Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
No breather hole in Pro Line pre-mounts? >

No breather hole in Pro Line pre-mounts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No breather hole in Pro Line pre-mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

You're not wrong, it's just another way to run them. I have also found that very small or no breather holes more than doubles the life of the foam. My guess is that not allowing the air to escape keeps the foam from taking a pounding. Vented tires should work better in the rough.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Elam
The funny thing is back in the old days that is the way we always did it. (hole in tire) sidewall and on top of tire. I dont remember when but one day it was hole's in the rim. I have been doing it that way ever since. I seen Masami drilling holes in his rims, He put several big holes in and all were evenly spaced. he said he felt it made it more consistant, versus just putting 2 little holes in the rims. This is no kidding I bet he had 8 decent sized holes each b4 wheel.
HEY MIKE
Congratulations Saturday. I heard you and Frank had a good race going on. I wish I would have been there.

I've always run 4 holes in 8th scale and 10th scale. I'm gonna try the 8 holes sometime. That should make the tire more flexible? Right?
Old 07-15-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Talking

usually put 3 1/8th holes in buggy tires towards the center of the tire as to throw the dirt out of the tire when it rotates 4 1/8th " holes in truggy tires once again towards the center learned the way to do it from yuichi's tires he gave me one reason you cant leave your tires without holes is that the foams do not work when there is air pressure inside the rubber , tires need to breath well in order for foam to work
later, monty
Old 07-16-2007, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Simplest way to get vents in your tires is to mount the tires in the usual manner, then take your 1.5mm hex driver and punch holes in the tire in line with the holes in the wheels. I've been doing this to 18th, 10th, and 8th buggy and truggy tires for over 6 years and have never had a premature failure of foam or tire.