Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JoeyTheRocket
I noticed that affect too with 7,10,5. I went to a 2.3 front bar and 2mm shim in front of the upper arms. That made a big difference for me. You running an under drive gear?
thanks... thats a lot of help.... i am running the stock ones
Old 07-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
That was on hardpack clay with a dust layer. The track is called Oberhausen in Germany.

I was driving an OS speed world championship edition (vzb I think) that was just broken in. I didn't limit the EPA, but I didn't go full throttle on the straight.

When I was practicing on Saturday, I managed to get 10:53min out of a tank. But I don't think I'd make that in a race since your usually driving a little harder and if you flip while practicing, it takes a bit longer while waiting for a marshall. I don't know how much fuel there was left in the tank after the 10min pit

Thanks for the info

Paul
Old 07-06-2011, 03:56 AM
Tech Adept

I must say that I really enjoyed the track. Real offroad is better than astro However, astro drives a lot more predictable then dirt (or perhaps that's because I'm used to astro)[/QUOTE]

Dirt is for racing ...carpet is for living rooms
Old 07-06-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Shock Spring Pre-Load Adjuster Nut

Hi

Today I purchased my new MBX6 and I finished putting it together, but also I purchased 2 additional set of shocks since I like to go to the track and test different shock set ups, but my main question is o know if someone know if the Shock Spring Pre-Load Adjuster Nut of the JQ Car work on the MBX6 because JQ carry them in different colors so I will like to purchase diferent colors to identify my shocks sets.

Also I am planning to purchase the long chassi but I dont know if I should purchase the Mugen or the BCE.

Thanks a lot.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moisesing
Hi

Today I purchased my new MBX6 and I finished putting it together, but also I purchased 2 additional set of shocks since I like to go to the track and test different shock set ups, but my main question is o know if someone know if the Shock Spring Pre-Load Adjuster Nut of the JQ Car work on the MBX6 because JQ carry them in different colors so I will like to purchase diferent colors to identify my shocks sets.

Also I am planning to purchase the long chassi but I dont know if I should purchase the Mugen or the BCE.

Thanks a lot.

BCE
Old 07-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hi

Thanks a lot.

JQ shocks are smaller bore than Mugen so their collars almost definitely don't work.

The BCE should be better. They use solid alloy plate, apparently most of the OE chassis use an ALclad type of metal which is hard on the outside, soft in the middle (like an M&M ) which is why they wear so fast when you get therough the anodizing. There was a big discussion about it a year or so ago on this thread.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi

Thanks a lot.
the two types of chassis will definitley feel different. the BCE will feel more "lively" but I am afraid you may crash more. It will also wear like iron.

the stock chassis has more self dampening characteristics due to its much maligned Alclad construction. but that offers a more forgiving ride. It also makes it less sensitive to changing track conditions. It will wear faster of course.

I do think the added 5mm is a big improvement to the car. either brand you go.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

I really like my 5mm stock chassis. It came with my EU2011 kit. I can't say much about the wear since I drive 90% of the time on astro.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Has actually anyone tried the battery in the front? Like Battle had in the NEO race and the Kyosho guys?
The weight would be more of the COG in this case, but you gain a bit off weight in the front. To be honest, I think that mbx6 has more then enough steering with the right setup, so I don't see a real benefit from it.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
Has actually anyone tried the battery in the front? Like Battle had in the NEO race and the Kyosho guys?
The weight would be more of the COG in this case, but you gain a bit off weight in the front. To be honest, I think that mbx6 has more then enough steering with the right setup, so I don't see a real benefit from it.
The battery mod isn't "technically" used to create more steering. Having the battery upfront allows for a less aggressive weight transfer from the rear.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Davidka
JQ shocks are smaller bore than Mugen so their collars almost definitely don't work.

The BCE should be better. They use solid alloy plate, apparently most of the OE chassis use an ALclad type of metal which is hard on the outside, soft in the middle (like an M&M ) which is why they wear so fast when you get therough the anodizing. There was a big discussion about it a year or so ago on this thread.
Hey David that is a great description for the "Clad" M&Ms.
I used a Ice cream sandwich for many years, But that hits
right on the head + They taste good to!!

dose not taste good
Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by johnny t
maligned Alclad construction.
odd description.. LOL
Old 07-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ben Burtle
odd description.. LOL
whats odd? the aluminum material used or the comments regarding it?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by johnny t
whats odd? the aluminum material used or the comments regarding it?
I'm not sure which is more odd. But, I do know that 7075-t6 is what the chassis is advertised to be. 7075 has zinc as it's alloying element. Why did you say it is Alclad? Isn't that a bonded substance? Or, are you saying it's what they bonded it with Alclad?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I think by "maligned" he meant that alclad alloys are often looked down on while not necessarily deservedly so. I think he said it was alclad because I said it was alclad but I do not know that for a fact, it was something I picked up while discussing the merits of aftermarket chassis with a few makers of them. It was a generalization and if the MBX6 chassis is in fact 7075 all the way through then I am incorrect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.