Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think the point that also needs to be made is that in a worlds year, the only updates Kyosho felt necessary to make to the TKI2 were basically insignificant to the handling of the car. If that doesn't speak volumes about how good the MP9 platform is, then I don't know what does. Kyosho is basically saying, we won the worlds in 2010, and we'll be the favorite to win the worlds again this year with essentially the same car. The TKI3 is literally the most refined car on the market today, meaning it's gone through 3 iterations now on the same chassis platform, not to mention what it carries over from the 777 and earlier cars - and it continues to be head and shoulders above the competition.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Exactly.

You can look at the original Inferno, (I have one new built for display), and look at the TKI3 and see the origins of the car. The Inferno was the car that everyone had to copy to beat back then, and to this day - you can see why.

Why change something for the sake of change. The TKI3 has PEDIGREE and constant results from previous iterations of the buggy going back over 20 years.......not many other manufacturers have that.

Thats why they get the extra coin for thier kits. Quality, performance and reliability also help.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 04-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Tech Addict

only built my kit up last week and i still got to spin the axles daily just to believe how good that drive train really is, for me that was one of the selling points, the rear toe brace just weighs next to zip its so well machined, and the fit and finish is awesome I initially thought the rear arms were binding and was about to start trimming but I instead just backed the screws out the arm mounts a fraction to allow the arms to drop, I then found out it was the bushes that werent fully pushed in, after I did that the rear was perfect the slop I now had I got rid of by tightening the screws back up again I did ream out the arms and some of the bushes which were a bit tight but then again you would do that on any kit, on the whole very impressed by the quality
Old 04-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i did my homework.

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
I think the point that also needs to be made is that in a worlds year, the only updates Kyosho felt necessary to make to the TKI2 were basically insignificant to the handling of the car. If that doesn't speak volumes about how good the MP9 platform is, then I don't know what does. Kyosho is basically saying, we won the worlds in 2010, and we'll be the favorite to win the worlds again this year with essentially the same car. The TKI3 is literally the most refined car on the market today, meaning it's gone through 3 iterations now on the same chassis platform, not to mention what it carries over from the 777 and earlier cars - and it continues to be head and shoulders above the competition.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

I did my homework.

Originally Posted by RETRO R/C
Exactly.

You can look at the original Inferno, (I have one new built for display), and look at the TKI3 and see the origins of the car. The Inferno was the car that everyone had to copy to beat back then, and to this day - you can see why.

Why change something for the sake of change. The TKI3 has PEDIGREE and constant results from previous iterations of the buggy going back over 20 years.......not many other manufacturers have that.

Thats why they get the extra coin for thier kits. Quality, performance and reliability also help.

Cheers

Darryn
Old 04-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

I do not need to do any reaming (other than the body). They are lose enough for me. One run and all perfect.

Did a break in on my King's Orion engine yesterday. Man, I love the sound of the engine!

The driving of the truggy is perfect too but I did the breakin on the road so didn't get to drive so much.

Originally Posted by slow coach
only built my kit up last week and i still got to spin the axles daily just to believe how good that drive train really is, for me that was one of the selling points, the rear toe brace just weighs next to zip its so well machined, and the fit and finish is awesome I initially thought the rear arms were binding and was about to start trimming but I instead just backed the screws out the arm mounts a fraction to allow the arms to drop, I then found out it was the bushes that werent fully pushed in, after I did that the rear was perfect the slop I now had I got rid of by tightening the screws back up again I did ream out the arms and some of the bushes which were a bit tight but then again you would do that on any kit, on the whole very impressed by the quality
Old 04-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Let me tell yall something. I think everyone on OUR KYOSHO really want to try one but don't want to spend the $$$ for buggy. So y are they even commenting on the price. Just find other thread that is not expensive as our top quality top price thread. My .02

And the ones who getting or got really did not worry about the price. It the quality, performance of the buggy. Right OFFROAD DUDE see the light now
everyone else

I HOPE I DID NOT STEP ON ANY TOES.
OH WELL MOVE YOUR FEET THEN
Old 04-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I like that.

My buddy told me Kyosho is like the Rolls Royce. I think it's more like Bugatti Veyron

Originally Posted by Coach Townsend
I HOPE I DID NOT STEP ON ANY TOES.
OH WELL MOVE YOUR FEET THEN
Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey when i speak the truth Im bound to do the following to people who dont have the best buggy on the market someone out there.

And the rest of KYOSHO I tend to make yall
Watch someone should respond negatively it never fells but i need
I got through
Old 04-27-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can anyone tell me what size sway bars come with the TKI3?
Old 04-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

More than likely they're unchanged from the TKI2 sway bars, which would be 2.3mm front and 2.5mm rear.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Suspended

Default TKI3

Does anyone on here know if the clutchbell issues have been adressed in some way on the TKI3 - or was those issues sorted out on later TKI2 kits?

I feel the positives of the Kyosho far outweigh the negatives for sure - but if I drop that type of coin on a new K car and I have clutch bells of all things grenading i'm gonna kick someone's ass lol!!

And yes I drove a friends one because he went from upper B to mid pack in A.

Obviously he has practiced a lot but when I drove the car i was very impressed.

in short just give me a rundown on what to expect with a K-Car - any input would be awesome.

Thanks,
Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default ???

Other than the initial cost for the kit what is required to have in the pit box so that you don't end a weekend early? Or how much a month is required to keep up maintanece on one of these cars? Been looking at kyosho for a while now and I am very interested.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by talbotbid011
Does anyone on here know if the clutchbell issues have been adressed in some way on the TKI3 - or was those issues sorted out on later TKI2 kits?
What problem ??
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Suspended

Default What problem?

Originally Posted by PiRo
What problem ??
I was reading posts earlier in this thread where people were having to use Agama motormounts mated to MP7.5 motor mounts (upper) and drill half inch holes in the chassis etc. scary stuff really.

The it was sugested to go from 13-46 to 14-48 because the gears line up better...

Just wanted to know if this was a recent concern with K-Cars or were these issues isolated to a certain batch of kits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.