Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Can us here at R/Ctech help a soldier that is going to afgahnistan? *PLEASE READ* >

Can us here at R/Ctech help a soldier that is going to afgahnistan? *PLEASE READ*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can us here at R/Ctech help a soldier that is going to afgahnistan? *PLEASE READ*

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I forgot to mention that Tim said that he would sell the equipment at cost. My fault for not mentioning that. I think that's a great deal.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hitman Racing 1
I like nitrohouse, but are they willing to match the 379 price at dirtcheap rc?
I mean thats $100 dollars worth of parts he could buy, and it might be easier for people to hit send money on paypal than call nitrohouse. Dont bash me for this just asking what people thaught?
Originally Posted by Jaz240
Wow, Is Nitrohouse $100 more than dirtcheep? I thought they had good prices, lol..I would definitely go with the less expensive place..seems like we are close to $379, but another $100 may take a few days..Someone needs to just step up and make a choice..I am pretty sure we will follow..if you ask everyone for opinions (like Me) its just going to delay everything..Lets put an end to the donations..say March 31st...and then on April 1st..army Medic can call whoever we all gave the money to and order his T-maxx, or if he's smart a Truggy, LOL..I am pretty sure that by 3/31/09 there should be more than enough cash in his fund to get whatever he wants....

I personally think that we should stick with Nitrohouse. I have no affiliation with them nor have I ever ordered anything from them. However if everybody starts bickering about price and how it is cheaper than A, B or C store then everyone will lose interest and the whole meaning of this thread will be lost. Keep it simple.... Anyone that wants to donate call Nitrohouse and donate. Everyone knows that Nitrohouse is a reputable shop (they have been around for a while) so they feel safe to make a donation and it's easily tracked. Joey called and set this up, so the longer it takes to make a decision means the less money that will be donated and the longer it will take to get his stuff replaced....period! I also believe that the deadline should be March 31, to get donations in. I'm definitely not trying to take control but with something like this someone has to. Since the call was made to Nitrohouse then that's where people should call to donate. Soooo...

Everyone that wants to donate call Nitrohouse 1-800-928-0304.
Say that you would like to donate to the army medic fund.
At the end of March 31st, he (armymedic) can call in and order whatever he wants.

No offense to anyone, but I for one feel way more confident donating money to reputable hobby shop than some one's personal PayPal account.
KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!

A very BIG THANK YOU to all of our men and women fighting for us and our great country!!! God Bless you All!!!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Remember this is being sold at cost by Nitrohouse.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

cost will be alot cheaper then anywhere else i vote for Nitrohouse i have ordered from them in the past and they have great customer service and advice!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Nitro House it is

Agreed Nitro House it is. Call it in or if the guy with 60 trader rating would please give his paypal account and then he can just do one call.

I'll paypal the $ to him so what is his paypal account?

Sorry about the phone issue, but I'm out of the country.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Yep nitro house it is. I have personally spent $1,500 with them this calander year they are real good people. so call and make your donations. Sorry to difficult, I wasn't bickering over price just thought the best deal would be better for medic! Sounds like nitrohouse is seriously stepping up for this soldier.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Nitrohouse it is Thanks Joey for making the phone call, and thanks Lucky for taking charge.

And thanks, NitroHouse for offering to manage the donations and sell the items at costs.

A SPECIAL THANKS to all of you for supporting this Soldier! I am sure that he has a lot on his mind right now and this shouldn't have to be one of those things. He can now focus his time and energy on spending quality time with family, prepararing them for his time away, and preparing himself and his fellow Soldiers for their upcoming REAL mission. It is awesome to see this many people respond so quickly to a fellow member in need! Thank you all!

HitMan - Can you edit the first post and put the NitroHouse contact info and guidance in there. Thanks!

Everyone that wants to donate call Nitrohouse 1-800-928-0304.
Say that you would like to donate to the army medic fund.
At the end of March 31st, he (armymedic) can call in and order whatever he wants.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Count me in...Nitrohouse it is..lets keep this thread on the front page until 3/31/09
Old 03-13-2009, 11:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by uncle everett
Agreed Nitro House it is. Call it in or if the guy with 60 trader rating would please give his paypal account and then he can just do one call.

I'll paypal the $ to him so what is his paypal account?

Sorry about the phone issue, but I'm out of the country.
Uncle E, you have a PM with my PayPal info.

If anyone else would like to send paypal to me, and save the phone costs, I will call it in for you. PM me for my paypal info. Thanks!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

nevermind...good idea

Last edited by Jaz240; 03-13-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Very cool!
As a combat veteran myself, I already donate quite a bit.
The cell phones for soldiers I have sent about 12 over there, and have sent about 15 laptops as well.
I remember what its like.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by armymedic
Hi guys, you really dont have to do this, I feel bad about this. I know times are rough all around the world right now, Im sure you guys could use the money as well. I really appreciate all the friendships I have made here, I will be trying to get on this site when Iam overseas, thanks guys for all your care and freindship!
Don't feel bad...not even for a second. Your getting ready to leave your family for what? A year? And your doing it in the name of this country...OUR country. Then some jerkoff rips you off while your attending to your child. I can't speak for the rest of the people here, but I for one don't want you to leave feeling like that. So thank you for serving...do it with pride because were proud of you.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I can send out paypal but I need a paypal account to send it to!
Thanks for all we can do for this soldier!
Thanks to nitrohouse for their support and thanks to WB-Racer-Ace for your offer!

Its great to be part of something good in this world as we know it...
Old 03-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok, I just called Nitrohouse and made a contribution. I'm first on the list to contribute, where's everybody else at? It makes you feel warm and fuzzy to say your going to contribute but doing it is another thing. Come on guys, I'm sure if the roles were reversed you would really appreciate everyone banding together to help out. After all, that's what makes R/C so much fun. It's also why we all hang out here on the forums. Let's see if we can hit $500.00 by the end of the day.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

I'm on hold.... music playing... That's What I like About You... WHAAAAOOOOWWW

Okay. I donated $20 instead of $10. Not that "Tim" mentioned anything about it, but credit cards do have a processing fee.

Ask for Tim. The first person I spoke to said I must have the wrong number when I mentioned "fund for Army Medic".

Also, your card isn't going to be charged until or after April 1. They're just taking down your donation amount, card number, name, phone number, etc. right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.