Wiki Posts
Search

2008 IFMAR 1/8 Buggy World Championship - Sept: 15-21 @ The Farm 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default 2008 IFMAR 1/8 Buggy World Championship - Sept: 15-21 @ The Farm 2

The Worlds are coming up in a little over a week and still no discussion...

Neo-Buggy.net has posted the Drivers List and still no Tebo, Kortz, Amezcua,...
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=4616

Pick's?
Lot's of new buggies being released like the Mugen and Kyosho, plus many first timers such as Associated and O'Donnell...

Anyone going to just spectate? LiveRC.com's coverage is suppose to be amazing for those too far for the trip.

This thing only comes to the US every 8 years, surely there is something to talk about!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What are the Ifmar requirements for the worlds? Tebo, a current IFMAR world champ and current Roar champ isn't eligible??!! Kortz who made the main at the last worlds isn't eligible? Not to bash anyone, but there are a lot of names that shouldn't be going over those two??? I'm completly confused. Is it a money thing, like Trinity getting almost all their big names on the list and some not so big names, talented drivers, but not better than Tebo. Personally I'm a huge Kortz fan and I think it's a little unfair to exclude these guys. Why doesn't IFMAR let the bodies, ROAR, EFRA etc pick their teams. I'm a little heated, sorry for the rambling post

Mark
Old 09-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markt311
What are the Ifmar requirements for the worlds? Tebo, a current IFMAR world champ and current Roar champ isn't eligible??!! Kortz who made the main at the last worlds isn't eligible? Not to bash anyone, but there are a lot of names that shouldn't be going over those two??? I'm completly confused. Is it a money thing, like Trinity getting almost all their big names on the list and some not so big names, talented drivers, but not better than Tebo. Personally I'm a huge Kortz fan and I think it's a little unfair to exclude these guys. Why doesn't IFMAR let the bodies, ROAR, EFRA etc pick their teams. I'm a little heated, sorry for the rambling post

Mark

Mark,

This issue has been hardly discussed on www.sgrid.com conferences (forums) and it seems to be a problem of that drivers or teams or brands not following the time-frame of the rules defined by ROAR in terms of sending the registration and all ... (im not from USA so i dont know EXACTLY the ROAR rules but it is about them) ... so that drivers even when its sad to hear, have to wait on the waiting list until last minute to see if they can race ...

As a personal opinion, it sucks because on the USA waiting list still you have top of the line drivers not secured for the race that is the biggest show of the 1/8 offroad buggy in the world, but if the problem was not sending papers during the time that would be done, it sucks but its a problem and they have to accept the consecuenses.

cya !!
Old 09-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Even though I'm in Dallas, I'm pulling for the Colorado guys. Lars, Adrian and I thought Matty was going, but I didn't see his name on the list.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks for the info, I'm a little ignorant cause I've been out of racing for about 5 years. If that's the case these guys should have had their bases covered. These guys on the approved list that don't plan to attend or really are just pit guys for big names (I know cause I've raced with a few) should have stepped down to allow better drivers to attend. Just my 2 cents
Old 09-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They don't get to go because they didn't fill out and send in paperwork on time? Hahahaha. Sounds like a self-inflicted wound.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Dont worry, all the appropriate people will be racing.....

Just be sure to tune in RCLive.com on the 15th...... this year should be epic, first year for alot of manufacturers.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Initiate

In the UK the BRCA offer WC places in order of fnishing at the Nationals.

This i think is the only fair way. But obviously every country has its own way and i dont understand how you have 10 times the amount of Americans going to all the other countries?
Old 09-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

yes and at least in the case of my block (famar), lot of first timers on a world race

Cya
Old 09-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

the amount of eligible entries for the worlds events are directy factored off of bloc memberships numbers.... for the USA, ROAR has more members than any other bloc.... its in proportion
Old 09-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am pulling for the AE Camp to pull off the Victory and crown the RC8 with a World Championship Tiltle.

AE has many talented drivers on their team from the US and across the Pond.

If I had to pick a winner, I would say Ryan Maifiled would pull out the Win for AE and the US. The man looked dialed at the warm up race in July. His RC8 was equiped with JConcept body and tires, Reedy engine and TQ fuel. Ryan is my pick for the race.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Old 09-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by brit_bulldog
In the UK the BRCA offer WC places in order of fnishing at the Nationals.

This i think is the only fair way. But obviously every country has its own way and i dont understand how you have 10 times the amount of Americans going to all the other countries?
If a US driver doesnt win this one then theres something wrong !!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markt311
Thanks for the info, I'm a little ignorant cause I've been out of racing for about 5 years. If that's the case these guys should have had their bases covered. These guys on the approved list that don't plan to attend or really are just pit guys for big names (I know cause I've raced with a few) should have stepped down to allow better drivers to attend. Just my 2 cents
Just interested to know why you think that "lesser" drivers who got their paperwork in on time and qualified should step down and let a driver who didnt take their place. If you don't have a chance to win the A then you should just stay home and let someone who might be able to win go? Man, that would pretty much be the end of my racing career, LOL.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone have the list? I tried to view it, but I don't have Excel!

Regardless; it should be a great race.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by boostfiend
Anyone have the list? I tried to view it, but I don't have Excel!

Regardless; it should be a great race.

Here you have it : http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...orlds_Team.pdf

cya,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.