Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
thats not the ones but they look good i never bent the stock inner pins that go into the arms. heres the ones
I took a better look and see what your talking about now. The ones I posted are the inner. LOL!!
Where can I get those at, or should I just get some of the 2.0 outer pins? All I know is I'm getting pretty tired of bending pins everytime..
Old 10-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Tate72
I took a better look and see what your talking about now. The ones I posted are the inner. LOL!!
Where can I get those at, or should I just get some of the 2.0 outer pins? All I know is I'm getting pretty tired of bending pins everytime..

you can get them at amain hobbies there mc2 brand pins also there $13.00
the 2.0 pins are good.. but you do have to use the 2.0 hubs i tried to use the 1.0 hubs and drill them out the pins whould not fit at all no matter what i did.

the problem, i have with using the 2.0 outer rear pins and hubs is that i cant use the same hole in the rear hub and use the #4 hole on the rear tower i cant adjust the camber over 1 - because i cant go any farther wihtout stripping the ball cups.

so thats the problem you will have .
so i have to use the (b) hole on the hub and use #4 hole on the tower which i dont like using the (b) hole it doesnt give you enough rotate in the rear.

you can use the upper hole on the tower using #1 hole on the tower with the (a) but going my the manuel at least it says it works good on a high tracton tration which i dont race on at least.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
im using, the 2.0 rear outer pins and i had to use the 2.0 rear hubs and i can only use the (b) hole in the #4 hole on the tower inless i use the (a) hole with the upper #1 hole on the tower .

i like to use the (a) hole with the #4 on the tower i dont like the (b) on hole on the rear hub.

i have no idea how using the (a) hole on the rear hub with the upper #1 hole on the tower would work on my track.

Camber link location's have Nothing to do with the rear hingepins.

Originally Posted by Tate72

Get the 2.0's with a set of rear arms and rear hubs and your good to go.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Integra
Camber link location's have Nothing to do with the rear hingepins.

Get the 2.0's with a set of rear arms and rear hubs and your good to go.

im talking about the 2.0 hubs also thats giving me a problem im just letting him know that.
do i, need the 2.0 t arms and rear turnbuckles to help solve my problem or just run the upper #1 hole on the rear tower with the link in the (a) on the rear hub ?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Prophet

well i, was thinking and im pretty sure the only way i can setup with the 2.0 rear hubs and have the same setting with the camber link in the #4 hole. on the tower, and the (a) hole is to cut off the the section where the 4 hole is on the 2.0 hub i know it will look weird but i think it would work.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

bump for a informative thread.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TommyBoy84
bump for a informative thread.
Theres a BIG one with all the info you can ask for.... This one is pretty old.