Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho SP2 WC Edition

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason
Crocket - Can you post more pictures of your fuel line layout?

Just got a Kyosho MP777WC and finished putting it together tonight.
Can't wait to drive it this weekend. Looking for a starting setup for a hard
packed track with a dusty surface. Anyone? What kind of surface is the setup at the top of this thread good for?

Thanks,
Jason
Hi Jason,
let me give you my 2 cents worth of inputs
I oil both the internal and external air filter for a dusty track. I messed 1 engine before so I do this to extend the life of my engine.
i change the outer filter layer as soon as the engine can't breath. When you realize that you start to lose power. Don't lean the engine, just put on a new filter.
For hard surface, use a harder compound tire. Grip would be better. change the stabilizer sway bars to a thinner diameter. This prevents drifting of the car on a hard flat surface during corners

Old 08-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just got a Kyosho MP777WC and finished putting it together tonight.
Can't wait to drive it this weekend. Looking for a starting setup for a hard
packed track with a dusty surface. Anyone? What kind of surface is the setup at the top of this thread good for?

Thanks,
Jason
The stock setup for WC is a great starting point.

Originally Posted by khoo
Hi Jason,
let me give you my 2 cents worth of inputs
I oil both the internal and external air filter for a dusty track. I messed 1 engine before so I do this to extend the life of my engine.
i change the outer filter layer as soon as the engine can't breath. When you realize that you start to lose power. Don't lean the engine, just put on a new filter.
For hard surface, use a harder compound tire. Grip would be better. change the stabilizer sway bars to a thinner diameter. This prevents drifting of the car on a hard flat surface during corners

I ran the buggy last Sunday on a very dusty track and had to change the inner filter twice within 6 tanks of fuel. I oiled only the inner filter, it got so cloaked up with dust and caused the engine to slow on the straight.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Jason,
I changed the way I run my fuel lines this week so cant show you any new photos however I can show you a photo of my last car as the fuel line layout is clearer. The only difference I made in my Kyosho is I mounted the filters on top of each other. One filter is in the fuel line the other is in the pressure line and is missing the internal filter so is simply an expansion chamber.

I ran the fuel line all the way to the front body mount to maximise the fuel I could run however due to this I was running right on the 125ml limit so decided to shorten the lines to comfortable keep under the limit.
regards.........dave

Last edited by Crocket; 11-06-2007 at 12:15 AM. Reason: update link to photo
Old 08-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Crocket....can you talk about the differences you've seen between the Jammin and the WC? Also, have you driven a Losi? Curious what your thoughts are. I've driven a Losi for almost a year now and am thinking of going back to the K car. I race a K2 about 3 years ago but I know they have made a lot of changes since then. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by redsand
The stock setup for WC is a great starting point.

I ran the buggy last Sunday on a very dusty track and had to change the inner filter twice within 6 tanks of fuel. I oiled only the inner filter, it got so cloaked up with dust and caused the engine to slow on the straight.
That's the phenomenon with a choked filter. We then to lean the engine when it seems to be slower but the fact is that the filters need to be changed. I learned the hard way by busting the engine. It's better to oil the outside filter moderately it indicates how much dust will there be too for the next change
Old 08-18-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nolec5
Crocket....can you talk about the differences you've seen between the Jammin and the WC? Also, have you driven a Losi? Curious what your thoughts are. I've driven a Losi for almost a year now and am thinking of going back to the K car. I race a K2 about 3 years ago but I know they have made a lot of changes since then. Thanks in advance.
Hi nolec5,
I find the Kyosho feels very similar to the X1CR however the rear of the Kyosho seems a bit more settled under hard acceleration out of slow corners. I have heard a number of local X1CR drivers are fitting MP777WC rear suspension arms to their X1CR's with great results. (They bolt straight on.)
I have not had a chance to drive a Losi 8ight but are keen to try one to see how they feel. From what I've heard the Losi feels fast when you drive them but your laptimes don't seem to be as quick.......I've always found that it seems you do your fastest lap time when the car is so settled that it feels slow.
The good thing I like about the Losi is the way it jumps, I'm hoping the New Kyosho Big Bores will allow the MP777 to jump as well as the Losi.....will let you know

Last edited by Crocket; 08-18-2007 at 06:03 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well my experience lately with the losi has been that i can qualify very well with it but when it comes to longer mains it has been harder to hold on to for 20 and 30 minites. Hopefully someone is out there who has driven both thanks!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crocket
Hi nolec5,
I find the Kyosho feels very similar to the X1CR however the rear of the Kyosho seems a bit more settled under hard acceleration out of slow corners. I have heard a number of local X1CR drivers are fitting MP777WC rear suspension arms to their X1CR's with great results. (They bolt straight on.)

Funny, today my starter box batteries went dead and my Jammin lined up perfectly on my buddies box setup for his Kyosho.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by D Hunt 3
Funny, today my starter box batteries went dead and my Jammin lined up perfectly on my buddies box setup for his Kyosho.
Yeah, I would say that when Jammin' started to design a "New" car they would have done what 95% of all other manufacturers have done and copied the dimensions, pivot points etc from the Kyosho and then make so cosmetic changes to make it look different. Let face it why wouldn't you use the Kyosho as a starting point, It's been the most dominant buggy for the past decade or more. .
I have been surprised the amount of parts I can swap between the X1CR and the MP777. My favourite part of the X1CR is the front knuckle design, the T bolts are briliant as they dont strip out the steering knuckles, but unfortunately you cant swap them over as when you do it produces some wicked bump steer.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ran my car for the first time this weekend, didn't get to race though, mother nature wasn't cooperating.
The car felt very good - I started with the stock WC setup except had long upper camber rod instead of short. Made a few droop changes and the car felt dialed. Can't wait to race it next weekend and see how it goes.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Crocket
Yeah, I would say that when Jammin' started to design a "New" car they would have done what 95% of all other manufacturers have done and copied the dimensions, pivot points etc from the Kyosho and then make so cosmetic changes to make it look different. Let face it why wouldn't you use the Kyosho as a starting point, It's been the most dominant buggy for the past decade or more. .
I have been surprised the amount of parts I can swap between the X1CR and the MP777. My favourite part of the X1CR is the front knuckle design, the T bolts are briliant as they dont strip out the steering knuckles, but unfortunately you cant swap them over as when you do it produces some wicked bump steer.
They mustta have a really good R&D department, R&D means Receive and Duplicate
Old 08-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

Originally Posted by redsand
They mustta have a really good R&D department, R&D means Receive and Duplicate
Receive and Duplicate......

I raced my WC this weekend with the new Big Bore shocks, After a little testing I found that (Associated) 70w in the front and 40w in the rear with the Lime springs was a nice setup for our bumpy, rutted track. It didn't seem too much different from the originals through the rough stuff but it did seem more settled when landing from jumps. I will continue to test with them and keep you informed of progress.

B.T.W - For some reason we raced our A main before our B main this week. I lapped 2nd place in the 20 minute A main and then gave the car to a driver in the B main who also won with it on his first time driving it so it was definately going well.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default PBS

Oddly enough a Jammin PBS conversion dropped right onto my 777WC chassis, no mods. Kyosho PBS. Serious castor on the front. I wanted to try it on a tight, short, twisty track. I'll try to get a pic up.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Pics

Jammin PBS on 777WC

Last edited by DogboneS; 09-24-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DogboneS
Jammin PBS on 777WC
I'm a little stone on this. Do you have to change the sway bars too? Using Jammin?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.