Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
But a Losi pipe on a Mugen!? lol
Yeah.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi Guys,
So is the Dynamite 086 pipe similar to the Ofna 086 pipe? I have a friend looking at picking up a .21bf, but I think a hard anaodized pipe would look better on his buggy and the Ofna only comes in Chrome.
Thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ittjv
Hi Guys,
So is the Dynamite 086 pipe similar to the Ofna 086 pipe? I have a friend looking at picking up a .21bf, but I think a hard anaodized pipe would look better on his buggy and the Ofna only comes in Chrome.
Thanks!
Yup they are basically the same pipe. The dynamite pipes are certainly the best value, and strongest pipes.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

hm let me ask...

I'm on a budget and i'm thinking about the Nova 21BF and Dynamite Hardcoated 086 pipe to pull my Hyper ST PRO.

will nova get it around ? racing ofc.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiktor0410
hm let me ask...

I'm on a budget and i'm thinking about the Nova 21BF and Dynamite Hardcoated 086 pipe to pull my Hyper ST PRO.

I think you'd be better off with the 053. That's a pretty heavy truck for that mill. The 053 will help it out on the bottom.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

yeah, it's heavy, that's true... so i'm afraid that this nova won't be the best choice for me
Old 07-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

OS Vspec w/ the losi pipe RE11.

This would be the best bet - and you can learn to drive it and hang with most at your track - with the nova - you will be replacing once you get bored
Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wiktor0410
hm let me ask...

i will tell you right now that an n21bf limited paired w/086hs pipeset will feel more like a high dollar engine . engine-155$ , pipeset 58$= 213$ total , pretty good deal

you can spend a couple extra bucks on getting a tuned version and it will be much faster .
Old 07-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

So two weekends ago we had a race and one of the guys jumped up and said he wanted to run with the "Big Doggs" "pros", he was talking about a class where the cheapest engine was a Vpec - beside his Nova 21BF. He "thought" he would be able to run with use. The track we was on is a wide open track with 2 straights over 200ft and on straight that is 150ft. also the main jump is 46ft long - with an apporach of 35ft. For a truggy he could not keep up, and Im not talking about pipe to pipe either. he was running , but truggies are heavier and the Hyper Pro is even heavier.

So IMO i dont think that nova will really power your truggy
Old 07-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
So two weekends ago we had a race and one of the guys jumped up and said he wanted to run with the "Big Doggs" "pros", he was talking about a class where the cheapest engine was a Vpec - beside his Nova 21BF. He "thought" he would be able to run with use. The track we was on is a wide open track with 2 straights over 200ft and on straight that is 150ft. also the main jump is 46ft long - with an apporach of 35ft. For a truggy he could not keep up, and Im not talking about pipe to pipe either. he was running , but truggies are heavier and the Hyper Pro is even heavier.

So IMO i dont think that nova will really power your truggy
no it wont keep up on a huge national or worlds size track

even the badass 490$ engines feel underpowered on those kind of tracks token

for your average tracks with normal features this engine combo will be just fine ............. guaranteed

for worlds style tracks or national style tracks you will want more

Last edited by houston; 07-20-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I race here:

seems to be fast, but actually there is only one long straight.

ehh don't know I'm not convinced yet nova is nova, great quality, but my truggy is pretty heavy (4.4kg race ready) so...

on the one hand i do not need any super powerful mill such as Toro Nero, but on the other hand i do not want to slouch across the track. i need an engine to compare with my current axe rossi mamba (no X1, no hotmod, basic mamba). simply, I don't want to be disappointed.

maybe someone could show me any vid with this nova in a truggy, or something...
Attached Thumbnails O.S. Vspec or Novarossi .21 bf limited?-aktualnosc_big_54.jpg  

Last edited by wiktor0410; 07-20-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by houston
no it wont keep up on a huge national or worlds size track

even the badass 490$ engines feel underpowered on those kind of tracks token

for your average tracks with normal features this engine combo will be just fine ............. guaranteed

for worlds tracks or national tracks you will want more

This is not a national or world level track, this track was built for and caters to new/rookies, thats why its so open, and is stupid fast for the experienced racer. But its certain features that the NOVA didnt have the low end for - something that the Vspec had no problems with.
I just feel that if a person seriouly want to get in to the hobby, and understand quality from bling or name then - save the money and get something good. Not saying go out and spend a mil on an engine but I thought the topic was between the os and nova- my recommendation would be hands down - OS Vspec