Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ok i need answers from people with knowledge lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

whatever u do, get rid of that short body plug! I had a B3 and I used a OD#99.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Rookie

i'm using werks 30% with great results.
i added 1 extra head shim on both trucks and using hot plugs.
they both idle nice and steady with great power.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

using a short plug is like adding a head shim , just not the best way to add combustion chamber volume use an odonnel 77 or mccoy mc8 and a head shim to your engine !!! the b3 must not be shimmed for running 30% from the factory .
monty

Last edited by houston; 05-19-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

but check it out my biggest problem is now this one

"ok new question.... lol. well i have put in 2 different glow plugs. they are the standard long plugs. they keep burning out! for aparent reason. there is no damage visibly seen to the glow plug so idk what it is. i put an A5 short plug and it has been running fine? what going on????"
Old 05-18-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

thanks guys.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Questions??

Hi guys, I have a question about springs:

I used to the measurement of spring stiffness in LBS
Can somebody tell me comparing REVO springs to Integy or XRAY for example, what would the REVO spring let say 4.9 rate be equal to in LBS?

Thanks, Viat
Old 05-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Viat
Hi guys, I have a question about springs:

I used to the measurement of spring stiffness in LBS
Can somebody tell me comparing REVO springs to Integy or XRAY for example, what would the REVO spring let say 4.9 rate be equal to in LBS?

Thanks, Viat
damn! i got thread jacked!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blowpopracer
Personally I dont break my engines in with 30%. The way I would do it is break it in with byrons gen 2 20% then finish the gallon of 20% on the track. When the gallon is gone swich to 30%, shim engine and retune. I like the idea of having the higher oil content for the first gallon is why I do it but to be honest who knows if it helps or not? Just my opinion.

Hope this helps.

oh yeah byrons gen 2 is definately the fuel to run if they have it in your area.

Ummmm... nitro content and oil content are unrelated. For example., Sidewinder 30% has 3 different types with different oil content. I run the 30% worlds blend, which I believe is 11%. The Pro Race blend is 10%. There is also a 12% oil version of the 30% nitro Sidewinder.

More oil will (believe it or not) raise the temps. I've had great success with the Sidewinder Worlds Blend 30% with 11% oil... I have 5.5 gallons on my Werks B7 Pro with zero issues.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Ummmm... nitro content and oil content are unrelated. For example., Sidewinder 30% has 3 different types with different oil content. I run the 30% worlds blend, which I believe is 11%. The Pro Race blend is 10%. There is also a 12% oil version of the 30% nitro Sidewinder.

More oil will (believe it or not) raise the temps. I've had great success with the Sidewinder Worlds Blend 30% with 11% oil... I have 5.5 gallons on my Werks B7 Pro with zero issues.
I only run byrons gen 2 which to my knowledge is only available in the race formula so I figured it would be self explanatory. But thanks for explaining the obvious to me.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I've read to use a hot plug for break in.....Its normal to go through a plug or two during break in.... Use your racing fuel always.... Make for sure you have no air leaks......If its the newer alum carb, be very careful tightening the retainer nut if you do....It will collapse the throat of the carb.....Recheck the head screws for torque now & then...I always pre heat the motor & loosen the plug just a bit to get her going then tighten. I'm breaking in a new B3pro. its VERY tight! Great thread!
Old 05-23-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fadedmindz
ok i just started to break in my buggy motor today. i have a werks tl b3. im using a novarossi plug. i think its a #6 i dont remember actually. have to rechec. but anyways what do you guys (b3 owners) recomend to run. im running trinity monster fuel 20% but want to switch out to byron's gen2 once i get it up and running smooth. can anyone help?????

ok more help. i need a glow plug. wanted to be more specific. yea i kno i wanted to get rid of that fuel. i actaully need a plug. i was running a novarossi #6 and it went out. i dont kno how but yea it did. what do you guys recomend as for a glow plug for this motor?

ok new question.... lol. well i have put in 2 different glow plugs. they are the standard long plugs. they keep burning out! for aparent reason. there is no damage visibly seen to the glow plug so idk what it is. i put an A5 short plug and it has been running fine? what going on????
please email me at [email protected] or call me on +61 430009769 and i will explain to you in detail ok .to much to write in this forum as an explanation .

regards ANgelo