Wiki Posts
Search

Which fuel is best and why??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0adman
Byrons Gen2000 20% Race Blend. It tastes DELICIOUS!
Lol well I know it smells good...Don't know about taste.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bgbelden
Please come to the Dalton race this Saturday, you can tune my motor to get 9 min i'll be happy.
what engine are you running?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

I use Byron 25% fuel, best I've found. Smells nice too. Dunno bout taste, but bet it does

Does give the eyes a good stinging when real close/wind is right. :P That's the only thing I dislike, it's pretty expensive too, but a engine is only what you feed it .
Old 11-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
I think they just told you a blanket statement Will. I have pretty good sources and during that time Nitrotane was never out of stock with horizon. I know that for a fact.

I'm not suprised the shop told you that. But it was never out of stock, not even close.
Well Horizon lied to them because he couldn't get any and thats who he gets it from. I can't imagine a hobby shop loosing buisness because they don't want to sell you something that you want.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:57 PM
AE

22 gallons of nitrotane through one motor. No BS!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dyno Dan
22 gallons of nitrotane through one motor. No BS!
Now the question is...Which motor was it? Does it still run good and have good compression? Thats awesome.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chill_Will
Well Horizon lied to them because he couldn't get any and thats who he gets it from. I can't imagine a hobby shop loosing buisness because they don't want to sell you something that you want.
I think we are on different pages Chill...lol.

With work I am able to log on to Horizons "fastserve" page. This is the same page your local shops would use to view inventory and place orders. I am on that a few times a week and I have yet to see nitrotane out of stock in both warehouses(Ill and cali) "exp" during the time in question. Just to make sure what I told you was square I called horizon yesterday to check. Fuel was in stock during that time. I was very sure of that from the start because I was able to see with my own eyes.

I Worked at a shop for nearly 7 years. Don't think it's out of the question for them to not be eager to order your "case" of fuel that they normally do not stock. I think the easy thing was to say it's out of stock. That is just my assumption since we now know the fuel was instock 100%. Maybe they thought you would purchase something they had in stock instead(did you?). Shops get much better price breaks when ordering bulk cases. So they would make more money if you purchased one of the "in house" fuel brands. So for them to order you one gallon or case it may have been better(for the shop) to sale you on what's in store. I have seen it done. Or it very well could have been a simple mistake. All I can say is it was in stock due to the nitro being from a USA based company.

What shop you going with these days? Same one in H' ville?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Alan not to start anything but i talked to vp and they get there nitro form China, there other fuels are chemical based.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:13 AM
AE

R1: Who did you talk to at VP? That is a pretty bold statement considering I know the distributor in the US that VP gets their nitro from.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0adman
Byrons Gen2000 20% Race Blend. It tastes DELICIOUS!
Good one my friend!
Now on to the subject.
I have tried a lot of fuels and the three that are a home run in my book are Sidewinder, Byrons, and O'donnell. All 3 are very consistent from gallon to gallon, offer very good protection of the engine, there lubricant package is excellent, never have to worry about after run, and just flat out a reliable product. I run Sidewinder out of the group just because it has proven to me to be a reliable product and I have total peace of mind on the internals of my motors. It is also readily available, if for some reason SW was not available any of the other 2 would be next on my list. Now there are a lot of other fuel mfg's out there that I am sure make a good product examples Werks, Nitrotane, TQ, etc but they are not all available in my region which is the south US. The 3 that I mentioned are readily available at several hobby shops that I visit so this is something else that is very important, availability. Good luck with your selection.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

another good point jpz....

Gotta be available to run it
Old 11-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

cant remember, they said china was the only ones that would sell it for racing purposes...i guess he could be lying considering you know the distributor.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Burton, no nitro made in the US in like the past year or two. VP gets their stuff from China just like everyone else. As I understand it their nitro is cut as well and not as pure as other use. Not 100% positive but I have seen some numbers before but memory is not with me.

I talked with a guy I know that worked for a big name motor company at their US based facility. They did testing of many different brand fuels to determine what was causing premature wear in bearings. To be honest they determined Nitrotane to be the worst on the components in the motor that could rust. They felt though after lots of testing that the bearings were not getting adequate lubrication from the oil packages of today. The synthetics although "stronger" don't coat and protect like castor oil.

Blah blah blah, try a fuel and switch if your not happy. Different fuels work differently with different peoples tuning skills. I ran OD for years and motors lasted a long time. Tried Rocket Science, did not like it and still don't like it. TQ its okay, did not like what it left inside the motor. Running Gen 2 now and it works well, coats the motor well and performs fine. I only use 25% now but use the 11% lube, oil is our friend.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

cant remember, they said china was the only ones that would sell it for racing purposes...i guess he could be lying considering you know the distributor.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Chubbbbzzzzz, your opinion does not matter to me Your a big water head! lol...

I got to side with dyno dan on this one. I think he has some pretty good resources on his side.

what are you doing lately?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.