Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 IFMAR 1/8 Buggy World Championship - Sept: 15-21 @ The Farm 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC Scoring Pro
If you bought a more expensive car lately, you should kick yourself and say "I could have had a D8".
well doug ur right i may get a d8 im a hotbodies guy. i was also at the race i saw u briefly did not get to talk to you, as for me being an onroad guy the mains were very intense watching i was hoping hara to win the whole time, i read his article in xtreme r/c he wanted to win the 1/8 worlds and he done it, overall i was excited to all the guys who was not there missed a good race at the farm
Old 09-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

I can't find what thread had it, but it was said that Hara (OS speed) was getting better mileage than Truhe (GRP). How long of run time were each getting?
Old 09-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

i cant say for sure but it looked like 1 lap more or almost a hole minute.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default videos of ifmar 08

Hi Guys, any ideas where can I view some nice video of Hara's runs?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone,

What an incredible week! this was no doubt the most fun and enjoyment I have ever had announcing an event. To be able to bring the world championships to many of you was a true joy. Charlie and I both had a blast bringing you all the action. Big thanks to Brandon Rohde for all his hard work. as well as the rest of the team. Eric Jensen, Josh Rehberg, Alex Forrest, Canyon Thompson, my pit camera man Matt Zenz and my team mate Charlie Suangka.

The finals were truly amazing. When I did pit lane interviews before the Semi's I asked each mechanic how long they were going on fuel stops. and everyone said they would go 7-730min on a pit stop. Hara's pit man Masauki Muirra (sp) said they could go 830-9min. I commented after that that this may come down to fuel mileage and if so, they will have a great edge.

Well it came to be and that extra mileage payed off and Hara had to do 1 less stop than others. It was anyones race as the top 3 all crashed about the same amount of times during the 1 hour event. But Hara's smooth trigger control enabled him to stretch his stops and helped earn him the championships.

Thanks to all of you that enjoyed the coverage on Liverc.com and to those of you who were patient during the down time, we thank you all for helpin us get our great hobby out to the masses and look forward to doing more of these live broadcasts.

Thanks again for your support this past week.

Sincerely,
Scotty Ernst

Last edited by Scotty Ernst; 09-25-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:28 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Scotty... when is the video going to the market?
Old 09-25-2008, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Scotty, it was nice to see you again! Any chance you could tell me what is included on the DVD? Is it all the mains, qualifiers, interviews, or what?
Hope to see you again soon at the races.
Thanks!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hara knew it would be a stretch to start 7th and work his way though a pack of the worlds fastest drivers, so the pit strategy was his hail mary play. This strategy didn't just happen the last few minutes of the race, but was effective the entire race. If you look at his lap times, coming from almost last and gaining a position at every pit session until he entered contention for the #1 spot. Adopting a smooth (fuel saving) driving style and still having the fastest lap of the final should be a lesson to everyone who is trying to get faster.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

I can only echo Scotty's compliments, and Add the roving Cameraman B Matt Zenz. See Buddy I love you IT Guys....

And thank Kody King, and Clint Wachter for always stopping by the booth for a few short words. Clint actually helped us a ton on the last day, Thanks NITELITE!

I'm still at a loss for words after watching the main. Amazing stuff, and proves the fact that "anyone" could have won.

Brandon will have an update on what the DVD will have shortly I'm sure. We all chatted and have some great ideas. I beleive he's going to have more then 1 DVD worth of Footage.

For all the folks that Waited Patiently, THANKs, and for those of you who Didn't, Thank You Too, kept brandon motivated.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Franchize04
Hara knew it would be a stretch to start 7th and work his way though a pack of the worlds fastest drivers, so the pit strategy was his hail mary play. This strategy didn't just happen the last few minutes of the race, but was effective the entire race. If you look at his lap times, coming from almost last and gaining a position at every pit session until he entered contention for the #1 spot. Adopting a smooth (fuel saving) driving style and still having the fastest lap of the final should be a lesson to everyone who is trying to get faster.
Hara got 1.5 minutes longer run times with just a smoother trigger!! That's it, no special tricks, or mods? He got 1-1.5 minutes longer than the best drivers in the world just being smooth?! That's amazing, but I wonder why all the other guys don't drive this same way? I mean if you can eliminate an entire Pit, that would be way faster than even shaving 2 seconds off every lap
Old 09-25-2008, 01:51 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the smooth trigger comes from the on-road experince... at least that is what I get from his interview after the race.. he said that the trigger control helped him a lot...
Old 09-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Something else to think about with Hara is he knows how to conserve since he runs both 4 and 5 cell Mod TC. They can't go balls out the whole race with those or they will never make it to the end. If you watched at the end of the race Truhe was making up time on Hara, but just did not have enough of it left and Hara ran pretty flawless. So it comes to talent as well as knowing when to pull the trigger and when to conserve.
I think I explained this earlier on how Hara can control his throttle.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Smooth throttle is used in onroad and does stretch fuel mileage. On/off switch pulls and wide open stabs on the throttle will kill fuel mileage. Two drivers can have varying fuel mileage with the exact same car and track, just by how they use the throttle.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Smooth throttle is used in onroad and does stretch fuel mileage. On/off switch pulls and wide open stabs on the throttle will kill fuel mileage. Two drivers can have varying fuel mileage with the exact same car and track, just by how they use the throttle.

Really! 1.5 minutes worth? I'm in no way being sarcastic or smart-ass. I am genuinely interested since I just started racing about 2 months ago. Can I really get 1.5 minutes of extra run time just with a smoother trigger?
Old 09-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Champion

smooth trigger and proper tuning. you could always stall out if not careful. and yes, throttle finger is a very large part of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.