Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hot Bodies Buggy!!???????

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi guys, I was on a bind this last weekend. I broke a front CVD last Monday, and my replacement didn't get to me in time for the weekend, but I still really wanted to race. I went the my not so local hobby shop and they had some chrome kyosho universals. We had to drill the drive pin hole out to 3mm. The kyoshos are a bit longer and fit in the out drive better at full droop, and the car still bottoms out before the dog bone side of the universal bottoms out in the out drive. Anyway, it worked perfect for me all weekend, good enough for TQ and the win.!! As soon as the revised CVD's are out I will run those. Anyone know if the CVD's Hot Bodies are sending out now are the same or the revised part. Love my D8.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mounted some OCM evo driveshafts
fit like a gloove ..a bit longer
just had to add one more
kyosho shim at the hubs ..
Old 10-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nitrojunkie74
hi guys

about the axles,i have just put the lightning2 they are thicker and a bit longer.you have to grind 1mm from the outside of the cup but this will work.we r all using them here and they seem to be the solution.the stock axles are 4mm thick and the old ones 5mm.i hope this helps
you guys are only running these in the front? And with no moddifications?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Its crazy all of you that are having problems with the axles.Lucky for me i have not had this issue(Yet) And i have about 3 gallons on the buggy.But if some one could post up a part number of the cvd's they have been useing to fix the problem for now.So i can order some in at the shop untill HB gets some in,
Old 10-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Tech Initiate

X2
Old 10-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I got my D8 today. Can't wait to get home and start building. It comes with very little diff fluid. Anyone know where or who sells HB diff fluid?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:02 PM
cnk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You're only supposed to fill the diffs 70% so that should leave you with about 1/4 of those little bottles left. I haven't found the HB fluids anywhere as of yet, but you can just use another brand equivalent. I usually use Mugen fluids on my other buggy/truggy.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Funny question...Does anyone happen to know what reciever pack Hara ran in the Worlds? Mainly, was it NiMh or LiPo?

Im making a list of items to be bought that would put this buggy on a diet. Although, sometimes I feel that the reason the buggy feels/drives like it does is BECAUSE of the weight. Almost as if, the weight is making the buggy drive so niice.

BUT! If im not mistaken, he was running a lightened chasis, correct? And apparently a drilled Alum head on his OS...Just seems he too was searching for some calorie burners?

But anyways, anyone that might know what TYPE of receiver pack he was runnin, chime in

-Red
Old 10-20-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Switched to Kyosho clutch setup with Kyosho 16T CB.
Fixing to do some modding and going to fit the Lipo pack and regulator in the D8. Switched the white springs to the rear and put Kyosho light green springs up front now. Going with 5-5-3 in the diffs and will see how this new set up drives for me.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo61
I got my D8 today. Can't wait to get home and start building. It comes with very little diff fluid. Anyone know where or who sells HB diff fluid?
I know the bottles look small, but there is just a little more than enough in each bottle to do a diff. If your looking to run the same fluids in different diff's, then yeah, your gunna need more. I have used Mugen, and Associated diff fluids in the past. They seem to work fine.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

this battery fits.... its kinda tight but it fits....

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13508
Old 10-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hard4nitro
Ok I have had my D8 for 3 races now and I can not get it to stop feeling so springy in the rear I am running 1.3 with 45wt losi and losi black springs and a 104mm droop shock positions 3 on top and inner hole on the arms this so far has felt the best through the ruff stuff and it seems to settle better after the jumps. But I feel it could be better I am going to try a thicker oil in the rear to create more pack. please let me know if this is the right direction.
i am basically running the same set-up in the rear 45 with losi blacks. Are you talking about the rear end kinda popping up when going over woops? i had a little bit of this at the last track i went to but luckily it was only about 5 lil woops. If it were me, i would actually go the other way if this is what you are experiencing. going heavier would cause your shocks to pack up even faster, therefore locking up the suspension and popping the rear end up. Or you can try to go to the 1.4s and have it not pack up so fast. i have had 42.5 in the rear with the 1.3s and i think i like that better, i will be switching back. Also I run the outer hole on the Aarm, this lays down the shock to give the suspension a lil more progressive feel. Its hard to say for sure though without seeing what your car is doing. Remember suspension tuning is a give-and-take, the 45w is definately great for landing off big jumps but it will definately suffer elsewhere.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have been running Losi 32.5 frnt, and 37.5 rear with 1.3 pistons, the car is very plush, but I may bump up the oils a bit and see how that feels.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
this battery fits.... its kinda tight but it fits....

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/13508
Does this fit in the front box?

I have been using this http://www.teamhelotes.com/catalog/i1080.html

It fits in the front box a little tight but it works. I was able to add some weights in there as well to make up for the weight difference.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

I too have also had the same problem with being loose in the rear and i tried many things.My home track is very blown out as it is the end of season and what ended up working for me is,40wt associated oil in back with jammin big bore BLUE front springs with very little pre load as they are a bit longer than hot bodies springs,but settled it right down and now I`m staying with the fast pack like a seasoned pro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.