hung and looks good. With the AC and TV power cords routed and the encasement bolted in place, I can screw the main switch and outlets into the boxes

Much better. The encasement is done so I can start installing the laminate

However, before I can lay the laminate I need to clean the sheet and the counter surface of debris and sawdust

I'm using contact cement gel adhesive to install the laminate. Here I'am putting the cement on the laminate sheet using a paint brush. It is important that you apply this stuff in a well ventalated area and keep away from flames or sparks. The fumes that this stuff gave off had me cussing out the pink elephants that were helping me lay this stuff, because they were union, and kept demanding their every 20 min smokebreak

Now I'm spreading it on the counter

You need to give the adhesive 15-20 min of drying time before you install it. So while the front counter is drying, I'm cleaning the left counter and getting it ready

When the adhesive is dry to the touch, you're ready to lay the laminate. Notice the little wood dowels on the counter. When you install the laminate, you need to have something between the counter and the laminate so when you lay the sheet on the counter, you can position it before you install it. Once the sheet touches the counter, the bond is instantaneous and you can't remove the sheet without possibly breaking it.

Start from the middle and remove the dowels one at a time while pressing down on the sheet to establish the bond. The front sheet is on and it isn't going anywhere

Now I'm applying adhesive to the left counter and the laminate sheet

Once again the wood dowels are a life saver. Especially with the 12 ft piece that was hard to manipulate because it kept flopping everywhere and the pink elephants were on another frickin smoke break. Eventually everything fit right into place

Here I'am brushing adhesive to the right counter top

Here I'am brushing adhesive to the right counter laminate

Removing the dowels to install the right countertop

Oh yeah...looks good

I'm trimming the edges with my dremel

With the laminate laid, I can now smother this sucka in pimp sauce. To cover the edges I'm using metal stair edge trim that runs about $7 for a 8ft section

I'm starting with the front counter

cutting the trim

test for fit. Looks good

Normally when you install metal edge trim, you run the screws into the side of whatever you're putting the trim on. However to mix things up I'm going to flip the trim over and run the screws through the top

Now that looks good

left side trim is done. Now for the wall edge

To cover the gap between the wall and the laminate, I'm using metal seaming that runs about $7. I'm keeping with the bolts up top theme

DAMN!!!! that's hot shitz!!!

The screws running out the top really set the counter off

I'm installing the metal seaming in the front counter

Man, this is turning out so good....

With the left side and front done, I can tackle the left counter which is going to be a MOFO because of the multiple angles

It took about 30 min but it's done and looks good. On to the backwall

Same drill. Run the metal seaming along the back wall

The right counter is the $100 hooker in this pimp stable. I can believe how good it came out

There's a seam between the front and left counter that is totally visible and will collect dirt and debris over time, so I decided to cover it

It just keeps getting better and better

Same for the seam in the back

the cabinets I brought came with rubber bumpers. Since I didn't use all of them. I'm puttin the extra ones on the corners. Just that little attention to detail that will keep the skin on my thighs

COUNTERS ARE GO!!!!!

Can I get a AMEN!!!! from the left side of the chruch!!

Can I get a WITNESS ifrom the right side of the chruch!!

Looks like KITT from Knight Rider is going to drive up the ramp any second

Counters are done. At this point, I'm 90% done. Sound system and ceiling are next. Stay tuned

Old 06-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thats awsome...never seen one that kool
Old 06-29-2009, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Unbelievable! Awesome work! I'd think that interior is too nice to use for its intended purpose!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

WOW!!! That thing looks amazing. You need to start a new show, "Pimp my pit trailer!"

Amazing job, you are a pro at pit trailers.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sweet trailer all you missing is mini sub-zero frige or is that next on the list

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.