Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NOVAROSSI SURVEY

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

this season a fellow from my team bought a nova 21-7.... we tested it side by side with a few other .21's we bought this season and I gotta say the 21-7 is a big let down.... Its nowhere near the fastest in its class, in fact compared to a motor like a Picco P7R EVO 2 the 21-7 is just weak, very weak......... even next to the Ninja 21 the 21-7 was not stacking up........ for all the hype on this motor its definitely not a strong performer........... When the .21-7 hit the dyno it produced some pretty weak numbers as its track performance would indicate...... All in all for the $ the 21-7 is a pretty big disappointment and I would buy 2 Picco's before 1 of these Novas.. Also my C6 just ate its main bearing, does the RB's also use the low grade bearings ? my buddy dynoed a Nova 421 and it stomps all over the 21-7 from bottom to top, so badly its almost a joke....... Why would Nova de-tune their motors so badly ? i mean the 21-7 is terrible really when you consider its price....
Old 01-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maxi, they changed the sleeves and cranks on them , why I could not tell you, I think it was a bad experiment ohnestly ! Dyno a Crono RS7/N or better yet RS7/T !! These engines are 7 port monsters !! I think Nova thought the new ones would be the same ! Remember it's a woman in charge now. I just can't believe the Italians went for this ???? Culturely speeking of course , I have nothing again women being in charge.... Of womenly things .... Not Manly stuff! Well now that my rant is over
The newer 2000 series 7 port mills should be a whole lot better! They have 14 mm cranks with the standard bearings in them.

Who has a 367 pistn/sleeve they can measure and compair to say.. a P5 piston/sleeve #s ??? Let's see some real numbers ,like deck heights, exaustport to top of sleeve dim and lip thickness at the top of the sleeve ?
This should give some insight to the evolution issues at hand .
Old 01-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Keith - what's up? Figure out what your going to run this summer?
Old 01-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

definately NOT a Lousi !!
Old 01-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
this season a fellow from my team bought a nova 21-7.... we tested it side by side with a few other .21's we bought this season and I gotta say the 21-7 is a big let down.... Its nowhere near the fastest in its class, in fact compared to a motor like a Picco P7R EVO 2 the 21-7 is just weak, very weak......... even next to the Ninja 21 the 21-7 was not stacking up........ for all the hype on this motor its definitely not a strong performer........... When the .21-7 hit the dyno it produced some pretty weak numbers as its track performance would indicate...... All in all for the $ the 21-7 is a pretty big disappointment and I would buy 2 Picco's before 1 of these Novas.. Also my C6 just ate its main bearing, does the RB's also use the low grade bearings ? my buddy dynoed a Nova 421 and it stomps all over the 21-7 from bottom to top, so badly its almost a joke....... Why would Nova de-tune their motors so badly ? i mean the 21-7 is terrible really when you consider its price....

What about the S821B?
Old 01-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sonic27
What about the S821B?
beleive it or not, but the 821 is detuned from the 421.... the 421 is by far the nastiest Nova offroad .21
Old 01-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mremtr
Maxi, they changed the sleeves and cranks on them , why I could not tell you, I think it was a bad experiment ohnestly ! Dyno a Crono RS7/N or better yet RS7/T !! These engines are 7 port monsters !! I think Nova thought the new ones would be the same ! Remember it's a woman in charge now. I just can't believe the Italians went for this ???? Culturely speeking of course , I have nothing again women being in charge.... Of womenly things .... Not Manly stuff! Well now that my rant is over
The newer 2000 series 7 port mills should be a whole lot better! They have 14 mm cranks with the standard bearings in them.

Who has a 367 pistn/sleeve they can measure and compair to say.. a P5 piston/sleeve #s ??? Let's see some real numbers ,like deck heights, exaustport to top of sleeve dim and lip thickness at the top of the sleeve ?
This should give some insight to the evolution issues at hand .
I can check it, but I have to rip down the 367 to find out. The button on 367's goes down further into the sleeve, and the sleeve lip is also thicker I believe.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Maximo

I used this engine Plus21-7BT and the power is great and the fuel milage is good. I saw ninja running and is not attractive in speed.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Novarossi Engines

Hello, My name is Mark and I own PowerHouse RC Performance and I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about the Rossi line. In my opinion they have been the best, most consistant, longest lasting engines I have used and moddified. I have a few sponsored drivers that have had just about every decent brand of engine in their cars and we always seem to come back to those Rossi's. We swear by the P5X. All of our P5X's have lasted 10 gallons plus and even with the front bearings leaking, they still hold a tune and perform extremely well and they seem to be the best engine for the money. I have been landing new in the box P5X's for under $250 and I am always looking for more to modify and put in good racers hands. The rest of the Rossi line is just as good and I myself run Rossi in all of my vehicles. I was a Picco man years ago but I have found a new love the last few years. Thank you for your time and please continue delivering the quality that you built your reputation on.

Mark

www.PowerHouseRCPerformance.com
Old 01-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by suntok2
I used this engine Plus21-7BT and the power is great and the fuel milage is good. I saw ninja running and is not attractive in speed.
ninja,falcon,Grp,Boss they are all the same no difference apart from the name on the crank case period.same technology was used in all engine designs .
Old 01-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
ninja,falcon,Grp,Boss they are all the same no difference apart from the name on the crank case period.same technology was used in all engine designs .
no not exactly each engine is slightly different in its porting, crank and stroke. They made the engines to each customers liking. So Mugen asked for a particular type, Falcon asked for a particular type and GRP did they own variation as well

Now there are some small differences, but not to much
Old 01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
no not exactly each engine is slightly different in its porting, crank and stroke. They made the engines to each customers liking. So Mugen asked for a particular type, Falcon asked for a particular type and GRP did they own variation as well

Now there are some small differences, but not to much
thank you for the confirmation .
Old 01-16-2008, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
thank you for the confirmation .
Thought u would know that being an engineer and all and the Ozzy Novarossi importer
Old 01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Novarossi engines = #1 in quality !!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Is there anywhere to get a Crono RS7 ? Or is it made under a different name now ? With a 14mm crank.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.