Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX? >

Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 01:37 PM

Default Has anyone ever thought about using zMAX?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried zMAX in your nitro motor? I think it would work because some of the big Nitro dragsters use this stuff, so it should work in our nitro motors. The company makes a small engine blend for 2-stroke motors and you are suppossed to add the zMAX to a gallon of fuel with that type so it will basically mix perfectly. The only thing that is keeping me from trying this is that I thought it might melt the fuel tubing or something but then I remembered full scale cars use tubing of less quality than ours, and the fact that I dont wanna ruin my $200 dollar mill. If yall don't already know zMAX isn't a rip off company, they have been around for over 60 years, so that has to mean they are doing something right ecpecially if Carol Shelby puts his name on it... Anyway the zMAX formula is said to give, increased gas mileage, improved performance, reduced wear on vital engine parts, extended engine life, and reduced emissions. This all sounds really excellent to me. Also the zMAX soaks into metal to keep motors lubricated a lot longer than regular oil. Plus there have been several Dynos done, and they all show around 5-7% performance increase over stock. The awesome facts keep piling up, and I have yet to hear anything bad about this stuff. So before I do have any of you ever tried this? Have any of you ever heard any horror stories about this stuff? and how many think I should try it?

oh sorry..... um i always write quite a bit
Old 06-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

was someone watching truck-U today?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rdub202
was someone watching truck-U today?
roflmao
Old 06-18-2008, 02:12 PM

Yes I was, I was the whole powerblock like everyday, but I did research outside of Speed too. Wow now no one is gonna take this thread seriously
Old 06-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

And the question should be will it mix and stay in suspension in alcohol based fuels before you could even begin to use it. Sorry, don't know the answer.

Ed M.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lanerbrainer205
If yall don't already know zMAX isn't a rip off company, they have been around for over 60 years, so that has to mean they are doing something right ecpecially if Carol Shelby puts his name on it...

To answer you question, no don't use it. Why would you want to dillute your fuel and add heat with more lubrication? This will only lead to degraded power. Plus the product is meant for GAS engines. If you are that worried, run RTR fuel with more oil.

The only reason Shelby's name is on it is because they PAID him.

Last edited by largeorangefont; 06-18-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:00 PM

That is a good question I think it will though because I have seen Top Alcohol class dragsters use it. I will call the zMAX companies and see. I think I am gonna do an experiment and put it in some Byron Gen 2 fuel. Try it without first, do some notes, take some temps, then add it and repeat the process to see if I can get some data out of this. Oh and look at the internals before and after with pics and such.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:08 PM

Haha I know the only reason his name is on it because they paid him... I was being sarcastic Let me call the company and ask a few questions before a war is started haha I am not worried about my motor running to hot... I just want to see what effects this stuff will have like if it will make it faster, slower, hotter, colder, leaner, richer, cleaner, etc. This is strictly an experiment. Chill.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Keep us informed.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:17 PM

Ok they are not open right now so I am just going to email them. However, continue giving me yalls inputs. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It's definetly worth a shot. Try it if they say its cool and definetly do the notes and al that. If it works I will do it too, I have a spare mill laying around here somewhere.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

wow that is a huge risk to take with a 400 dollar mill... let me know what you figure out!!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Even if it does lower temps you will prolly just do more damage by leaning it out. Sounds cool. Just wonder what it would gain. It' like when people buy aftermarket heads. The temps drop a bunch. Which is bad. So they lean it ot and wonder why they snap a rod.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Suspended

Well, let's see........ a company makes a product developed to use in the crankcase to mix with the motor oil, and RC engines use no motor oil; they have another product that is to be used with 2-stroke engines, but not ones that run off a nitromethane fuel/oil mix. Now I want to use this because ol' Carol Shelby says so, though he's never raced RC cars, and because the company's been around 60 years.

I've got one for ya, they say "Milk does the body good" - so it oughta be good for running down your body shell before you run your car next time. Aw hell, just dump a couple of capfulls in the tank, it's gotta work.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

I would not use ZMaxx for fuel. Gen II works just fine! I do however use Slick 50 when I store my motors during the off season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.