Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madmaxx
gee i wonder how those guy's won all those race's and championship's using such heavy, ill handling POS!

just because something is older and half the price does not make it a POS.

for the record you can get both the matrix TR FRE and the st-1 pro roller for less than $350! fully hopped up! just do your setup (oil's/shock's/alignment angle's) and add your mill, pipe and electric's and you are on the track with a REAL competitor! and extra cash in your pocket

all these "new" high priced ride's are just to cover up for the lack of tuning/driving that most people have.

you can put a bad driver/tuner in a good car and he will do fairly well. that's a given

put that same driver in a truggy that need's some time spent on setup and watch him FAIL.

it's that simple

just my $0.02
My CEN did not come with the billet knuckles and C-hubs, and the provided ones from factory are very weak..The CEN billet upgrades are very pricey and push the cost of the CEN up...My CEN also had an issue with dog bones popping out if I didn't have the shock positions just right.. what a hassle it was to have my dog bones bind up and chew up my outdrives..... Not to mention my CEN was very heavy and required significantly more motor then my mugen did.. All in all i am much faster with my Mugen MBX5T then I ever was with my CEN, and these days my MBX5T is very outdated compared to todays top truggies... I don't care what anyone says there is a difference between the older machines and the newer machines, and buying a older machine will only put you at a disadvantage vs the newer machines.... All driving equal the newer machines are much superior in almost every way...
Old 04-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Sorry I didnt mean to seem defensive, Jamminkrazy, I was just trying to understand your points better, as I was a bit confused I suck at communicating
On the metric vs SAE, 3mm is larger than 3/32, and 2.5 is close. If its quality hardware and appropriately spec'd by Engineers then stripping shouldn't be a problem
Yeah but the majority of hardware on a metric chassis is 2mm. On a standard chassis, the majority of the hardware is 3/32. So in reality, a standard chassis uses more large hardware. That was the point I was trying to make.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Maximo
My CEN did not come with the billet knuckles and C-hubs, and the provided ones from factory are very weak..The CEN billet upgrades are very pricey and push the cost of the CEN up...My CEN also had an issue with dog bones popping out if I didn't have the shock positions just right.. what a hassle it was to have my dog bones bind up and chew up my outdrives..... Not to mention my CEN was very heavy and required significantly more motor then my mugen did.. All in all i am much faster with my Mugen MBX5T then I ever was with my CEN, and these days my MBX5T is very outdated compared to todays top truggies... I don't care what anyone says there is a difference between the older machines and the newer machines, and buying a older machine will only put you at a disadvantage vs the newer machines.... All driving equal the newer machines are much superior in almost every way...
That is the exact point I was trying to make. The newer tech is faster, and at this point, you would be stupid to buy an older truck.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Yeah but the majority of hardware on a metric chassis is 2mm. On a standard chassis, the majority of the hardware is 3/32. So in reality, a standard chassis uses more large hardware. That was the point I was trying to make.

2mm Really? Thats kinda small.
I can't speak for all metric chassis but the X2 has about 6 2mm screws, 4 in the radio tray and 2 in the brake servo horn. The majority are 3mm and 4mm, about 50/50.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Anytime you get a thread such as this you are going to get a bunch of guys who come on and praise there item of choice and bash is competitor. Well being that I own a RC8, RC8T, RC10B44, and RC10T4... Here goes, I have noticed a couple things 1.) There are a lot of Slosi guys posting & 2.) AE is getting no love... My conclusion is simply this. The "S-LOSI" guys have so much extra time on there hands to type "HYPE" posts, because the E, D, C, and Bmains run before the Amains. So they have so much extra time to make it home and get in front of there computers. LMAO
Old 04-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default ae

AMEN!!! GO ae!!!!Woo! Hoo!
Old 04-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

keep in mind that they are revising the rc8t just like the rc8 to the rc8b... different steering geometry and battery placement... just another pain in the ass and more money to spend IMO... but this is not biased by any means... AE makes some nice rides
Old 04-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Us S losi guys have more time on our hands because we aren't always fixing our delicate AE rides,,,,LOL
Old 04-29-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by trimble
Anytime you get a thread such as this you are going to get a bunch of guys who come on and praise there item of choice and bash is competitor. Well being that I own a RC8, RC8T, RC10B44, and RC10T4... Here goes, I have noticed a couple things 1.) There are a lot of Slosi guys posting & 2.) AE is getting no love... My conclusion is simply this. The "S-LOSI" guys have so much extra time on there hands to type "HYPE" posts, because the E, D, C, and Bmains run before the Amains. So they have so much extra time to make it home and get in front of there computers. LMAO
I agree with pooldoc. Us losi guys have much more time than you ASSIATED guys because we spend half the time working on our cars, because they don't fall apart like ASSIATEDS do.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

LMAO now thats funny...
Old 04-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I agree with pooldoc. Us losi guys have much more time than you ASSIATED guys because we spend half the time working on our cars, because they don't fall apart like ASSIATEDS do.
LOL...Even Losi themselves know that isn't true hince the "2.0's". I haven't broken not one part on my RC8T. I have had it since the day it was released. On the other hand everyone I race with that drives a SLOSI( buggy or truggy), has problems bending and breaking hinge pins, frt. shock shafts, they slop up ultra quick, and the 1.0's blew through throttle servos stripped pinions, I can go on. Dont get me started on there 10th scale crap and there tranny problems...I dont know bout you but I'd say the losi is the one with the durability issues. The only way you can possibly wrench less on a Losi than an Associated is to simply but another Associated.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

LOL...Even Losi themselves know that isn't true hince the "2.0's". I haven't broken not one part on my RC8T. I have had it since the day it was released. On the other hand everyone I race with that drives a SLOSI( buggy or truggy), has problems bending and breaking hinge pins, frt. shock shafts, they slop up ultra quick, and the 1.0's blew through throttle servos stripped pinions, I can go on. Dont get me started on there 10th scale crap and there tranny problems...I dont know bout you but I'd say the losi is the one with the durability issues. The only way you can possibly wrench less on a Losi than an Associated is to simply but another Associated.
I am sorry, but you are talking about the 2.0's? How long has the losi 1.0 buggy been out? How long has the rc8 been out? The rc8 has a new version now. The rc8 factory team or whatever they are calling it. They both have had issues, that is the reason for the new versions. The rc8t factory team won't be too far behind. I broke VERY few parts on my 8T 1.0 that I have had since day 1. It's just some good ol losi/associated rivalry fun.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default ae

Amen!! Woo!! Hoo!!
I did break a front hub but thats it and thats because my servo saver was too tight!!! Other than that no problems!! Iam pretty sure i will....but iam on the track running ( )down a Losi trying to lap them again!! LMAO!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just recently picked up the RC8T and I love it!

There are 2 guys locally that have Eight 2.0s and in my first ever race, after having the car for 4 hours and barely getting it broken in I kept up with them the entire race and beat 1 of them.

The car has plenty of power right out of the box with the .28 and I havn't had a single problem with it with around 4 gallons of fuel (nitrotane) ran through it

Also I went with the AE to have something different since everyone seems to want the 2.0

both seem like solid truggies and you really can't go wrong with either IMO
Old 04-29-2009, 07:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

hype?
dude, I owned a rc8t, it had the battery mod and steering mod..I did'nt like it, it's that simple.....it didnt fit my driving style.............the Losi is dialed, I dont care what anyone else runs or likes or says......it's all about what I like and what feels better to me and what im faster/more consistent with.......the Losi won hands down for ME

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.