Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Can us here at R/Ctech help a soldier that is going to afgahnistan? *PLEASE READ* >

Can us here at R/Ctech help a soldier that is going to afgahnistan? *PLEASE READ*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can us here at R/Ctech help a soldier that is going to afgahnistan? *PLEASE READ*

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Let me know when to call Nitrohouse. I am in for $10.00!!!!!!!!!

Oh and by the way I go to Denver once sometimes twice a month for buisness. I will stop by as much as I can to check out if someone has it. I also go to his hobby store called I think MA Homg. They have a track indoor and outdoor. The owner is this old man who is pretty cool.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Good idea

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I got a better Idea..How about we all send our paypal money to Nitrohouse..someone calls and speeks to Tim, or Ron, and tell them what we are doing..They collect all the money..then they ship the T-Maxx to the soldier and money leftover can be left as a credit so he can spend it how he wants.

It dont have to be Nitrohouse..I am sure any online retailer will do it for us

If everyone thinks my idea stinks, I am fine with sending it to Jkas
Hey great chance for NitroHouse to step up also. Great ideas guys
Old 03-13-2009, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

jlo8864 - im in, thanks for serving our country!!
Old 03-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Let me know the exact paypal addy to send my donation to. Thanks for serving as well!! Former Airborne Combat Engineer and AH64 Apache Longbow Crewchief. Lets kick the tires and light the fires!! Nothing like the sound and smell of twin GE T700 turbines in the morning
Old 03-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by armymedic
Hi guys, you really dont have to do this, I feel bad about this. I know times are rough all around the world right now, Im sure you guys could use the money as well. I really appreciate all the friendships I have made here, I will be trying to get on this site when Iam overseas, thanks guys for all your care and freindship!

Please don't feel bad. This is the least we can do for the service you provide this great nation, and the sacrifices you and your family make for our freedoms. You are very welcome... I couldn't imagine having to leave my 2 year old daughter, God speed to you my brother. You and your family will also stay in my families prayers.

I love dealing with nitrohouse.com, I think that is a great idea.

You guys on this forum are a bunch of stand up guys... Thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by armymedic
Hi guys, you really dont have to do this, I feel bad about this. I know times are rough all around the world right now, Im sure you guys could use the money as well. I really appreciate all the friendships I have made here, I will be trying to get on this site when Iam overseas, thanks guys for all your care and freindship!
I don't feel like I have to contribute to the fund. It's something I want to do. Besides, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Looking at the other replies to this thread, it seems we all share a common sentiment about doing this.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I cant thank you guys enough! Yeah it sucks when you have to leave your family, that the hardest part in the world, thank god for sites like myspace and video chat! When I went to basic training at FT. Benning I was so homesick! That was ten weeks, than I went straight from there to FT. Sam Houston in Texas, that was another 16 weeks, but the training and service are the best!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:00 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I dont think anyone is questioning your integrity Jeremy..Just may be a whole lot easier to send the money directly to the on-line retailer..if that dont work out..I would suspect you will be collecting $400 in $5 and $10 increments
I know, I wasn't offended - just these days you never really know who you are dealing with. I am fine with whatever way we do this, I just want to help see something worked out for our friend.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Put me down for $50 from Advanced Custom Engineering,
plus whatever custom parts you want machined for it!!!!
lemme know where to send the money.
shawn
Old 03-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ATTENTION: I just got off the phone with Tim Bump at Nitrohouse, and he said that he would be glad to help out with this matter. For those who would like to help, what you need to do is call Nitrohouse @ 1-800-928-0304. Ask for Tim Bump, and make a donation to the Army Medic Fund. All proceeds will go to the replacement of stolen r/c equipment for ArmyMedic. Thanks everyone for your help in this matter. Army Medic, I don't know your name, but you and all the men and women who sacrifice as members of our armed services give more than we could ever thank you for. Freedom is maintained at a very high price. Thank you for service and your sacrifice from your r/c community.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Im in for 20 with paypal.
but you have to let me know what paypal addy
MO
Old 03-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joey Powell
ATTENTION: I just got off the phone with Tim Bump at Nitrohouse, and he said that he would be glad to help out with this matter. For those who would like to help, what you need to do is call Nitrohouse @ 1-800-928-0304. Ask for Tim Bump, and make a donation to the Army Medic Fund. All proceeds will go to the replacement of stolen r/c equipment for ArmyMedic. Thanks everyone for your help in this matter. Army Medic, I don't know your name, but you and all the men and women who sacrifice as members of our armed services give more than we could ever thank you for. Freedom is maintained at a very high price. Thank you for service and your sacrifice from your r/c community.
I like nitrohouse, but are they willing to match the 379 price at dirtcheap rc?
I mean thats $100 dollars worth of parts he could buy, and it might be easier for people to hit send money on paypal than call nitrohouse. Dont bash me for this just asking what people thaught?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

I personally would think it would be easier to just send paypal.
we just have to find some poor sap who wants about a 100, 5$ transactions on his paypal..LMAO then he could just send it all to the guy in need. unless he himself has a paypal??
MO
Old 03-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

and sorry but I vote for Jkas10, the guys got a 60 plus trader rating and lives close I guess..
sorry jkas10 lol
MO
Old 03-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Wow, Is Nitrohouse $100 more than dirtcheep? I thought they had good prices, lol..I would definitely go with the less expensive place..seems like we are close to $379, but another $100 may take a few days..Someone needs to just step up and make a choice..I am pretty sure we will follow..if you ask everyone for opinions (like Me) its just going to delay everything..Lets put an end to the donations..say March 31st...and then on April 1st..army Medic can call whoever we all gave the money to and order his T-maxx, or if he's smart a Truggy, LOL..I am pretty sure that by 3/31/09 there should be more than enough cash in his fund to get whatever he wants....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.