Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Inferno MP9 thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 10-10-2016, 02:30 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Inferno MP9 thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Another TKI thread, more TKI4 Specific http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...buggy-kit.html

TKI4 Replacement Parts (Good for upgrading from TKI3) http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Replace...ts_c_1505.html

TKI4 Optional Parts http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Option-Parts_c_1506.html

Some notes on the new Towers/Long shocks here

Picked up a TKI3 and want to upgrade to TKI4 ? Here are all the updated parts:

Shocks

IF347-155 1.5X5 Pistons
IF471-01 Front Shock Body
IF470-01 Rear Shock Body
IF470-03BK Shock Adjust Dial
IFW154 Boots
IF346-05C Shock End Set

Wing

IF491BK Wing
IFW460B Wing Mount/Stay

Rear End

IFH006W Wheel
IF490 HUB
IF490-01 Hub Insert
IF492 Shock Pin
IF423HB Rear Arm
IF287 Hard Upper Rod Rear

Front End

IF489 Steering Rod Set
IF488 Knuckles
IF487H Front Arm
IFW458 Hard Lower Pin
IFW425 93MM CVD
IF286 Hard Upper Rod
IF486 Lower Susp Holder
IFW459 Servo Saver (Hard)
IF446B Ackerman Arm
IF426-64.5 Susp Shaft

Other

IF469B Filter
97035LW-13 Clutch Bell
IF453B Body Mount
IFW107GM Hexes
W300910 Washer
IF443B Center Diff Plate
IF444C Tank
IF479B Radio Box
96772 13x16x0.15mm Shim
IF481B Fuel Tank Stay
IFW336GM Wheelnut
IFB008 TKI4 Body
IFD403W TKI4 Decal

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slayyer
what do you think i need to stock up on for the upcoming jconcepts race for my mp9? right now, i have front/rear arms, F/r hubs, gearbox, clutch shoes and clutch springs. what other parts should i get? im not on a budget so list away!!! i just switched from a losi to a mp9 so i dont have many parts at all!
you better fix the brakes on that thing! dude, my buggy is unreal at our track now! marcus is the man.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyram
you better fix the brakes on that thing! dude, my buggy is unreal at our track now! marcus is the man.
haha, sweet man! yea i forgot about that. my front brakes wont apply, the little loop rod that the linkage goes into wont move at all when i apply brakes and it locks my front end up. has anyone else had that problem?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

haha, sweet man! yea i forgot about that. my front brakes wont apply, the little loop rod that the linkage goes into wont move at all when i apply brakes and it locks my front end up. has anyone else had that problem?
Your brakes are obviously set up wrong bro.. or even your center diff section of it.

I hate the solid brake disks... Not good smooth braking, and they fade bad!!!

Slayer... dont forget clutch bearings, and front/rear upper a-arms.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Tech Regular

its possible your center diff top plate is way too tight
Old 11-30-2009, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default front brake release mechanism...

hiya folks,

I remember reading about some mechanism that attachs to the front brake on the mp777 that allows the steering servo to disengage the front brakes when the steering is turned. the rear remains braked.

Does anyone have pictures of the device and does it actually work well?

-Alexander
Old 11-30-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert
hiya folks,

I remember reading about some mechanism that attachs to the front brake on the mp777 that allows the steering servo to disengage the front brakes when the steering is turned. the rear remains braked.

Does anyone have pictures of the device and does it actually work well?

-Alexander
Never heard of that device and I wouldn't fancy even more linkages and springs around my servo/brake area..not a lot of clearance there as it is.

If you have a good radio you can use the mix options..I use a futaba 3pk and using the brake/steering mix I can program the brake to become softer and softer the more steering is added..If I'm using the ABS function (which I don't but anyway) I can also use the mix to make the ABS pulse more frequently and with less EPA as the wheels turn which is the same effect.works great and doesn't add weight to the car either..Generally as you steer/brake it's the REAR braking you want to reduce anyway to stop the back breaking away under hard braking as you enter a corner fast.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Your brakes are obviously set up wrong bro.. or even your center diff section of it.

I hate the solid brake disks... Not good smooth braking, and they fade bad!!!

Slayer... dont forget clutch bearings, and front/rear upper a-arms.
yea, ive checked it ALL! i went to a race this past saturday and i took the center diff out. the center diff was fine as well as the brakes without the top plate on the center diff mount. both front and rear brakes moved freely.right when i put it on the center diff, it binds up and the front brakes dont move.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Exclamation brake problem

the only other thing i can think of is the lower brake rod maybe hitting center diff other than that it sounds
Old 11-30-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

slayyer i have the same problem since day one. i didnt fix it yet because i dont know where it comes from. what i did i unscrewed the front disck quite a bit until it didnt bite and the i adjusted the linkage accordigly. the result i dont have a lot of front brakes.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Lightbulb

also try winding your brake rod out see if that frees it up
Old 11-30-2009, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the help!!

How do you adjust your toes?

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
hello, the ackerman angle controls the sensitivity of the steering, when using the A hole, the steering is very smooth and the car reacts normally to steering inputs where with the C hole, the steering becomes very sensitive to steering inputs and the car will be turning like crazy. the B is something in between i always run the C hole (IMHO, i think its easier to drive a car that oversteers than a car that understeers)

and yes, recheck you toe setting after words because the distance changes, it wont take 5 minutes to do so.

hope this helps

cheers

Ali
Old 11-30-2009, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

use a hudy set up station
Old 11-30-2009, 04:30 AM
Tech Master

[double post sorry
Old 11-30-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

yea, ive checked it ALL! i went to a race this past saturday and i took the center diff out. the center diff was fine as well as the brakes without the top plate on the center diff mount. both front and rear brakes moved freely.right when i put it on the center diff, it binds up and the front brakes dont move.
If the brakes only bind when you screw down the top plate on the center diff then the plate must be pinching the brake cam when you screw it down..first check the hole the lower peg of the brake cam sits in..if you get dirt in there it can bind also check that the plastic insert in the top plate is sitting flush in its hole..no dirt caught under the flange.if all else fails try fitting 4 tiny washers (those kyosho supply for fitting between alloy clutch shoes and the flywheel are perfect)between the plastic diff mount and the top plate..Personally I've now built 7 mp9's for our club members and I've never had this problem yet..the levers that pull the brakes MUST clear the both the top plate and the diff housing as well so just bend them a bit if necessary, but I think your front cam is binding..
Old 11-30-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi guys,

when first ran my MP9, i used the stock linkage, had few brake problems here and there, soo i went with a pro linkage from Dynamite

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ke-Linkage-Set

i never had an issue after i installed it. its great, easier to fit and way easier to adjust. you just have to bend the ball-end rods a bit just to make sure they dont hit the center dif plate.

also one more thing, you better check your brake disk, if its bent, the brake will act weirdly, try it on a flat surface to see if its bent or not, you wont be able to say by just looking at it.

cheers

Ali

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.