Wiki Posts
Search

Truggy Shootout

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 04:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by RUF-VK
I think the MUGEN and XRAY will be the best truggies to get because of the fact that they have been released later means a newer truggy which will have its advanatages over the others.
I assume you mean the regular xt8 considering that the xt8 09 isnt out yet... which doesnt make much sense cuz that car is a bit old now unless im missing something
Old 04-29-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by RyyRyy
I assume you mean the regular xt8 considering that the xt8 09 isnt out yet... which doesnt make much sense cuz that car is a bit old now unless im missing something
If it's not out yet than how do I and my bud's have em and have for 3 weeks?

The devil is in the details. The small things they did to the XT8 made it a new animal. Why start over when you can take a solid platform and improve it? And I never get peoples complaints about parts support. I NEVER have had any problems getting what I need. LHS having parts is nice but I am self sufficient and never rely on them to have what I need. Plus the online community and the support you get from Rocco and the guys is the best here is bar none. Go to Xrays site and you will see thousands of set up sheets to help you. After you own Xray everything else is a bit of a let down IMO.

That said the Losi 2.0 is SICK. I can't belive I am saying that. If they would just go metric like the rest of us and wouldn't have to buy more tools.................
Old 04-29-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The newest Truggy is the Z-Car Technology Z-Truggy ZMXT-8
Its got a lot of unique features and is not a copy of something else for sure
Old 04-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

except LRP sells the Z car and truggy in europe lol

I ran a kyosho truggy for a long time, in about twelve gallons I broke a front arm a c-hub, stripped a knuckle and broke a few tanks. Somehow put over twelve gallons on the original ring and pinnion gears, while everyone was stripping them like crazy.

The 2.0 losi Is a nice peice of work, if I were to buy a truck It would be either a 2.0 or an st-rr
Old 04-29-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how come no CEN matrix TR, thunder tiger st-1 or new LRP Z car?
Old 04-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by slaytanic
If it's not out yet than how do I and my bud's have em and have for 3 weeks?

The devil is in the details. The small things they did to the XT8 made it a new animal. Why start over when you can take a solid platform and improve it? And I never get peoples complaints about parts support. I NEVER have had any problems getting what I need. LHS having parts is nice but I am self sufficient and never rely on them to have what I need. Plus the online community and the support you get from Rocco and the guys is the best here is bar none. Go to Xrays site and you will see thousands of set up sheets to help you. After you own Xray everything else is a bit of a let down IMO.

That said the Losi 2.0 is SICK. I can't belive I am saying that. If they would just go metric like the rest of us and wouldn't have to buy more tools.................

well that may be, but everywhere i see the 09 spec is on backorder... so that must have got some of the first batch some how... and im not saying its a bad truggy so chill out lol... just saying i dont see anywhere to get it yet... I like x-ray but i think there are better trucks out there
Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RUF-VK
I think the MUGEN and XRAY will be the best truggies to get because of the fact that they have been released later means a newer truggy which will have its advanatages over the others.
Sorry, but no. The xray is really an old design that has just been updated. The mugen is a completely new design, but is not out yet. I have heard several stories of when it will be out. I have heard the end of this month but I have also heard the end of may. The losi 8T 2.0 is one of the newest truggies. It has only been out for a couple of months. Just enough time for everyone to have figured all of the little quirks out for you. You can do what you want, but your above info is incorrect.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by madmaxx
CEN= POS

TTR= POS

Z-car= not very popular. Very hard to find parts for.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

The reason I haven;t mentioned any of the other truggies is because of the POOR part support over here in Australia. The XRAY XT8 '09' and MUGEN MBX6T and Jammin/Hong Nor X2 CRT and LOSI EIGHT T 2.0 are far more superior truggies in part support in comparison to LRP, Tamiya, Kyosho, Odonneld etc.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
CEN= POS

TTR= POS

Z-car= not very popular. Very hard to find parts for.
lol i LOVE this mentallity! it's people like you that keep this hobby going! good job

none of those 3 are a "POS" as you state, they just are not popular because everyone think's they need a $700 roller to go fast

the Z car is fairly new, i think maybe only a couple month's old? so give it a lil' time! plus it's LRP's first truggy AFAIK

O/P you're right part support is something to keep in mind as well
Old 04-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Also I have seen CEN matrix truggies shit all over MUGEN AND XRAY AND LOSI's bear in mind it is the driver. BUT I still want to get a top of the line chassis because I know the only problem is me.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

lol i LOVE this mentallity! it's people like you that keep this hobby going! good job

none of those 3 are a "POS" as you state, they just are not popular because everyone think's they need a $700 roller to go fast

the Z car is fairly new, i think maybe only a couple month's old? so give it a lil' time! plus it's LRP's first truggy AFAIK

O/P you're right part support is something to keep in mind as well
I never said the Z car was a POS. I think it could be a great truggy, but just not practical if you can't find parts for it.

As for the other two, well it's plain and simple they are old and can't compete with today's truggies. For bashing, maybe they would be OK, but when it comes to racing they just don't fit the bill. And I am sure there are things that can be done to them to make them fast, but once you start pouring $$ into them, you will never stop. By the time you make either of those 2 trucks competitive, you would have dumped enough $$ into them to have bought that 700 dollar roller. Besides, your telling me you can find parts for those 2 easily? I don't think so.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have owned the CEN.... its a POS, a major POS...its heavy as hell, doesn't handle worth beans, doesn't jump well, and by the time you buy the needed billet upgrades it ends up costing as much as the better machines like a Mugen.... IMO its not a very competitive chassis, my Mugen MBX5T runs circles around it....
Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

LOL The TTR truggy is a five or six year old design, If anyone still has one its only because they cant sell them.

Out of the box the CEN IS a turd.

The reasoning behind everyone that switches to the newer trucks is because the old stuff is discontinued, It usually has nothing to do with speed.
Think about it would you rather get a mugen MBX5 or MBX6 both cars are fast and wont limit you, its just that one is still suported
Old 04-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Sorry, but no. The xray is really an old design that has just been updated. The mugen is a completely new design, but is not out yet. I have heard several stories of when it will be out. I have heard the end of this month but I have also heard the end of may. The losi 8T 2.0 is one of the newest truggies. It has only been out for a couple of months. Just enough time for everyone to have figured all of the little quirks out for you. You can do what you want, but your above info is incorrect.

yeah, thats why i was saying he had to be talking about the 09 xt8 cuz the regular xt8 isn't in the same league as the other trucks mentioned

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.