Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MST-1 Owners Post Here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow MST-1 Owners Post Here!

It's about time there was a thread for this truck!

Anything about this truck, Post it Here!
Old 07-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Tech Master

Hey Lugnut!

Do the new kits come with the aluminum hubs and the third-generation axles?
Old 07-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Default Ooops!

Sorry...............

StepPins
Old 07-16-2003, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default new kits

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Hey Lugnut!

Do the new kits come with the aluminum hubs and the third-generation axles?
waddap freakah

i'm not so sure if the new kit will have the aluminum rear hubs (that would be really sweet),but they will have the new rear axle output shafts...
less rear axle breakage at the pin....yeah baby!
Old 07-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What hop-ups are there, & have you guys got any little hints or tips to improve performance/realiability??
Old 07-17-2003, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ive got titanium tie rods and aluminum rear hubs and i think thats all i am going to get for it

i think its a pretty decent truck even though the axles are junk

i just got mine about month ago never raced 1/10 truck before and i was able to get 4th at the trinity gas challenge and finished a 40 minute main without breaking

in fact since i put the aluminum rear hubs on the axle problem hasnt reappeared again yet

bent a tie-rod befroe i put the titanium ones on but no surprise

ran truck 4 qualifiers and 40 minute main without any problem except the bent original tierod thats exceptional from what ive heard about 1/10 trucks
Old 07-18-2003, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by lineburner
What hop-ups are there, & have you guys got any little hints or tips to improve performance/realiability??
hey lineburner,
there are aluminum rear uprights (1,2,3 degree), aluminum rear hex hubs, aluminum front arm mounts, and 2 different rate springs (grey - harder than silver, and white - hardest).
I had a link to how they look and their part numbers, but i can't find it now
try browsing www.mugenracing.com

as far as set up tips, what kind of track are you racing on?
Old 07-18-2003, 02:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default PTP,

you're right about the rear axles...i just broke mine during some pratice runs today it broke right at the dowel pin. I am using the rear aluminum hexes from mugen though...through design it was said to aid in the durability of the rear axles. I'm planning on sending it back to Mugen, as stated on their site, for free replacements (i hope it's of their new generation ones!)
Old 07-18-2003, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

there is a way to adapt xxxnt mip cvds to the mst-1 a guy at my track has done it and he has not broken one and has the added advantage of no longer needing the mugen rear wheels

i broke the ones that came in my kit but havent broke 1 since maybe i lucked out and got 3rd gen already i ordered them from nitrohouse before the last week in june

i havent gotten the springs yet but they are near the top of my gotta get it list

i am also thinking of getting the front aluminum arm mount but it isnt near as high on my gotta get it list
Old 07-18-2003, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

the front aluminum arm mount is a great add on to the mst-1.
it really reduces the amount of play in the front arms and makes the suspension do its job. also, it keeps the front flat head screws from going through the front bumper when you tighten them down!

BTW, does anyone know the part number for the Ratszas woven graphite radio plate for the MST-1?
Old 07-18-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

The new kits come with aluminum rear hubs and updated axles. You can identify these kits by a sticker on the box. Check the back posts on Starting Grid for the part number on that graphite upper deck.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
The new kits come with aluminum rear hubs and updated axles. You can identify these kits by a sticker on the box. Check the back posts on Starting Grid for the part number on that graphite upper deck.
thanks for the info i got the idea of the radio plate when i read something about it on that site....but i forgot what response # it was 1000+ posts and counting...man its hard to find it once youv'e lost it.

BTW, do you know the release date of the new kit and has the price gone up alot for it?
Old 07-19-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Initiate

For the graphite upper tray go to www.ratzas.net and click on the mugen link. I got one and the quality is AWESOME!
Old 07-19-2003, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Twist 2 Go
For the graphite upper tray go to www.ratzas.net and click on the mugen link. I got one and the quality is AWESOME!
thanks twist,
I ckd out the ratzas and typed carbon fiber top plate in the search box....and there it was but was out of stock!
can't wait to get one. If there is another place that i can purchase it from other than ratzas, let a bother know!
Old 07-19-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

The new kits are not really "new" kits in the sense that it is a different car. The aluminum hubs and axles are a rolling change. You should be able to find them at the hopbby shop right now. The price is the same, you just happen to get some better stuff in the kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.