Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by wild gopher
sorry if this has been asked before but I am not searching through 3000 posts to find this. Does anyone run an Ofna chrome top starter box with their 8T? If so, is there any mods that need to be done? Any pics available? I just got my 8T and didnt realize it took a different starter box.
you can make just about any starter box work. You will probley have to file the wheel down on the sides and use some creative mounting points for the box. OR you can get a extra set of stone guards and mount them to the box top to use them as the plate.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wild gopher
sorry if this has been asked before but I am not searching through 3000 posts to find this. Does anyone run an Ofna chrome top starter box with their 8T? If so, is there any mods that need to be done? Any pics available? I just got my 8T and didnt realize it took a different starter box.
http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodID=LOSK0800

Scroll down below the setup sheets.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

good find, thanks
Old 05-30-2008, 02:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so has anyone tried the New Lightweight wheels for the truggy yet? LOSA7738 I'm interested in how much they affect the handling?
Old 05-30-2008, 02:34 AM
Tech Champion

Here's something else to watch for: TWO different rims for the T. One is intended for MAXX size tires and has zero offset, while the second one is meant for LPR and is 1/2" offset
7742 http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/22140

7740 http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12285
Old 05-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
so has anyone tried the New Lightweight wheels for the truggy yet? LOSA7738 I'm interested in how much they affect the handling?

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA7738

I'm more curious how they hold up to beatings. 17 grams less seems like a nice change in rotational mass. They'd give you a nice punch out of the corners since that's where you are twisting all that mass up from a low speed rotation.

Sounds like something to be looking into. I may get a set.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

Horizon has them in stock. At least i don't see "out of stock" or "backorder" or anything like that.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mixedguy
i am going to use the werks clutch has anyone used it and what are the pros and cons i run three classes and dont have time to service the alum shoes on the losi
M2C 5/32" all the way. You will break the hub before the pins. I have been using them for 6 weeks now and actually broke a rear hub from a real bad crash and the hinge pins are still straight as an arrow. I was going through the stock every race day.

I have also been cracking a few of the adjustable rear inserts as well. I think the plastic is made hard to resist abrasion, but can not handle a very hard cartwheel.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Shock Setups

Alright guys I need some advice on shock setup. I have been doing extremely well at my track finishing 1st or 2nd in the Amain every week with the Gotech 7 port, but our track is very rough. The straight away was a land mine field last week and truggies were flipping everywhere. I found a descent line, but actually lost the race when I was about to pass the 2nd place car to lap him a second time and he slipped out and I crashed into his back end then flammed out on the last lap. I think the next big improvement I can make to the truggy is in a better shock setup. I have not touched the shocks from the original Race Roller setup in 3 months including re-filling them etc. I opened one up one time, and the oil looked perfect, so I closed it back up. I am running the 3x3 adjustable rear with the 3mil rear bar and Proline bow ties to tighten up the car based on all your recommendations, which have really helped get it dialed in. I do think though that the car still bounces a bit too much when the track gets rough. Some guys even told me they use the MT bow ties instead of the LPR's to get more cushion out of the suspension.

What changes to the stock RR setup would you guys do for a real bumpy track that is basically built on a hill. Here is a link to a great video showing the track about 1/2 way down on May 22 Nuclear RC. What is the stock oil setup, 30 rear and 45 front? Oh yea, the temps are about 85 F now during race day max.

http://rar-studios-rc.tumblr.com/
Old 06-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

cherokee180c
Thats funny I am also still running the stocksetup. Most of the time on bumpy and loamy tracks.
It took me a few months to get a grip on the truck but right now I have her hooked up. The ownly thing I change every once in a wile is the ride hight. I run the lowest of all of my fellow racers but I am also the ownley 8T.
So I whould say start by running a little higher and U will be fine. (just my experiance)

mzl Hellsavage
Old 06-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am obviously doing fine with the current setup, I just don't believe it is fully optimized for a real bumpy track. I went to a race up in PA last week and saw a Kyosho ST-RR race and it looked much smoother over the rough stuff. Most of that looked like that guy had a fantastic shock setup, which may or may not be unique to that car, but the driver was sponsored and I can tell you it just glided over the jumps and bumps. I really do think somebody here has a similar setup they run where they have changed the inserts or oil or something. I think my spring setup is fine as I went to stiffer front springs, to take out steering, but later found that changes to the rear to tighten the truck up were more productive so I went back to the stock spring setup. I really think it is dampening that could use a bit of tweaking, but that is why I am asking as I am unsure.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Tech Champion

Have you tried using the smaller shock pistons? Or thicker oil? These will slow down the shock movement.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here is my deal on a 8T. Cant wait to race it. Just trying to decide what sevos to use.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherokee180c
I am obviously doing fine with the current setup, I just don't believe it is fully optimized for a real bumpy track. I went to a race up in PA last week and saw a Kyosho ST-RR race and it looked much smoother over the rough stuff. Most of that looked like that guy had a fantastic shock setup, which may or may not be unique to that car, but the driver was sponsored and I can tell you it just glided over the jumps and bumps. I really do think somebody here has a similar setup they run where they have changed the inserts or oil or something. I think my spring setup is fine as I went to stiffer front springs, to take out steering, but later found that changes to the rear to tighten the truck up were more productive so I went back to the stock spring setup. I really think it is dampening that could use a bit of tweaking, but that is why I am asking as I am unsure.
If you have not done so already, GET some GRP tire/wheel combo, like teh grips.
Simply awesome
Old 06-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Looks like a lot of good stuff. I use JR 8711 servos in my buggy. May not be the fastest servos but they have enough torque to throw around truggy tires. Most people just have brand preference. Personally, I like JR. You'll probably get a lot of people telling you to get the ACE or AE servos. They've got to be good with all of the people talking them up on this forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.