Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which fuel is best and why??

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Questions?? Which fuel is best and why??

I've been into nitro RC for many years and always have run the popular fuels but I never really had an understanding of why the fuels I was running were the better fuel and what makes one fuel better than another...I pretty much run 30% Odonell on all my rigs and have done so for a while. Just wondering what makes certain fuels better than others and is Odonell good or should I be running Sidewinder, Cold Fusion, Trinity, Byrons, etc?? Thanks

...I forget which one but I heard one of em has afterrun oil in it...Not sure.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You should try a gallon of Maxi's. Maxi's is very consistent and fresh. I hardly ever have to adjust my needles.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I used to run Byrons in my on road days. But I am going to be switching to Cold Fusion for off road. For me it is an easy decision, the guy that makes it is super local. He makes it one gallon at a time, so every gallon will have the same result since it is not mass produced and stuck on a shelf. From everyone that I know that runs it, they are able to lean their motors a little more because it causes them to run slightly cooler. For me the decision is easy.

Coldfusionfuel.com
Old 11-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by infanterene
You should try a gallon of Maxi's. Maxi's is very consistent and fresh. I hardly ever have to adjust my needles.
Why should I try it? What makes it better than the others?
Old 11-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Euro Stealth
I used to run Byrons in my on road days. But I am going to be switching to Cold Fusion for off road. For me it is an easy decision, the guy that makes it is super local. He makes it one gallon at a time, so every gallon will have the same result since it is not mass produced and stuck on a shelf. From everyone that I know that runs it, they are able to lean their motors a little more because it causes them to run slightly cooler. For me the decision is easy.

Coldfusionfuel.com
Cool...Yea several guys at my track are running Cold Fusion and Sidewinder...Is there a certain oil content or lubricant content that makes one better than the others? What should I be looking for in nitro fuel? Thanks
Old 11-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Reevo the guy that makes Cold Fusion Fuel is located in Ocala, FL... Will also be at the race in Valdosta GA this weekend at that new track opening. His name is Vernon Cook, and his son is Trey Cook. You should definately check it out if you get a chance, worse case watch Trey Cook one day running his SX8 in the pro buggy class.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Euro Stealth
Reevo the guy that makes Cold Fusion Fuel is located in Ocala, FL... Will also be at the race in Valdosta GA this weekend at that new track opening. His name is Vernon Cook, and his son is Trey Cook. You should definately check it out if you get a chance, worse case watch Trey Cook one day running his SX8 in the pro buggy class.
Yea I won't be able to make it to that race this weekend but a few of my friends will...I'll tell em to look out for Trey Cook.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ROCKET SCIENCE. Tom makes some of the best fuel to put in your car. The engine was consistant fom run to run. It needed minimal tuning between runs. i ran it in on-road and offroad. In the on-road with tuned engines the fuel never let me down. Tommy uses the right mixture of oil to nitro. I high advise Rocket Science. Tommy is a class act that sells a quality product. The 25% is the best.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

i have been running werks fuel for a good while now... i got a lot better run times with works over byrons
Old 11-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

When choosing a fuel it is sometimes hard to pick what is good fuel. Even when a person tells you it's good often times the person has very limited knowledge of engines/fuel. It often ends up being a lesson learned type deal.

Of all the fuels I have ran in the past several years a couple have rose to the top. I have ran Maxy, Tilted, TQ, Byrons, Nitrotane, and blue thunder.

Over the years I have looked for a fuel that will keep the inside of your engines looking fresh and new. No rusted cranks, no build up in the bearings, no heavy dis-coloration on the rod, piston, and little if any build up on top of the piston. Once you have figured that out your then looking for life span, ease of tuning, power, and runtime.

For me the only fuel to pass those test has been Nitrotane and Byron's. I have taken the engines apart after many gallons and it will look perfect. No build up, no carbon build up, etc. If this happens that tells me the fuel maker has really hit the nitro/oil package on point. It's a clean burning fuel. These fuels provide great times, power, and life span.

I have taken pics of the insides of engines with any other fuels and have had concerns. Some will argue no big deal but I often wonder why it's not the case with Nitrotane or Byron's?

So this is merely my opinion. I feel I have worked hard to make sure I run the best and try to use all I have learned in the past to assure things go well now. I'm not here to bash any brand of fuel. Just stating my opinion/experience. In most all the cases all of the fuel mentioned ran great for me. It's just two that stand out as the best of those mentioned.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ABURTON
When choosing a fuel it is sometimes hard to pick what is good fuel. Even when a person tells you it's good often times the person has very limited knowledge of engines/fuel. It often ends up being a lesson learned type deal.

Of all the fuels I have ran in the past several years a couple have rose to the top. I have ran Maxy, Tilted, TQ, Byrons, Nitrotane, and blue thunder.

Over the years I have looked for a fuel that will keep the inside of your engines looking fresh and new. No rusted cranks, no build up in the bearings, no heavy dis-coloration on the rod, piston, and little if any build up on top of the piston. Once you have figured that out your then looking for life span, ease of tuning, power, and runtime.

For me the only fuel to pass those test has been Nitrotane and Byron's. I have taken the engines apart after many gallons and it will look perfect. No build up, no carbon build up, etc. If this happens that tells me the fuel maker has really hit the nitro/oil package on point. It's a clean burning fuel. These fuels provide great times, power, and life span.

I have taken pics of the insides of engines with any other fuels and have had concerns. Some will argue no big deal but I often wonder why it's not the case with Nitrotane or Byron's?

So this is merely my opinion. I feel I have worked hard to make sure I run the best and try to use all I have learned in the past to assure things go well now. I'm not here to bash any brand of fuel. Just stating my opinion/experience. In most all the cases all of the fuel mentioned ran great for me. It's just two that stand out as the best of those mentioned.
Very good points. I never really thought to look at buildup and associate it with what fuels I was running at the time. I need to start paying more attention to how many gallons of which fuel I'm running so I can do the same and see which one causes more buildups, rust, etc. Maybe I need to get my lhs to order some Byrons haha. Thanks for the input.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

i actually noticed more buildup with byrons than others... i guess it depends on a lot of different things
Old 11-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

I ran OD for many years then tried byrons original for a few years then Werks for over a year,almost 2 then byrons gen 2 for 4-5 gallons then nitrotane for less than a gallon now.I stopped using Werks due to availability but am gonna figure out how to get it & start using it again even if I have to mail order or drive the 150 miles it takes to get it. I had the least eng bearing & tuning problems & longest run times with Werks. When you never have to think about a product your using it acually sticks in your mind really well.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by butch man
I ran OD for many years then tried byrons original for a few years then Werks for over a year,almost 2 then byrons gen 2 for 4-5 gallons then nitrotane for less than a gallon now.I stopped using Werks due to availability but am gonna figure out how to get it & start using it again even if I have to mail order or drive the 150 miles it takes to get it. I had the least eng bearing & tuning problems & longest run times with Werks. When you never have to think about a product your using it acually sticks in your mind really well.
i would have to agree... the availability is even a pain around here..
Old 11-13-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ISNT'T AFTER RUN OIL FOR AFTER RUN???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.