Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ya there's also a guy on ebay " nevermiss "...check them out if u like..he makes ALL the plates for everything. and if its not listed...contact him and he will get it to you.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldguyzrule
Silver being the stiffest spring may not allow the composite shoes to engage until later in the power band , you may have only the aluminum shoes engaging through out the first part of the power band= lots of prematurely worn out aluminum's, generally the heavier spring goes to the heavier shoe, but if its workin' run em.

Thats interesting, I use 4 losi long life shoes with gold springs. lotta punch. Track I race at is very short, with some technical parts and medium/big jumps. What do you guys think of that setup? too extreme?

or am i just crazy
Old 03-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

RB filters will work the buggy also, not sure if anyone has posted that yet.
Unfortunately the pre filter that comes with the main filter is too big.

To the Texas guys, since I see so many post here, and also anyone within the Oklahoma state lines....
Action RC is having their annual Free For All race April 12th.
Great new track layout, and a great place in general.
Head out there if you guys can!!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.actionrc.com
Old 03-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
Chuck I'm running the opposite on springs, silver on carbon, gold on aluminum. Whats the differnce?
Cody that should make the carbon shoes wear a lot quicker then mine. The silver springs are stiffer so they match up better on the aluminum shoes. Your setup should have more slip before the clutch ingadges. I always try to have at least the same or slightly stiffer spring on the aluminum shoes.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kylehirano
Can anyone recommend some good shock piston boot covers, The stock Losi ones rip way to easy, and Im tired of replacing them.

I bought some aftermarket shock covers, the ones that cover the whole shock and spring, and they seem to work ok, but there a pain when you have to do some ajusting on the shocks.

Somebody on here posted a picture of some shock piston boots that looked liked they would work real well, there ribbed almost like a accordian and are thicker than the stock losi units, dont know who makes them though?
this is what I've been using for almost a year now and I've only replace 2 or three in that time

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4443

you don't need to use the felt disc's that the jammin use as the rubber boots are designed for a 3.5mm shock shaft and the losi is 4mm so you get a really good seal

I check my shock oil every 1-2 gallons of run time and it is usually still clear

Adrian
Old 03-26-2008, 01:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would imagine that those long balloons for balloon animals would be a cheap and easy solution. I haven't tried them myself though.

Just buy a bunch and cut them to cover your shocks. It seems like it'd work. Has anyone tried?

and... the COLORS
Old 03-26-2008, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Originally Posted by adamdrake
I tried them and they work like shit.
Just for the record guys I'm sure this is not Adam....
Old 03-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SCUBA STEVE
Just for the record guys I'm sure this is not Adam....

X2...Hey "adam as u so claim" Get a Life and dont pretend your someone you are Not....Not cool imo....and plus...U look like a goof with a comment like that....No Quote to who u are talkin to....and a Blatent Swear...common....do u even know the Forum rules ?
Old 03-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

I am liking all Kingheads (alum) shoes w/ gold springs. good wear and a good feel on an outdoor track that can get a little loose.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by Steve Walters
Black balloons for shock boots. The average cost of 4 shock boots is $6.60And they last a couple of weekends...maybe. The bag contains 100 so your cost per set of 4 is .37 cents !!

Bag of 100 for $9.35....

http://tkocompetitiondev.com/shop/pr...roducts_id=326
We use the balloons for balloon animals... available at any "party supply" and sometimes in grocery stores or walmart, a couple of bucks for a bag of 100. Of course the colors are... entertaining...
Old 03-27-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Servo Horn Inserts

So, I got started on my 8ight race roller yesterday, and started to put together the radio tray.

I have a Z650m and a Z590(m?) hanging aroudn that i'm using. Anyway, both are metal gear JR servos. What is the spline count on these? The 23, 24, and 25 spline servo horn inserts don't seem to fit (unless maybe they have to be forced on by placing them on and screwing them down).

Any ideas?
Old 03-27-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

Read the manual, it will tell you which is the correct one. It WILL require putting some stank on it. A good tight fit is better than a shaky loose one.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Makes Sense.

Def the 23t then. I'm coming from an onroad world where servo savers are used and generally they just slide on.

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Manderplex: It's also a good idea to pick up a losi aluminum servo horn for the steering because the stock plastic inserts strip on a hard front hit.
Here is a link to the one you would need for a JR servo.

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...idproduct=4919
Old 03-28-2008, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default Shock boot covers

Originally Posted by kylehirano
Can anyone recommend some good shock piston boot covers, The stock Losi ones rip way to easy, and Im tired of replacing them.

I bought some aftermarket shock covers, the ones that cover the whole shock and spring, and they seem to work ok, but there a pain when you have to do some ajusting on the shocks.

Somebody on here posted a picture of some shock piston boots that looked liked they would work real well, there ribbed almost like a accordian and are thicker than the stock losi units, dont know who makes them though?
Hi,

I have used some off an jammin 1/8 buggy they also seem to fit as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.