Community
Wiki Posts
Search

rc8t

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

the race was labor day weekend. the AE truck just got released to the public last week. You weren't running the AE T unless you were sponsored.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

edit*

i figured the stupid thing out

Last edited by 12a_rx2; 09-08-2008 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Before I drink the RC8T koolaid, I want to know if its more durable than the RC8. Now I know I'm gonna hear; "I've never had problems with my RC8". Well, I have, from B,C,D plate issues and hinge pins falling out, screws stripping out of the diff cases, broken arms, etc.....

I don't want to have to spend another couple hundred on KH parts like I did on my RC8 to make it durable....

And anyone have "ownership" experience with the ST-RR and now driving the RC8T? Wanna know how it compares as i consider the ST-RR the best driving truggy...
Old 09-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

bushyard- if you would of got the FREE service pack it would of taken care of all those problems!!!! it comes with arms, A B C D plates, longer screws and washers for the retaining of the pins.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

switching from a st-rr to the rc8t i feel it was definitly worth it after having 4 good track days of tuning and setting it up i love it anyone wanna buy a st-rr?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For the slow when they say its like cheating, that means its running great
Old 09-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

I'm no noob, yeah, I installed the service pack which didn't include rear uprights, still broke an upper arm and a front diff whose screws stripped opening up the diff housing....

You have any other ideas Einstein?

Originally Posted by eddie10
bushyard- if you would of got the FREE service pack it would of taken care of all those problems!!!! it comes with arms, A B C D plates, longer screws and washers for the retaining of the pins.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

At our local track i watched the ST-RR, 8ight-T, and MBX5T, come down the back straight of our big track. Of the three you could see how stable the ST-RR was, wheels always seemed to be on the ground, tracking nice and straight. While the 8ight-t was getting thrown around, wheels in the air.

Just want to make sure its actually better than a ST-RR before I switch. I know you say why switch if I like the ST-RR. Well, I've been a big fan of AE since I got my first gold tub back in 80s and hoping this is a good truggy...

Look forward to more reports...

Originally Posted by ruggydriver
switching from a st-rr to the rc8t i feel it was definitly worth it after having 4 good track days of tuning and setting it up i love it anyone wanna buy a st-rr?
Old 09-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You will not be disapointed.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

bushyar- the screw holes stripped because you tightened them instead of loosened them,haha you turned them the wrong way(whos the einstein now)
Old 09-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Bushyar, if you're having those issues even after the service pack then you will have those issues with any RC that you will own. With those parts it makes the RC8 a pretty durable car.

They have applied the stuff they have learned from the RC8 to the RC8T. That should make it more than durable.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bushyar15
I'm no noob, yeah, I installed the service pack which didn't include rear uprights, still broke an upper arm and a front diff whose screws stripped opening up the diff housing....

You have any other ideas Einstein?
I'm not trying to start nothing, but it sounds like your driving style. I have had minimal damage... unless I f'd up on a jump royally. Which is I believe is my fault more than the car's. No plastic will hold up to that kind of abuse. The damn thing weighs, what 7 pounds?

Picked up my RC8T Sunday, planning to take a 1/2 day from work on Thursday to build most of it. Just need 1 more servo to complete. Can't wait!!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

the reason i wont buy one of these is because of the fuel tank, associated replaced over 10 defective tanks on my rc8, i never actually broke on on the outside i just kept getting the internal airleak, another thing is i cant imagine this truck holding up to well, i never really broke anything on my rc8 but it did get sloppy quick, i would imagine thats gonna be magnifyed on this truck because the arms are longer and the bigger wheels and tires are gonna put more stress on it
Old 09-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, I have a pretty aggressive driving style not to mention that the guys that built the tracks around here were inspired by "The NitroPit" layout from earlier this year which they attended. So, most of the tracks around here have some pretty big air with some really challenging sections. Which I think its good.

As a comparison, my ST-RR has been problem free. No broken fuel tanks, stripped ring and pinions..... The only thing I broke was a "C" hub on a bad tumble (my fault).

So why look at something else? Like I said I'm partial to AE.

'
Originally Posted by honda_stuntboy
I'm not trying to start nothing, but it sounds like your driving style. I have had minimal damage... unless I f'd up on a jump royally. Which is I believe is my fault more than the car's. No plastic will hold up to that kind of abuse. The damn thing weighs, what 7 pounds?

Picked up my RC8T Sunday, planning to take a 1/2 day from work on Thursday to build most of it. Just need 1 more servo to complete. Can't wait!!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

I wouldn't necessarily agree. I've owned all manner of buggy and truggy. I've not had the problems with my ST-RR, XT8B, Jammin, MBX5T, or any of the equivalent buggies. Sure they all had their quirks, but not to the degree my RC8 has had.

And actually my ST-RR has been the least problematic, no broken fuel tanks, or stripped ring and pinions. Just one broken "C" hub from a blown landing....

Anyways, I await reports this time...

Originally Posted by Scottmisfits
Bushyar, if you're having those issues even after the service pack then you will have those issues with any RC that you will own. With those parts it makes the RC8 a pretty durable car.

They have applied the stuff they have learned from the RC8 to the RC8T. That should make it more than durable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.