Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ALJR.... PM robert at matrix...he's an Overly nice guy to talk to....and his parts are TOP notch.....the anchorman needs no bushing's to stay tight.....tighten the screw a 1/16" when it gets a little loose and ur good as new.....HRmm new radio tray......im gonna talk to him about that.......ya never know.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have the RTR version of the 8ight. My question is why do my shock leek like crazy. I rebuilt the shocks and havent ran it yet this year. The o rings are good. It is leaking where the shock shaft leaves the shock body. It leaks to the point that there is oil dripping off the a arms. However when i took the shocks apart there is still a good amount of oil in them. Could this be a result of over filling the shocks.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You are 100% sure the o-rings are still providing a proper seal? I'd try replacing them first. Also, if you bleed the shocks properly, overfilling should be nearly impossible.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default white orings

The RTR 8ight came with the black o-rings in the shocks ( i know i have one) that leaked like crazy, so make sure that you re-build them with the white o-rings that come with the shock o-ring kit. That should solve you probs.

Dan.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Also do yourself a favor and get some AE Green Slime with those updated o-rings to help keep the shocks from leaking.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1RC_ROOKIE
The RTR 8ight came with the black o-rings in the shocks ( i know i have one) that leaked like crazy, so make sure that you re-build them with the white o-rings that come with the shock o-ring kit. That should solve you probs.

Dan.
+1 black rings not good, and I think some older kits might have come with them.....?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
i personally have only used losi shoes, or king heads shoes....i run 2 carbon and 2 alum

i use gold springs on the alum and green on the carbon....

i get over a gallon on my shoes, i check them after every outing and replace them when they get to 23.4mm....

i have talked to many racers including two guys on the losi team that have tryed the long wear shoes from losi and dynamite, they said the losi shoes are better.....being as i have had no negative experience with the stock losi shoes, i have not tried the others.....

i trust what i have seen and am told.....
Yes the orgional losi shoes alum and carbon is better because carbon gives good grip when its hot. i tried the long wear, it slips a lot more than the orgional.. So i have been contuie using the factory shoes, but i run gold on carbon and silver on alum.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CREWMAN
I have the RTR version of the 8ight. My question is why do my shock leek like crazy. I rebuilt the shocks and havent ran it yet this year. The o rings are good. It is leaking where the shock shaft leaves the shock body. It leaks to the point that there is oil dripping off the a arms. However when i took the shocks apart there is still a good amount of oil in them. Could this be a result of over filling the shocks.
I doubt that we are going to do raido tray, because too much of ridgity after you lighten it up, wont do any much.. Most of us like it flexing a little more than factory roller.. so cabron fiber does that like bow..

I have been racing with fully matrix parts on my 8b.. i love it a lot more than factory.. 2 reasons.. gives better fuel miliage, and it flys smoother and easier. I wouldnt change it back to factory roller at all! only thing i would change is the shocks, it doesnt really do much of work because oil flows around the postion edge too. So, hopefully we come up with something better..
Old 07-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

But you could always ask robert, hes much more smart with these things, me and few of us fellow guys work and help him out with some modifiy, but there hasnt been much modifiy needed after the new chassis design. I look foward to keep racing with them.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 07-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Holy sh*t ... that is a LOT of carbon fibre
Old 07-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

haha.. well it prodived better handling and controling.. aluminum bend and stays bend.. but carbon fiber doesnt stay bend, it flexs back like a bow.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Losi 8 Editable set-up sheet

Hi all,
Just retired my Hong Nor X1XCR for a while and now giving a Losi 8 a bit of test and some race time to see how I go with it. Anyway got sick of writing out setup sheets for the Losi 8, so I made my own editable PDF setup sheet (to lazy to search the web for one) and just want to share it with everyone.

Good luck to all pro drivers attending the Worlds in the USA, would love to be there. (Spelling on the setup sheet is in Australian English)

Cheers Bigkev
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 07-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by desertbird
+1 black rings not good, and I think some older kits might have come with them.....?

All the original kits and the RTRs come with the black o-rings .
Old 07-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

I emailed robert the day the pics of the stuff were up about the uni ends that accept the boots. Havent got anything back from him yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.